2019 Buh-Bye

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

2019 Buh-Bye

Postby Jimbo » 21 Dec 2019, 11:56

Well, it looks like we’ve somehow managed to survive another year of diabolical Putin-Nazi attacks on democracy.

It was touch-and-go there for a while, especially coming down the home stretch, what with Jeremy Corbyn’s desperate attempt to overthrow the UK government, construct a British version of Auschwitz, and start rounding up and mass-murdering the Jews.

That was certainly pretty scary … but then, the whole year was pretty scary... https://off-guardian.org/2019/12/19/201 ... -hysteria/

And this entire wrap up essay is utterly delicious ...

On a personal and non-political note this is the year I became a cripple. Last March I fell off my girly bicycle and smashed my pelvis. I spent three months in the hospital and in rehab and I still walk with a cane and a limp. Oh well. Found out how true my friends were from all their visits. And my wife, what a great friend. This is also the year, ironically, I got into the best physical shape of my life, daily doing a hundred push ups and a hundred sit ups. I quit vaping. Haven't been in a McDonald's in six months. I have to tell you, however, I'm this close to slipping off the health wagon and scarfing down a Big Mac and large fries. My shitty computer limped through another year. If I shut down iTunes and run only one window at a time it helps. BCB had its ups and downs as did I in my BCB life. I continue to be the only one on the board who believes this or that while there is a swath of internet fellows from whom I get my ideas, but are any of them on on BCB? Noooo. :lol: Scratching my head wondering surely my 2019 life has been more interesting than this but then maybe it hasn't. Anyway, happy new year everyone.
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Flower

Re: 2019 Buh-Bye

Postby Flower » 21 Dec 2019, 12:55

Wishing everyone here a very happy, healthy, prosperous New Year!

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Dec 2019, 14:35

Happy New Year, and Happy New Decade! Gotta say nineteen-twenties a lot now.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Dec 2019, 14:39

Colleen Moore personified the "flapper"
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Flower

Postby Flower » 31 Dec 2019, 17:42

Be safe!

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.