Trans issues

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Trans issues

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Nov 2019, 11:54

Darkness_Fish wrote:That's fine to say from the perspective of someone who isn't competing in elite female sport

:D

This would make a great sig!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Nov 2019, 12:00

Fonz wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I suspect that out of all the people who undergo these life changing, mentally and physically exhausting experiences, the ones who do so to get the occasional gold for the 400m hurdle is probably quite small to negligible.

That's fine to say from the perspective of someone who isn't competing in elite female sport (for the avoidance of doubt, I'd like to make it clear that I don't either, and don't intend to), but to dismiss the issue as negligble seems wrong to me. Biological males are winning titles in female sporting competitions, and that would appear to be a nonsense to me, whether that's the reason they self-identify as female or not.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/late ... tle-397473

Trans women goalkeepers have definite advantage.

Massive hands.

Hands like a bricklayer! There used to be an otherwise very elegant lady who ran a art deco knick-knacks shop in the Lanes in Brighton... Hands like a bricklayer though...

Anyway, I think what I have an issue with is when kids are encouraged to take drugs that postpone puberty or even to have surgery. That seems drastic to me. I think kids should be encouraged to wait until they are 18 . I'm sure there are some kids who could benefit from drugs or surgery earlier perhaps but I don't think that should be the norm.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Nov 2019, 12:44

Deebank wrote:
Anyway, I think what I have an issue with is when kids are encouraged to take drugs that postpone puberty or even to have surgery. That seems drastic to me. I think kids should be encouraged to wait until they are 18 . I'm sure there are some kids who could benefit from drugs or surgery earlier perhaps but I don't think that should be the norm.

I totally agree. I do believe that "family therapy" would be a great idea. I hope that children who feel lost in their own skin have someone to let out their feelings without judging them.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Robert

Postby Robert » 26 Nov 2019, 12:51

GoogaMooga wrote:I'm okay with most of it, but willfully having one's dick cut off, I think a lot of them regret it later. It's a very drastic step. Wouldn't it pretty much destroy the sex life? I must admit, I am completely ignorant about this surgery business.

Or sex life business, I'm assuming.

Robert

Postby Robert » 26 Nov 2019, 12:56

Darkness_Fish wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I suspect that out of all the people who undergo these life changing, mentally and physically exhausting experiences, the ones who do so to get the occasional gold for the 400m hurdle is probably quite small to negligible.

That's fine to say from the perspective of someone who isn't competing in elite female sport (for the avoidance of doubt, I'd like to make it clear that I don't either, and don't intend to), but to dismiss the issue as negligble seems wrong to me. Biological males are winning titles in female sporting competitions, and that would appear to be a nonsense to me, whether that's the reason they self-identify as female or not.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/late ... tle-397473

I do agree word for word with this but at the same time, bringing this up time and again is blurring the greater prespective on the issue.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 26 Nov 2019, 15:10

The sports take is an interesting one. Not really sure where I stand on the subject. can they test the athletes for a certain testosterone level?
Does that still make it fair?

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 26 Nov 2019, 15:44

This is one of those discussions where I realize that I don’t have enough standing for my opinions to be useful.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 16:05

Robert wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:I'm okay with most of it, but willfully having one's dick cut off, I think a lot of them regret it later. It's a very drastic step. Wouldn't it pretty much destroy the sex life? I must admit, I am completely ignorant about this surgery business.

Or sex life business, I'm assuming.

Assume all you want! :roll: So, clever clogs, explain to me how you get off if you lose the glans along with your penis. You obviously are well-read on this matter. Is it something to do with reconstructing a clit from the glans? No, really!
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Nov 2019, 16:13

*calls popcorn factory*

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 16:14

Sad that one can't even ask a perfectly reasonable question without being attacked.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Nov 2019, 16:26

GoogaMooga wrote:Sad that one can't even ask a perfectly reasonable question without being attacked.

Yes, I think that is roughly how they do it. However, there is a whole range of different interpretations of 'transgender'. One of the issues is that some transgender women who are phyically completely male are lobying for access to womens' spaces (womens' refuges etc) as well as the right to compete in womens' sports. because identifying is enough.

It all gets very "Why do you want to be Loretta Stan?" at times.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 16:31

Deebank wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:Sad that one can't even ask a perfectly reasonable question without being attacked.

Yes, I think that is roughly how they do it. However, there is a whole range of different interpretations of 'transgender'. One of the issues is that some transgender women who are phyically completely male are lobying for access to womens' spaces (womens' refuges etc) as well as the right to compete in womens' sports. because identifying is enough.

If you construct a clitoris from the glans, how are you going to have the nerve endings send signals to the brain. How do you make that connection, I would have thought it impossible.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Nov 2019, 16:37

GoogaMooga wrote:
Deebank wrote:

If you construct a clitoris from the glans, how are you going to have the nerve endings send signals to the brain. How do you make that connection, I would have thought it impossible.

No it's fairly easy. It works in a similar way to the inner workings of a grandfather clock, through a system of cogs and wheels.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 26 Nov 2019, 16:41

"Ninety years without stumbling..."
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 16:42

The Modernist wrote:
No it's fairly easy. It works in a similar way to the inner workings of a grandfather clock, through a system of cogs and wheels.

You are not addressing the issue, just hiding behind quips. How do you "reconnect" whatever is left of the glans after surgery.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 26 Nov 2019, 16:48

GoogaMooga wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

You are not addressing the issue, just hiding behind quips. How do you "reconnect" whatever is left of the glans after surgery.

Just use some glue.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 26 Nov 2019, 16:49

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:This is one of those discussions where I realize that I don’t have enough standing for my opinions to be useful.

That's never stopped you before.

:P

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 16:57

So, vague platitudes and stupid quips. No-one willing to come forward and address the crux of the matter.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 26 Nov 2019, 17:01

The Modernist wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Just use some glue.

Why not just tell me straightforward how you think you are going to have the same nerve connections after surgery.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Nov 2019, 17:16

Googa, google ‘neoclitoris’ and come back to us, if you’ll pardon the pun.

Dr Markus wrote: