TYT's Cenk Uygur for Congress!

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

TYT's Cenk Uygur for Congress!

Postby Jimbo » 15 Nov 2019, 22:59

The host and honcho of The Young Turks is officially running for congress.

I'm excited and I hope he wins. He was the ballsiest host MSNBC ever fired and mostly scratches my itch when doing his TYT thing. Good luck Cenk!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cenk-uyg ... 94d1fa3473
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Powehi

Re: TYT's Cenk Uygur for Congress!

Postby Powehi » 16 Nov 2019, 10:39

Crazy name, crazy guy!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Nov 2019, 21:59

Clever use of his own network. Anna interviews candidate Cenk.
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 17 Nov 2019, 22:59

You mean holocaust denier Cenk Uygur? That guy?

http://www.ora.tv/thelowdownwithlalo/ar ... n-genocide
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 17 Nov 2019, 23:50

He’s got some misogyny baggage too.
I remember the Justice Democrats made a stink a few years back about some old blog posts.
"Take THAT you hostile son of a bitch!!!!" - Dr. Sidney Schaffer

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 02:19

Clearly you two hadn't watched the video so what do you do? You ignorantly shoot your mouths off and talk shit. Both issues are addressed in the video and Cenk makes his case trying to minimize their sting when schmucks like you stupidly bring them up.

Very clever of you, Hatz to say he is a holocaust denier. Objectively, one holocaust is as horrible as the next but Cenk "denied" the Armenian holocaust. According to Cenk's words in the interview he was raised in a solidly Turkish family and that's is how they rolled but he has since seen the evidence and acknowledges the Armenian case.

As far as his "sexism" he addresses that, too and blames his inappropriate words on youth, and if you cared to listen he is more mocking himself and his inability to attract women than insulting women.

My main criticism of the man is/was his support of the Russia-gate narrative. That stance should thrill you Hillary supporters. Beyond that I see a really good man who will fight for progressive causes and is worthy of support.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 03:04

Yes, I'll admit I didn't watch the entire hour video of a guy I don't like listening to for five minutes, but I did forward to his weak-tea defense. Did you read the article?

Good on her for bringing it up, but where else outside of a response to his friend and colleague pointing out that it's bound to come up has he renounced his former views? He could have done so ages ago. But he loses the right to blame youthful naivete once he's in his 40s.

And please explain to me why it's OK for his friend and colleague to bring it up, but not "schmucks like [us]?"

Also,neither of us schmucks are Hillary supporters, even if she were running for office which currently she isn't. Want to go back through that very long orange thread and compare and contrast the amount of Trump apologia vs. Hillary apologia? I'll wait.

Schmuck.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 03:41

toomanyhatz wrote: And please explain to me why it's OK for his friend and colleague to bring it up, but not "schmucks like [us]?"

Point taken.

Nonetheless, it would be very good for California and America to have an energetic and super liberal guy like Cenk on the blue side of the house.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 04:05

And I'd personally rather have a liberal female replace the liberal female who was forced to resign for what would have barely raised an eyebrow had it happened to a (liberal or conservative) male, but to each his own...

Needless to say (or at least I hope it is) I'll take him over any Republican. But a victim of sexism being replaced by an (even long ago) purveyor of sexism is, to reuse a phrase, bad optics.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 05:27

toomanyhatz wrote:And I'd personally rather have a liberal female replace the liberal female who was forced to resign for what would have barely raised an eyebrow had it happened to a (liberal or conservative) male, but to each his own...

Needless to say (or at least I hope it is) I'll take him over any Republican. But a victim of sexism being replaced by an (even long ago) purveyor of sexism is, to reuse a phrase, bad optics.

And I thought "identity politics" was a right wing perpetrated myth. I hope there aren't many more like you out here but I think there are.

Just think, in Cenk you are getting a Turk, a rather swarthy one at that. Not too many of them in the House are there?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 05:53

Sorry, Jimbo - whatever your point is here, I'm apparently missing it.

