A year of Preludin!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 9530
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby LMG » 06 May 2020, 00:07

So Coan has his own little saddo kingdom message board and doesn't post much here?

I missed that. And they say there's nothing but bad and depressing news these days! :lol:
"When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total" - Donald Trump April 13, 2020
"Doom is Supreme! There is no power on earth, no intellect in all creation to equal MINE!" - Dr Doom, fictional comics villain

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 26557
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 May 2020, 02:32

Preludin posters will happily slander me and post false allegations about me, but not allow me to defend myself there. Instead they block me and prevent me from reading any more character assassination. Which saves me a lot of time, I suppose. But it's hardly fair play.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
harvey k-tel
Long Player
Posts: 40677
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 23:20
Location: 1220 on your AM dial

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 May 2020, 04:01

Ah, the good ol’ fair and democratic internet.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 7255
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Darkness_Fish » 06 May 2020, 08:55

I don't slander anyone but fange.

Dunno about anyone else, but I just like posting about music, books, and occasionally other stuff. I do it here, I do it there, I do it fucking everywhere.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Sam Stone
Posts: 1732
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Sam Stone » 06 May 2020, 09:04

Darkness_Fish wrote:I don't slander anyone but fange.

Dunno about anyone else, but I just like posting about music, books, and occasionally other stuff. I do it here, I do it there, I do it fucking everywhere.


Bloody troublemaker.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 56544
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby C » 06 May 2020, 11:04

GoogaMooga wrote:Preludin posters will happily slander me and post false allegations about me, but not allow me to defend myself there. Instead they block me and prevent me from reading any more character assassination. Which saves me a lot of time, I suppose. But it's hardly fair play.


Spot on Googs

I was banned from day one too.

Didn't the Bully-boy post something along the lines of no BCBers left would be allowed to join the other place?

He is a controlling, sad, unpleasant person who gets a kick from insulting and trying to upset others.

The trouble is a number of his sycophants take the same line. One who posted here only yesterday late evening called me a c**t.
I could never fathom that out. I don't really know him and I certainly haven't met him. I think if I had he would probably be the type of person my mum always told me to avoid - ie not very pleasant.

Also, while I am here - didn't one of the chief right-hand bully boys imply that at one stage Prog Corner was under threat.

Soft-lad - you are having a laff...!

Get a grip

When the fun stops. Stop







.
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 37596
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 06 May 2020, 11:12

Preludin. Isn't that a contraceptive for men?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.
Posts: 68897
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:04
Location: High On Poachers Hill

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 May 2020, 11:57

Christ alive. Are you lot still obsessing over that website?!

:roll:
People go on too much about the privileged background of politicians but actually Matt Hancock had a very humble upbringing in an Italian workshop owned by a woodworker named Geppetto who turned him into a human boy.

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13613
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby fange » 06 May 2020, 12:43

Sam Stone wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I don't slander anyone but fange.

Dunno about anyone else, but I just like posting about music, books, and occasionally other stuff. I do it here, I do it there, I do it fucking everywhere.


Bloody troublemaker.


Oi, both of you! :x
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13613
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby fange » 06 May 2020, 12:49

This is a sad thread. Lock it up, throw away the key, and move on in your own ways, people.

Listen to some music and write about that in great detail, C. That's the tonic.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 56544
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby C » 06 May 2020, 12:56

fange wrote:Listen to some music and write about that in great detail, C. That's the tonic.


A good point well made my dear friend.

But I can do both.

I hate bullies - they are gutless blaggards.

Too many people have kept quiet for too long.

I will continue to call these nasty people out

Have your own place - yes

Post on BCB - yes.

But don't fucquing come over here slagging folk off - and if this place is so bad why spend so much time writing about us?

Leave Jimbo alone

Leave Googs alone.

Play nicely.

If the fun stops. Fucque off

Now, where's that seminally robust Quintessence album....?






.
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 26557
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 May 2020, 14:33

To Sneelock, whose latest diatribe has been brought to my attention:

Well, you are completely off the mark with me. I don't dominate BCB, haven't posted prodigiously in a long, long time. And I only complained about some very specific allegation about me on Preludin early on. But of course, I'll never be able to explain that over there, nor do I really want to.

- GoogaMooga
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 56544
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby C » 06 May 2020, 15:03

GoogaMooga wrote:To Sneelock, whose latest diatribe


I remember him when he was a nice boy too.

The chief bully-boy poisons their minds

Sad

Very sad






.
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 56544
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby C » 06 May 2020, 15:04

GoogaMooga wrote:To Sneelock, whose latest diatribe


I remember him when he was a nice boy too.

The chief bully-boy poisons their minds

Sad

Very sad






.
robertff wrote:He [Ronnie James Dio] was better than Lee Jackson, I'll give you that and Ronnie Wood

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 23990
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: Insanity filled foxhole

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Deebank » 06 May 2020, 15:27

It was like the Pilgrim Fathers leaving Plymouth for the New World... in that they they were perceived in the land they left to be a bunch of uptight intolerants who after failing to have the 'old country' adopt their strict rules and way of life, couldn't put up with any behaviour, taste or preference that wasn't strictly according to their narrow world-view.

Whereas of course they considered themselves to be the righteous and persecuted chosen ones heading for the promised land...

Or something like that.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 26557
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 May 2020, 15:34

I don't recall having had any run-ins with Sneelock, quite the contrary, but what can you do? Speaking your mind in this thread is like stirring a hornet's nest. So I'll try to refrain from making further comments.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31219
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 May 2020, 15:41

fange wrote:This is a sad thread. Lock it up, throw away the key, and move on in your own ways, people.



Isn’t it? I bet Coan had NO IDEA when he started it that it would go this way and is simply shocked and staggered over yonder? Amirite?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Sam Stone
Posts: 1732
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Sam Stone » 06 May 2020, 16:21

Yes, they're just one big happy family over there with Coany as Charley Manson or Fred West

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 31219
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 May 2020, 16:27

And you can put a sock in it and all.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Sam Stone
Posts: 1732
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby Sam Stone » 06 May 2020, 17:26

Not one of yours, thank you very much