rayge and preludin

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: rayge and preludin

Postby soundchaser » 25 Nov 2019, 09:43

Minnie the Minx wrote:I might have missed out on something as I don’t know soundchaser at all but what is the bins reference about?
I’m doubting it’s laughing at someone for working on the bins as that doesn’t sound like you Geraint unless something monumentally awful has happened.

Here's how it unfolded. Adam Cunt the aggressor, as always.

Copehead wrote:So who is everyone going to be voting for then?

pulls pin out and backs away quickly :)

A complete waste of time me voting, really, as I live in a Tory heartland.

But I will be voting Lib-Dem, as they have won here once since I’ve been eligible and Labour will definitely come third.

It won’t matter much to me personally, but it will do for my kids and grandkids. And you never know.

HEN wrote:
soundchaser wrote:But I will be voting Lib-Dem

DICK-head. pardon the pun.

empty those bins.

Powehi wrote:It sounds as if the poor lamb can't get his bins emptied either.

I think it’s some sort of an insult because I come from a working class background. But someone has to empty the bins, or we’d all be in a terrible mess. Why should it be degraded? Wasn’t my job, though. By being good parents, we’ve lifted three of our children into the middle classes and on top of that, high end wage earners, as well. They look after their Mum and Dad. I haven’t worked since 2008 and effectively retired when I was 50. My life style hasn’t changed and we outright own a £450,000 house in a desirable part of the country. No debts. No loans. Life is good. If Adam Cunt wants to think of me as a bin man, then let him.
Last edited by soundchaser on 25 Nov 2019, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 25 Nov 2019, 09:53

Why is Adam still allowed to post here?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 Nov 2019, 10:51

never/ever wrote:Why is Adam still allowed to post here?

It’s a good question and we have discussed it several times by PM.

Jethro did ban him before and all his attempts to re register.
We assume he’s here under this login because Coan gave him the username and password. ( I think that’s right)
My answer is that we don’t really have a tradition of banning people on BCB because we don’t like what they say or do.
Banning poser A because poster B demands it isn’t really the role of admin. Unlike some boards I would say we benefit from admin not ruling with an iron fist (or any kind of fist).
Ideally I’d pass it up to Jethro, as it’s his board, but…… if the general feeling is that he should be banned forever (under any alias) then let’s see how strong the feeling is.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 25 Nov 2019, 11:34

So John has banned him from his own board, Preludin, but given him access to an alias so he can post here. Nice.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Nov 2019, 11:34

soundchaser wrote:I think it’s some sort of an insult because I come from a working class background. But someone has to empty the bins, or we’d all be in a terrible mess. Why should it be degraded? Wasn’t my job, though. By being good parents, we’ve lifted three of our children into the middle classes and on top of that, high end wage earners, as well. They look after their Mum and Dad. I haven’t worked since 2008 and effectively retired when I was 50. My life style hasn’t changed and we outright own a £450,000 house in a desirable part of the country. No debts. No loans. Life is good. If Adam Cunt wants to think of me as a bin man, then let him.

Plus, you have a lovely wife and wonderful marriage. Kudos to you and your family, Some people can't be happy for others and the jealousy shows, that's their problem.

I grew up in the NYC area at a time when the unions were very strong. People would fight for the chance to "empty bins" and retire early to enjoy life. My dad always said that being a garbage man was one of the best jobs because you go home and are able to leave it all behind. We were taught to never look down our noses at anyone.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 25 Nov 2019, 12:37

Deebank wrote:So John has banned him from his own board, Preludin, but given him access to an alias so he can post here. Nice.

Not in that order and I think Ray must have banned him but basically the result is the same, yes!

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Nov 2019, 12:38

Flower wrote:
soundchaser wrote:I think it’s some sort of an insult because I come from a working class background. But someone has to empty the bins, or we’d all be in a terrible mess. Why should it be degraded? Wasn’t my job, though. By being good parents, we’ve lifted three of our children into the middle classes and on top of that, high end wage earners, as well. They look after their Mum and Dad. I haven’t worked since 2008 and effectively retired when I was 50. My life style hasn’t changed and we outright own a £450,000 house in a desirable part of the country. No debts. No loans. Life is good. If Adam Cunt wants to think of me as a bin man, then let him.

Plus, you have a lovely wife and wonderful marriage. Kudos to you and your family, Some people can't be happy for others and the jealousy shows, that's their problem.

I grew up in the NYC area at a time when the unions were very strong. People would fight for the chance to "empty bins" and retire early to enjoy life. My dad always said that being a garbage man was one of the best jobs because you go home and are able to leave it all behind. We were taught to never look down our noses at anyone.

