Strange foods that your pet likes to eat

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Strange foods that your pet likes to eat

Postby Flower » 30 Dec 2019, 12:18

I was eating a "cake" donut. The donut was in my hand and my cat, Deuce, came over and snatched half the donut (broke it off) from my hand. I was in shock as he wolfed down the donut. Not the best thing to eat but at least he didn't get sick from eating the donut.

After that, he would beg for a bit of muffin now and again. I would give him a tiny piece.

He would also bug me when I was eating melon, especially watermelon. I would give him a bit of melon juice, which he loved, and a few tiny pieces of melon.

Our other cats have/had no interest in baked goods or melons.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Flower

Re: Strange foods that your pet likes to eat

Postby Flower » 01 Jan 2020, 11:54

My dad likes green olive that are stuffed with pimentos. He would often place the plate on the floor next to his chair after eating some, we then noticed that our cat, Kirby, would go over and rub his face in the the remaining juice. It was like watching cats go after catnip. Kirby didn't eat olives or pimentos but enjoyed an olive juice face wash every now and again.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 03 Jan 2020, 12:34

This could come over as disconcerting to some, and they might prefer to look away soon. (I did wonder about writing it but it's important public information and raises awareness).......

...... there was one occasion when my Mother tripped up the brick and paving steps leading from the garden up into the house and very badly gashed her shin. I helped her indoors (and later got round to properly dressing the wound once the blood flow had been staunched) but to my horror 2 of her 3 tortoises had sensed that something was afoot and came steaming along at a rare old click (they can move fast when they want) to "clear up", shall we say, the blood which was all over the steps with indecent haste. One even clambered up (they can do that) the steps to get there apace.
It was a very shocking sight.

There's sometimes chat amongst the pet tortoise community as to whether they need their herbivore diet supplemented with some other sort of protein. A few endorse the odd spoon of canned dog food and others are totally against it saying their digestive systems couldn't cope. They recommend one researches the individual tortoise variety and their natural dietary needs.
Charlie O. wrote: Do you have to be high, or something?

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Jan 2020, 02:10

Whenever we ate potato chips, usually Lay's brand, our cat would bother us for one. He only wanted one (which we broke up into small pieces) and put to lie the old Lay's Potato Chip commercials in the States that no body can eat just one.