So, the upcoming UK election...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: So, the upcoming UK election...

Postby Copehead » 28 Nov 2019, 23:16

Fuck me I got a Guardian pick.

I think I have only ever had about 3-4 of those since I joined years ago to bait creationists on an article about evolution.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 29 Nov 2019, 01:07

KeithPratt wrote:Of course, all Tories are bell-ends aren't they.

It's good to see political myopia still very much entrenched in BCB land.

And where did I say all Tories are bell-ends?

I was referring to current incumbent of No 10.

political myopia?

I'm not going to bother. As you'll just post some more of your condensing patronising usual nonsense about the natural ruling party or such like.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 29 Nov 2019, 07:14

Copehead wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Copehead wrote:Perhaps you are unaware that Dianne Abbot is a black lady, if so I withdraw the "race card", if you are aware of that it what you wrote looks pretty racist.

I suspect my politics are rather different to LR's but this is complete bollocks and you throw around the racist accusation far too easily and lightly. It shouldn't just be deployed as a tactic to win an argument or smear an opponent. There was nothing in LR's Abbot comment that was remotely suggestive of racism. She gets singled out by people because she's gaffe prone. Are you saying no black politician should ever be singled out for criticism? I'll bare that in mind the next time you talk about James Cleverly.

You don't think it strange that the first person he chose when he decided to ridicule a Labour politician for no apparent reason was their most prominent Black, Female MP?

Fair enough, I think it says something about the way he thinks, it may not be conscious but it is pretty obvious.

If I single out James Cleverly it will be for something he has said or done not just because he is a Black man.

Gosh, are you for real? :shock:

Reading on down the consecutive posts you made last night a thought came to mind.

I have seen you tell us in many posts over the years how very contented, and extremely wealthy you are. Deep down you know that’s a lie. Anyone who feels the need to keep telling others they are happy and wealthy are never both.

Promise me you’ll look after yourself.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2019, 16:32

What a freakishly unsettling election build up. I have to say, that after weeks of listening to election coverage on Radio 4, I concur with something that I have genuinely never noticed before - there is a distinct BBC bias. I have no time for Corbyn despite the fact that I would sooner grill my corneas than vote anything but Labour, but man, the language and perspective and emphasis is so skewed it is unreal.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2019, 16:47

Copehead wrote:So I think we can add misogyny to the things that you should check your behaviour for.

:lol:

There's only one person on this board who said that it didn't matter that his mate tried to forcefully kiss women in bars because he wasn't in a powerful job, and only one who when challenged called me "Millie Tant" and that "women like me gave feminism bad name." In fact, there was only one who got in such a twist trying to justify the things he said that he pretended to put me on ignore so he wouldn't have to talk about it anymore.

Think things through before you post them.

I await your usual "what's Minnie written? I have her on ignore" comment.

off you go.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Nov 2019, 16:51

Well, I never thought I'd see the day!

Note to Copehead.... Minnie the Minx says she agrees with you 100%.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Nov 2019, 16:56

:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Nov 2019, 22:36

He was shot dead by officers after members of the public restrained him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50610215

:?
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 30 Nov 2019, 18:45

The whole story is weird - a Polish chef attacked the man with a 5 foot walrus tusk he had grabbed from somewhere, plus one of the other people restraining him is a convicted murderer.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 30 Nov 2019, 18:57

KeithPratt wrote:The whole story is weird - a Polish chef attacked the man with a 5 foot walrus tusk he had grabbed from somewhere, plus one of the other people restraining him is a convicted murderer.

There’s Jimbo’s next five years of posts right there...

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 30 Nov 2019, 19:03

It was a fucking Narwhale horn!
Nothing strange about that.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 30 Nov 2019, 19:05

Jimbo wrote:
He was shot dead by officers after members of the public restrained him.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50610215

:?

At exactly the point they noticed he had a suicide vest on.
It’s all in film.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Nov 2019, 19:54

Did this incident have something to do with the GE?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 30 Nov 2019, 20:15

No, but I suspect it may have an impact of sorts on voting tendencies.

This is the first time I've really been affected by it if I'm honest. My wife is up in London Bridge quite a lot for work and we are planning to go there for our traditional Xmas visit just before Xmas eve. I don't want to get all "fucking terrorists" at all, but this guy was let out after already being sentenced for planning a previous one.

Whether he was a "terrorist" is open to question, but running amok with a knife and wearing what seemed to be a suicide vest doesn't help matters either.

Anyone who attempts to attack the state through terrorist means should get 25 years to Life full stop. If they are not a UK national, they should be deported, end of story, after their sentence.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Nov 2019, 21:27

25 years to life? Maybe. Shooting the bastards would always be preferable.

Corbyn would prefer to invite them round for a cuppa and a chat.

Johnson is a twat but the thought of that dangerous dangerous extreme leftie twat being PM is just too scary to contemplate.

Having to vote for the lesser of 2 evils is fucking ridiculous. How has it come to this?

I badly wanted to Remain but even if Corbyn campaigned outright to do so I still couldn’t vote for him because he would take the country down.

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 30 Nov 2019, 21:48

Lord Rother wrote:
Corbyn would prefer to invite them round for a cuppa and a chat.

absolute bollocks

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Nov 2019, 22:07

Yep, possibly. Just as so many statements on this thread are exaggerated to make a particular point.

St Jeemo the Humourless

Postby St Jeemo the Humourless » 30 Nov 2019, 22:38

I'm sure Corbyn never said "Fuck the Families" about the 7/7 victims, but Johnson did.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Nov 2019, 23:45

St Jeemo the Humourless wrote:I'm sure Corbyn never said "Fuck the Families" about the 7/7 victims, but Johnson did.

Yeah ok.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22795698

https://www.london.gov.uk/questions/2011/0975

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 01 Dec 2019, 09:36

Lord Rother wrote:
Did this incident have something to do with the GE?

With just 11 days to go, everything that happens from now on in will have something to do with the GE.

Johnson and his mates will doubtless spend the next few days pointing out Corbyn's piss-poor record on terrorism. They'll also be doing everything possible to distance themselves from what happened by blaming the knifeman's release on legislation passed by Gordon Brown's government back in 2008.

In yet another of his trademark you-don't-like-that?-try-this-policy changes, Corbyn is today giving a speech during which he'll try to transform himself from Dixon of Dock Green ("Come on, son, put down that suicide vest and follow me to the new Jerusalem I'm planning") to Dirty Harry ("Are you feeling lucky, Osama? Go ahead and make my day!")

What a fucking choice!

self-serving tosser who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the backside and a half-hearted old man who changes his mind and position every time he sees something happen that might win or lose him a few votes.