in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
LMG
Gentleman Thug

Re: A year of Preludin!

Postby LMG » 06 May 2020, 17:42

Sam Stone wrote:Not one of yours, thank you very much

I'll have it.

I mean, if one's going spare...
"In the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?" - Dr Martin Luther King, Jr 1967

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 06 May 2020, 17:54

Deebank wrote:It was like the Pilgrim Fathers leaving Plymouth for the New World... in that they they were perceived in the land they left to be a bunch of uptight intolerants who after failing to have the 'old country' adopt their strict rules and way of life, couldn't put up with any behaviour, taste or preference that wasn't strictly according to their narrow world-view.

Whereas of course they considered themselves to be the righteous and persecuted chosen ones heading for the promised land...

Or something like that.

Or nothing like that.
There's no group think, no diktat. Hatz continues to have different music taste to Darkness Fish, I continue to have different politics to Toby and Goat Boy continues to have different views on spaghetti to Harvey K Tel.
Personally I wasn't even in favour of the board starting originally, but I found myself hanging out there more than here because it was more fun and sparkier. More like early BCB in fact.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 May 2020, 17:56

Deebank wrote:It was like the Pilgrim Fathers leaving Plymouth for the New World... in that they they were perceived in the land they left to be a bunch of uptight intolerants who after failing to have the 'old country' adopt their strict rules and way of life, couldn't put up with any behaviour, taste or preference that wasn't strictly according to their narrow world-view.

Whereas of course they considered themselves to be the righteous and persecuted chosen ones heading for the promised land...

Or something like that.

I give this a "like" or would if I could.

While I'm still :lol: ... Remember when Cook'dandBomb'd started a BCB thread a few years ago? Another tempest in a teapot. Live and let live and/or ignore and let ignore ... :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 May 2020, 18:06

Double-posting, in the interest of fully-disclosure:

Hey, I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing, of course.

But...Jimbo? If anyone's suggesting he's being bullied in any way, I'd question their reading comprehension. If you were trying to upset Jimbo, the quickest way to do it would be to leave him alone.

Other than that, I hope the old friends that came back around stick around for a while. It's nice to see them.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 May 2020, 20:05

The Modernist wrote:

Or something like that.

Or nothing like that.
There's no group think, no diktat. Hatz continues to have different music taste to Darkness Fish, I continue to have different politics to Toby and Goat Boy continues to have different views on spaghetti to Harvey K Tel.
Personally I wasn't even in favour of the board starting originally, but I found myself hanging out there more than here because it was more fun and sparkier. More like early BCB in fact.

Ooo touchy! ;)

Actually the analogy doesn’t really stretch beyond your illustrious leader. I’m not complaining mind, I was always telling him that he’d be happier somewhere more to his tastes and he went off and built it - so fair dos.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 May 2020, 21:23

GoogaMooga wrote:Preludin posters will happily slander me and post false allegations about me, but not allow me to defend myself there. Instead they block me and prevent me from reading any more character assassination. Which saves me a lot of time, I suppose. But it's hardly fair play.

GoogaMooga wrote: I only complained about some very specific allegation about me on Preludin early on. But of course, I'll never be able to explain that over there, nor do I really want to.

These two posts, posted hours apart, don't really seem to go together to me, so maybe we have a different definition of slander.

If you want to defend yourself here, I'm all ears, and I'm not going anywhere. But keep in mind that making fun of one's posting style, or music taste, is perfectly fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I will also repeat what I've said in both places, ad infinitum - going on a message board does not entitle anyone to what I presume you're calling fair play. I will say the same to you as I say to anyone - if it's not serving you, go outside for air. (Which I think is the same as "when the fun stops, stop," but I'm open to debate about that if anyone feels differently.)

C
Robust

Postby C » 06 May 2020, 21:40

Deebank wrote:the promised land

What an absolute corker!

kath wrote:[in my dream] i said, "reap, there is no way we can clear all this shit out in time. our landlord's gonna sue us!"

reap gives me this wicked grin and replies, "not if we play zep."

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 06 May 2020, 22:15

toomanyhatz wrote:If you want to defend yourself here, I'm all ears, and I'm not going anywhere. But keep in mind that making fun of one's posting style, or music taste, is perfectly fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I will also repeat what I've said in both places, ad infinitum - going on a message board does not entitle anyone to what I presume you're calling fair play. I will say the same to you as I say to anyone - if it's not serving you, go outside for air. (Which I think is the same as "when the fun stops, stop," but I'm open to debate about that if anyone feels differently.

Nothing to do with style or taste, but if you really want to know, I suggest you search for the two or three rebuttals that I posted over there before I was blocked. I really don't want to reopen old wounds.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 06 May 2020, 22:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:
fange wrote:This is a sad thread. Lock it up, throw away the key, and move on in your own ways, people.

Isn’t it? I bet Coan had NO IDEA when he started it that it would go this way and is simply shocked and staggered over yonder? Amirite?

As a famous philosopher once said, you may be wrong but you may be right, Min. I'm not blaming anyone or saying anyone was right - I just like talking music and crap with people i enjoy "being around", and for me that includes both places. Sadly, darkness fish continues to do the same, but i'm resigned to that now. Thats the internet and thats life. xo
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 May 2020, 23:21

GoogaMooga wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:If you want to defend yourself here, I'm all ears, and I'm not going anywhere. But keep in mind that making fun of one's posting style, or music taste, is perfectly fair game as far as I'm concerned.

I will also repeat what I've said in both places, ad infinitum - going on a message board does not entitle anyone to what I presume you're calling fair play. I will say the same to you as I say to anyone - if it's not serving you, go outside for air. (Which I think is the same as "when the fun stops, stop," but I'm open to debate about that if anyone feels differently.

Nothing to do with style or taste, but if you really want to know, I suggest you search for the two or three rebuttals that I posted over there before I was blocked. I really don't want to reopen old wounds.

Being that I'm not the one who brought it up, or decried your lack of ability to defend yourself I'm gonna pass, thanks.

But it sounds like you're saying it was once, early on, so basically there's been no repeated "character assassination." Which is why I said there was a seeming contradiction in the juxtaposition of the two posts.

Just offering you the opportunity to contradict that if you wish to. Which remains open.

And FWIW, I did go back a year in the conversation, and it's pretty varied, with a variety of (uncensored!) opinions, and I can assure you that you are barely brought up, and certainly not slandered in any way that I can interpret as such.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 May 2020, 23:22

I will add also that Fange is another that I'm greatly relieved continues to post in both places. It's one of the things that keeps me doing the same.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 07 May 2020, 01:55

toomanyhatz wrote:But it sounds like you're saying it was once, early on, so basically there's been no repeated "character assassination." Which is why I said there was a seeming contradiction in the juxtaposition of the two posts.

Just offering you the opportunity to contradict that if you wish to. Which remains open.

And FWIW, I did go back a year in the conversation, and it's pretty varied, with a variety of (uncensored!) opinions, and I can assure you that you are barely brought up, and certainly not slandered in any way that I can interpret as such.

Okay, I realize that I had no way of really knowing what went on after my blocking, so I will have to take back what I wrote about "repeated" character assassination if it could be read that way. I didn't write "repeated" in my post here, but never mind. It is enough that I suggested there could have been more of that. What went down right before my being blocked was nasty enough that I am relieved it stopped right there.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck