My sources vs. yours

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Re: My sources vs. yours

Postby Jimbo » 30 Nov 2019, 23:50

Another thing I hear from my bubble is all this blathering - almost in unison - about Julian Assange. Blah, blah blah, he's a political prisoner, tortured in prison, poor health, near death, exonerated from the rape charge by Sweden, not exonerated by the UK for jumping bail on a charge that no longer exists, all that relevant info about the conditions of one of the world's most eminent media figures/publishers/reporters and woe is us, the mainstream media is ignoring this.

But it's my fault for consuming the wrong media. Davey will read about how Obama is affecting the election and Hatz will get oatmeal recipe updates while this monstrous hypocrisy of pointing fingers at Russia for torturing journalists while the UK/US is doing it to Assange and Manning while our media is either ignoring or cheering on this behavior. Luckily I have Caitlin and co. to keep me 1. aware of the situation and 2. outraged. So mad I want to tell Donald Trump, "Cut it out."
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 01 Dec 2019, 04:54

Maybe that’s as good as we’re going to do - and I DO appreciate your willingness to consider my points.

But being as pretentious as I am - I’m gonna try for more. I submit that your fixation on Assange and Manning is all part and parcel of the same issue.

These people (along with your “sources” and Putin) are your tribe. You identify with them. You want us to accept them too, because you’ve wrapped up a large part of your identity in them.

Look - I don’t know what to believe about Assange and Manning. I’ve read all across the political spectrum on them, and what I’ve come away with is that neither you nor I has the perspective to truly parse the morality around their actions. That doesn’t mean that I’m neutral on either. I have my opinions on both. But I’m not married to those opinions because I recognize how fraught the pursuit of truth is in cases involving classified information.

I’m able to shift my position because I don’t tie my identity up in being right about something that I can’t possibly be sure about. I know plenty of perfectly rational and reasonable people who lean pretty heavily on the side of one or both of those guys. But the folks who yammer on and on about them and have zero doubts about their positions - I don’t trust those people.

You aren’t wrong to acknowledge that the government and the so-called mainstream media might very well have their own agendas on any given story. Now all you need to do is extend that same logic to Cenk, Caitlin, Glenn, Jimmy and Matt. They have an obvious motivation to manipulate you (in that none of them would have careers if they hadn’t identified a market for their brand of confirmation bias) - so perhaps they aren’t the best people to choose as your imaginary friends.
Last edited by Davey the Fat Boy on 01 Dec 2019, 16:15, edited 2 times in total.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 01 Dec 2019, 11:27

Davey the Fat Boy wrote: your imaginary friends.

:lol:

I am lonely.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Dec 2019, 17:24

Just added Naked Capitalism to my source list. https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/

Right up my jimbo I found an article and a documentary there which let's RUSSIA!!! off the hook for the MH17 crash.

John Helmer: MH17 Evidence Tampering Revealed by Malaysia – FBI Attempt To Seize Black Boxes; Dutch Cover-Up of Forged Telephone Tapes; Ukrainian Air Force Hid Radar Records; Crash Site Witness Testimony Misreported

A new documentary from Max van der Werff, the leading independent investigator of the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 disaster, has revealed breakthrough evidence of tampering and forging of prosecution materials; suppression of Ukrainian Air Force radar tapes; and lying by the Dutch, Ukrainian, US and Australian governments. An attempt by agents of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to take possession of the black boxes of the downed aircraft is also revealed by a Malaysian National Security Council official for the first time.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2019/07 ... itnes.html

(This is a teaser from the article. I am encouraging you to open the link and you know, read it. Below is the documentary on which much of the article is based. I am encouraging you to watch it.)

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 03 Dec 2019, 19:48

Glad your new “source” meets your preconditions. :roll:
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Dec 2019, 22:21

Jimbo, I trust you've Googled van der Werff and looked into how much credibility he has with people outside of your "sources?"

I'm not saying you should dismiss him based on it, I'm just saying you should thoroughly read every side and make up your own mind rather than give him credibility based on the credibility bestowed upon him by people you already agree with.

That's the problem with sources, and what I suspect Davey means by looking at the entire spectrum.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Dec 2019, 23:09

toomanyhatz wrote:Jimbo, I trust you've Googled van der Werff and looked into how much credibility he has with people outside of your "sources?"

I'm not saying you should dismiss him based on it, I'm just saying you should thoroughly read every side and make up your own mind rather than give him credibility based on the credibility bestowed upon him by people you already agree with.

That's the problem with sources, and what I suspect Davey means by looking at the entire spectrum.

Thanks Hatz,

I Googled and came upon a site which debunks the story I just bit into and the blogger promises to be fair. I will read on. His stated goal:

http://www.whathappenedtoflightmh17.com/about/

Find the truth and nothing but the truth.

The passengers and crew and their relatives deserve the truth.

I am unbiased and not stupid. I want to double check each and every statement. Discussions with people are great. Please use the comments if you like to be heard.

This is probably one of the very few websites unbiased about what could have happened to MH17.

I never expected when I started this website that three years later little is known and suspects are still not arrested. Even Ukraine and Russia are not officially accused.

Lets never forget!

PS Oddly (or not) the blogger does not add his/her name to articles which makes his bona fides hard to track.
Last edited by Jimbo on 04 Dec 2019, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 04 Dec 2019, 00:48