And kudos to you. Your post is much appreciated.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 25 Nov 2019, 14:58

Darkness_Fish wrote:
soundchaser wrote:prog trolls

I bet they live under an insufferably long bridge.

Five Bridges most probably

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Nov 2019, 15:11

trans-chigley express wrote:

Nice.

;)

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Nov 2019, 15:36

Skope isn't banned from Preludin FWIW.

Hi Anna, it was just a light dig in response to Soundchaser deciding to have a pop at me out of the blue. I'm sure he can take it...or perhaps not!

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 25 Nov 2019, 16:00

trans-chigley express wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:
soundchaser wrote:prog trolls

I bet they live under an insufferably long bridge.

:lol: :lol:

Ray’s a dude with top notch ( or should that be top-notch ) gardening knowledge.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Nov 2019, 16:15

The Modernist wrote:Skope isn't banned from Preludin FWIW.

Hi Anna, it was just a light dig in response to Soundchaser deciding to have a pop at me out of the blue. I'm sure he can take it...or perhaps not!

I can (I might have been a little bit drunk at the time). My bins are always out on collection day, FWIW.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 25 Nov 2019, 16:54

soundchaser wrote:
The Modernist wrote:Skope isn't banned from Preludin FWIW.

I can (I might have been a little bit drunk at the time). My bins are always out on collection day, FWIW.
#

Well you're doing better than me. I missed them again this morning!

C
Robust

Postby C » 25 Nov 2019, 17:23

trans-chigley express wrote:Five Bridges most probably

Only a real prog goon (or One of Those People) would appreciate that!

:lol:
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 25 Nov 2019, 18:26

soundchaser wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
soundchaser wrote:not one of us.

Broad Church.

Fortunately, I don’t go to church. Ray started slinging the mud. Ask C if you need confirmation.

Gonna pass on that, thanks.

One thing that's enabled me to stay on pretty good terms with most everyone here is my insistence on using my own experience, rather than anyone else's, to judge someone by. If that ever changes, I'll let you know.*

*It's not gonna change.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 25 Nov 2019, 18:43

toomanyhatz wrote:
soundchaser wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Broad Church.

Fortunately, I don’t go to church. Ray started slinging the mud. Ask C if you need confirmation.

Gonna pass on that, thanks.

One thing that's enabled me to stay on pretty good terms with most everyone here is my insistence on using my own experience, rather than anyone else's, to judge someone by. If that ever changes, I'll let you know.*

*It's not gonna change.

Yeah, whatever.

C
Robust

Postby C » 25 Nov 2019, 19:05

Just for clarification [Apparently. I am banned so I can't 100% vouch for it's authenticity, but sent to me by a Mole-a-Whack]

All New BCB Gossip Thread:

The old one was getting unwieldy and attracting the attention of numpties who joined up to read it, and whom we have had to ban in a rather tedious game of interwebz Whack-a-Mole, so the Admins have decided to park the old thread in the secret room, where it will remain, possibly forever, although I suppose we could bring it out annually for an airing on preludin's birthday.
So carry on bitching, or merely gossiping, here if you like, but remember, although many preludin members have personal feuds going with some BCBers (and the Admins both hold up their hands to this), we are NOT at war with the board: Preludin was started to be a better, saner (by some definitions), less toxic place to write and read about music, visual arts, and whatever other stuff occurs to members, and bringing board meltdowns over here and issuing provocations are not particularly welcome. After all, the great majority of those here are members of both boards.
While we wouldn't want to compromise the, ahem, robust nature of many posters' styles, the Admins (well, me) reserve the right to delete posts in this thread and elsewhere that don't conform to this. After all, one of the problems with the other place, and one of the reasons why it is slowly going tits up, is that it is not actually adminned in this sense at all, and that the people who actually care about keeping it going and would like to make changes do not have any power to do so.
We have also decided to open up the general section for guests to read (only members will be able to post in General) because that's where quite a lot of the action is and the guest views of the front page make the place look moribund without it

Last edited by C on 25 Nov 2019, 19:11, edited 3 times in total.
Deebank wrote:

C
Robust

Postby C » 25 Nov 2019, 19:09

dp

Deebank wrote:

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Nov 2019, 19:25

BCB opens its eggs on the small end first. Predludiners are savages and open their eggs at the big end.
Let's have a war!!!
Last edited by Sneelock on 26 Nov 2019, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
"You know we have a world, right?" - President Donald J. TRUMP

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 25 Nov 2019, 19:29

just kidding. I don't want a war. I think both places are more or less the same.
"You know we have a world, right?" - President Donald J. TRUMP