I am not suggesting a woman out of tokenism. I am saying (former?) sexist Uygur is privileged based on his gender, and would be replacing someone who does not have that same privilege. Progressive though he may be, it would be nice to at least hear him acknowledge that the former holder of the position was blamed for being victimized by a man, and that if the same thing had happened to Uygur, the woman would also have been blamed.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Nov 2019, 15:51

Uygar is a moron.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 18 Nov 2019, 16:41

you know, I actually like an awful lot about him. while I think he's a little too firmly in the Jimbo camp right now he's worked up a certain amount of good will with me. Like most Dems, I like what Michelle Obama meant when she said "when they go low-we go high". it's a commendable point of view and rightfully earned her a lot of good will for saying it. on the other hand - guys like Cenk were calling Repubs out when they were being really goddam nasty and let's face it - standing up for themselves is not something the Dem establishment is very good at. when Bush and Cheney were lying about torture and such, Cenk reliably called them liars. somebody had to do it. I thought Cenk was going to kick Roger Stone's ass once. he didn't but I sure enjoyed thinking he might.

Another thing I like about him is that, unlike a lot of "lefty-media" people I find him very informed on foreign affairs. I'm not saying I always agree with his conclusions but most of the guys I read on foreign matters - especially the middle east - are older guys. I find his points of view often challenge my own. when I have the time for that - that can be worth doing.

my problem with him presently is neither here nor there. so I'll skip that for now. mainly, I think a candidate in California with a history of saying things he has said about women and the Armenian genocide is going to have a LOT of money and forces marshaled against him. the deciding factor will be his personality. He has a good personality for confrontational commentary but is this what people look for in Dem politicians? yeah, sometimes. Schiff springs to mind but remember, Schiff was pretty much a "Blue Dog" until TRUMP came along.

I think "wow, he's progressive, he'll be great" leaves a lot out. he's going to get a lot of stuff slung at him much of his own doing. it will entirely depend on how he composes himself and he seems pretty combative in those sorts of situations. will combative be seen as a winning quality? I guess we'll see.
"Take THAT you hostile son of a bitch!!!!" - Dr. Sidney Schaffer

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 17:21

Sneelock wrote:you know, I actually like an awful lot about him.

If only he had breasts.

Oh, wait. Do man boobs count? He's got 'em. A dark Turk with man boobs. He's checking more and more of my boxes.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 18:42

I'd feel better about Uygur if he'd at least acknowledge what happened to Katie Hill was wrong. Maybe he does in the video, again, I don't have patience for an hour of him.

A (particularly republican) man put in the same position would likely not have been pressured to resign.

It'd be nice for Jimbo to acknowledge it too, for that matter, rather than talking about breasts, but I'm also a realist.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Nov 2019, 21:05

OK, fine. I listened to all I could stand. He does say what happened to Hill was appalling (after she brought it up, of course), but he's careful to say that gender shouldn't be a determining factor, and seems rather oblivious to the fact that his testicles give him a built-in advantage. And brags about how much better he'd be for women's rights than a typical democrat female for good measure.

And of course, he can't stop yelling for more than five minutes, even in his own workplace. Doesn't exactly bode well for his effectiveness in congress.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 18 Nov 2019, 21:38

He has no good will with me at all. He’s an opportunist - riding the Jimbo’s of the world for attention and financial gain, while presenting the dumbest possible view of the political process.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 18 Nov 2019, 22:50

His name is pronounced Jenk Yu-ger.

https://www.cenk2020.com/

He's going to fight for you.

Whether it is reporting on politics on his online media company The Young Turks, co-founding Justice Democrats and electing true progressives to office or founding Wolf PAC, an organization dedicated to getting big money out of politics, Cenk Uygur has been committed to rooting out corruption in Washington, ending the influence of big money on our politicians and fighting for policies that improve the lives of every single American. Now he wants to bring that same fight to Congress for the people of California’s 25th district.

But we can't do it alone. Show your support for Cenk by contributing to our campaign today.