So, the upcoming UK election...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: So, the upcoming UK election...

Postby The Prof » 06 Nov 2019, 13:03

Deebank wrote:What is it they said about Rees-Mogg... A thick person's idea of what a clever person should be like?

Basically, only stupid people do what Firemen tell them to do.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Nov 2019, 13:52

The Prof wrote:Which bit are you referring to? The Grenfell Tower comments by Rees-Mogg and the other one? The doctoring of the Kier Starter video?
Johnson' comparison to Corbyn being Stallin?
Or is there more?

after all, it's only 10:30..

The Tory Welsh leader resigning for serious wrong doing in a rape case must surely be up there.

But their is something rather admirable in Johnson just standing up on his trotters and lying so brazenly- 40 hospitals being built when everyone knows it is just 6 being refurbished.

The man clearly doesn't give a shit because he knows their are enough deluded arseholes out there who will defend him for it. He has learny=t the lessons of trump well.

You don't need to have a majority, just a big enough minority.

the march of the arseholes is on!

Can the around a third of the population who would have someone they know is a nasty liar in charge because Jeremy Corbyn has a beard swing it for Liar Johnson?

Why don't we ask Toby why he feels comfortable voting for a man who seems to see Goebbels as a role model?
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 06 Nov 2019, 16:13

Add in James Cleverley get owned by Kay Burley when he refused to appear on her programme when only according to her 15 feet away. So she just empty chaired him. Never has a man's surname be so wrong.

but anyway Marxist, Maoist beardy.......Grampa etc
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 06 Nov 2019, 16:25

St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:Add in James Cleverley get owned by Kay Burley when he refused to appear on her programme when only according to her 15 feet away. So she just empty chaired him. Never has a man's surname be so wrong.

and it's 4:30 now. A bit more foot shooting by the end of the day won't go amiss.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 06 Nov 2019, 16:32

The Prof wrote:
St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:Add in James Cleverley get owned by Kay Burley when he refused to appear on her programme when only according to her 15 feet away. So she just empty chaired him. Never has a man's surname be so wrong.

and it's 4:30 now. A bit more foot shooting by the end of the day won't go amiss.

Yep, bring it on.

I doubt anyone's mind is being changed though.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 06 Nov 2019, 17:00

According to The Standard. The Tories were 17 points ahead last week and are now 7.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 06 Nov 2019, 20:50

The Prof wrote:According to The Standard. The Tories were 17 points ahead last week and are now 7.

What's the betting the polling companies start to change their methodology now we are in to an election period?

After all if Labour won and they were showing a 17 point Conservative lead their companies would go down the pan permanently.

Perhaps time to tack a little now

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 07 Nov 2019, 16:28

Copehead wrote:
The Prof wrote:According to The Standard. The Tories were 17 points ahead last week and are now 7.

What's the betting the polling companies start to change their methodology now we are in to an election period?

After all if Labour won and they were showing a 17 point Conservative lead their companies would go down the pan permanently.

Or it could just be that polls become more equal because it is the first time that many people have thought of politics since the last election and it concentrates minds

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 08 Nov 2019, 08:54

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 08 Nov 2019, 09:58

Copehead wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Or it could just be that polls become more equal because it is the first time that many people have thought of politics since the last election and it concentrates minds

Then again, those approached by the pollsters might just be spouting a load of old bollocks in an attempt to mess up polling companies' voting pattern projections.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Nov 2019, 10:11

I read that a hung parliament was odds-on in the bookies now.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 08 Nov 2019, 10:16

Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Then again, those approached by the pollsters might just be spouting a load of old bollocks in an attempt to mess up polling companies' voting pattern projections.

Statistical methods are designed to filter out such shenanigens so unless a large proportion of the sample are specifically trying to mess up the poll - for their own nefarious reasons - it would seem unlikely.

Of course there used to be a 'shy tory' factor that supposedly underestimated the tory vote, but at the last election it was Labour that was underestimated in opinion polls ... :?

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 08 Nov 2019, 11:39

This is .... interesting.

For more than one reason.

https://twitter.com/ManufacturingNI/status/1192564837345353728
Bugger off.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 08 Nov 2019, 12:25

Rorschach wrote:This is .... interesting.

For more than one reason.

https://twitter.com/ManufacturingNI/status/1192564837345353728

Oh goody!

Charades!

Is it A series of Unfortunate Events?

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 08 Nov 2019, 12:26

Sorry, just realized the sound was activated via the link and not on my PC

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » Yesterday, 11:35

Did you see film of Johnson at the Centotaph?

Probably not unless you have seen it online as there appears to be a TV news black out.

Johnson looked like he turned up pissed in the clothes he had slept in, blundered around getting his cues wrong and laid his wreath upside down before shambling off.

No imagine if that had been Corbyn and now try and imagine you live in a country with a functioning news broadcaster,

Edit* apparently the BBC have been using footage from 2017 when he was there as foreign secretary :lol:

Also the media have landed on a very apposite day to demand whether Corbyn would press the nuclear button and kill millions haven't they?

Nuclear weapons are a deterrent, they aren't a useable weapon in any circumstance that I can think of.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » Yesterday, 11:58

Our constituency - East Devon - MP, Hugo Swire (no prizes for guessing his party) is standing down. At the last election he won the seat, beating Independent Claire Wright by about 7,000 votes (roughly the combined total of Labour and Lib Dem votes here).

Ms Wright is relatively sound I would say - she's an ex-Green. I note though that her flyer didn't mention the B word at all. I suspect this is because she's a remainer and she doesn't want to put off any potential tory defectors. Swire was the kind of high handed patrician prick who rarely ever showed his face in the constituency so was far from popular. If The Brexit Party hoover up some tory votes she could be in with a shout. Seems a bit pointless voting Labour here. :cry:

Samoan

Postby Samoan » Yesterday, 12:18

Copehead wrote:Did you see film of Johnson at the Centotaph?

Probably not unless you have seen it online as there appears to be a TV news black out.

Johnson looked like he turned up pissed in the clothes he had slept in, blundered around getting his cues wrong and laid his wreath upside down before shambling off.

Yes, I did watch it live yesterday and there is No TV news black out of Sunday's proceedings as at this morning, as you can see.

The wreath was clearly laid poppy side up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-50366308/royal-family-and-political-leaders-gather-for-remembrance-sunday-at-cenotaph

Powehi

Postby Powehi » Yesterday, 12:53

Samoan wrote:
Copehead wrote:Did you see film of Johnson at the Centotaph?

Yes, I did watch it live yesterday and there is No TV news black out of Sunday's proceedings as at this morning, as you can see.

The wreath was clearly laid poppy side up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-50366308/royal-family-and-political-leaders-gather-for-remembrance-sunday-at-cenotaph

Typical Copehead! When stuck for something to say, just make something up as few on this thread will bother to call him out on his repeated lies.
Last edited by Powehi on 11 Nov 2019, 13:03, edited 2 times in total.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » Yesterday, 12:55

Farage's finally deciding to not go head to head with the Tories in the 300-odd seats they won last time out is clearly not great news for Jezza