Max Blumenthal arrested

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Max Blumenthal arrested

Postby Jimbo » 31 Oct 2019, 04:12

Assange and his bogus charges. Now Max Blumenthal? Shit. Those of you who bang on about Putin's treatment of journalists can go jump in the nearest lake. This is America where we have FREEDOM OF THE PRESS. :lol:

Anybody read about this in the NYT or WAPO? Joke rags.

They’re not ignorant, they’re subservient.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/main ... fb6e329b64

You know some NSA computer latched onto this site because I typed out Max Blumenthal. Well, latch onto this NSA!

Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Jimbo

Re: Max Blumenthal arrested

Postby Jimbo » 31 Oct 2019, 11:25

Is it only the lying and murdering, blood soaked RT which is reporting on this esteemed journalist's arrest? Guess so.

... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 31 Oct 2019, 18:20

due what is your love of Putin your worse that Trumps love for the guy?
there is a difference between charges and killing your journalists.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 31 Oct 2019, 20:16

Jimbo wrote: Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal Max Blumenthal  

Hey Jimbo, here's a can of spray paint and there's a Men's room wall. go nuts.
sigh. Jimbo, Jimbo, Jimbo... even when I agree with you I think you have your head up your ass. or is it Caitlin Johnston's ass? it's getting hard to tell the difference. :p
what's happening to Max Blumenthal is absolutely disgraceful. Not only that it is happening but that it's not even remarked on. Democracy Now might be the only place I've heard about it other than the Nation or something like that.  there were a couple of instances back in March where many outlets reported on U.S. Journalists merely being detained in Venezuela.

what I don't get is how this proves Putin is better than us? In fact, I think RT being one of the only places to report on this is precisely because it's these extreme tactics. so, they can point at us as being as bad as them. worse than them since they don't spend much time covering themselves.
I think what's happening to Max (AND Assuagnge AND Manning) is BECAUSE we are being governed by people who think Putin's tactics are effective. this is slouching towards Authoritarianism and it sickens me that the press isn't standing up and saying so in a clear and professional way. it sickens me but it doesn't surprise me. I've spent the morning hearing Dems called "partisan" for having a hearing. not long ago they all took AOC to task for having the temerity of calling concentration camps "concentration camps". the noose is tightening but I see it as the same sort of noose that's been tightening in Russia and you see it as unrelated.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2019, 08:41

Good article. If you don't see the arrest of Blumenthal as another attack on press freedom, hell, freedom itself, then you'd better ... I don't know ... jump in a lake.

Arrest of Gov’t Critic and Journalist Max Blumenthal Signals Escalation in War on Alternative Media

The SWAT-style raid on the home of government critic and journalist Max Blumenthal signals a new level of escalation in the US government’s war on dissent.
by Alan Macleod

https://www.mintpressnews.com/arrest-jo ... ia/262637/

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Nov 2019, 12:16

If RT is the only place to show this news then RT it is.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2019, 00:20

Jimbo wrote: If you don't see the arrest of Blumenthal as another attack on press freedom, hell, freedom itself, then you'd better ... I don't know ... jump in a lake

IMO This is, without a doubt, the single strongest argument you’ve made on here in a very long time.
Have you tried jigsaw puzzles or stamp collecting?
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2019, 02:08

Sneelock wrote:
Jimbo wrote: If you don't see the arrest of Blumenthal as another attack on press freedom, hell, freedom itself, then you'd better ... I don't know ... jump in a lake

IMO This is, without a doubt, the single strongest argument you’ve made on here in a very long time.
Have you tried jigsaw puzzles or stamp collecting?

Why don't you get in your car, find a lake and just jump in it then.

Maybe you don't notice it from your preferred side of the media but from where I get my news, my sources, my podcasts, are being shut down before my eyes by iTunes. iTunes is da man. Sites like 21st Century Wire and Blumenthal's Moderate Rebels no longer download. They appear in my player but I get a ! blocking them from loading into my iPod. There seems to be an Al Gore-O-Rhythm that blocks sites where Syria or Venezuela are mentioned. Kim Iverson's and Jimmy Dore's You Tube videos are "demonitized" when they talk about Syria. Jimmy's iTunes show does download for now but I wouldn't be surprised if one day I get that ! mark. And Google and Yahoo searches push alternative views way to the back pages. They didn't used to.

I removed Yahoo News as my internet home page because it was so blatantly anti-Russia with an overwhelmingly number of anti-Russia stories but when I'd go to my alternative site to get my current way of thinking I'd read that Russia is not out enemy. Our enemy is US. But if you trust Yahoo News I can see why you are a fucking idiot.

And the New Youk Times. Snee, I see from your remarks that you are a subscriber, a paying subscriber and as a payer you feel obligated to get your money's worth by reading it as much as you can. The NYT is a mind warper. Great recipes and movie reviews but politically it's Bill's dick, a Clinton organ. Don't trust it.

Trust Max Blumenthal.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 03 Nov 2019, 02:52

All hail Jimbo & his all -seeing eye which can see into your very soul! :lol:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Nov 2019, 10:32