So, the upcoming UK election...

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Powehi

Re: So, the upcoming UK election...

Postby Powehi » 28 Nov 2019, 09:32

Copehead wrote:At least Corbyn is brave enough to go an be interviewed by the arch Tory Chairman of the group that owns the Spectator magazine. The general lack of crowing by the right wing press and BBC suggests that he held is own against Neil, no gotchas no nasty moments...

...Your endless justifications for why you are are going to vote for this piece of human excrement are one of the main reasons I hang around here more these days, top entertainment.

You couldn't make it up!

Copehead - as usual - just did.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 28 Nov 2019, 10:15

Lord Rother wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Oh well, if the twattersphere says it....

Meanwhile, in the real world I just watched the Neil / Corbyn interview.

What a fucking shambles. I’m sure Corbyn is probably a very intelligent man, with strong ideals and principles. But he is a million miles away from being a credible Prime Minister.

He is totally unable to think on his feet. His lack of ability to BS is almost charming (compared to Johnson whose default position is bluster and BS) but getting frustrated, sighing and rolling the eyes during a key interview has to be a turn-off for all but the most committed supporter.

If Johnson does not find time in his hectic schedule to sit with Andrew Neil it will certainly call into question his suitability as well, but I can’t see, whether he does it or not, that he could inflict as much damage on his party’s chances of winning the GE as Corbyn “achieved” last night.

Has Dianne Abbott been allowed out and in front of an interviewer yet?

Dianne Abbott the black woman from a poor background who made it to Cambridge? What have you achieved with your life? CSE in woodwork? Followed many years building up resentment for successful black women by the look of it?

At least Corbyn is brave enough to go an be interviewed by the arch Tory Chairman of the group that owns the Spectator magazine. The general lack of crowing by the right wing press and BBC suggests that he held is own against Neil, no gotchas no nasty moments.

Unlike Johnson.

How can this useless turd negotiate trade deals with Trump's USA if he isn't even brave enough to go and be interviewed by his old boss on the Spectator magazine?

Your endless justifications for why you are are going to vote for this piece of human excrement are one of the main reasons I hang around here more these days, top entertainment.

Mate, you are off the fucking scale! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Playing the race card there is pretty weird and suggests all is not well with you. Look after yourself.

And I think you must be confusing me with someone else - I haven’t given a single justification of why I might vote for Johnson in any of my posts - ever. In fact I have shown nothing but thinly veiled contempt for him.

And if you seriously think Corbyn held his own with Neil you have obviously not been brave enough to watch it. If you can pluck up the courage to do so please come back and give us your take on it.

Perhaps you are unaware that Dianne Abbot is a black lady, if so I withdraw the "race card", if you are aware of that it what you wrote looks pretty racist.

Or perhaps you are going to start spreading your insults around all politicians over time, we'll see.

Dianne Abbott gets more abuse than any other politician because she is high profile Black and female. So I think we can add misogyny to the things that you should check your behaviour for.

The fact that you singled her out for abuse says a lot about how your mind works.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 28 Nov 2019, 10:32

soundchaser wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Oh well, if the twattersphere says it....

Meanwhile, in the real world I just watched the Neil / Corbyn interview.

What a fucking shambles. I’m sure Corbyn is probably a very intelligent man, with strong ideals and principles. But he is a million miles away from being a credible Prime Minister.

He is totally unable to think on his feet. His lack of ability to BS is almost charming (compared to Johnson whose default position is bluster and BS) but getting frustrated, sighing and rolling the eyes during a key interview has to be a turn-off for all but the most committed supporter.

If Johnson does not find time in his hectic schedule to sit with Andrew Neil it will certainly call into question his suitability as well, but I can’t see, whether he does it or not, that he could inflict as much damage on his party’s chances of winning the GE as Corbyn “achieved” last night.

Has Dianne Abbott been allowed out and in front of an interviewer yet?

The sad thing is, Corbyn has been on this hiding to nothing since he became leader of the opposition.

I fear the worst for him.

The weird thing is people think that if Labour changed their leader then all this would go away; as if what happened to Ed Miliband and even Gordon "not massively left wing" Brown has been expunged from the history books.

It is about the message not the messenger; and the message from the elite and their media ( and I would now include the BBC news in that ) is that any deviation from right wing, neo-liberal politics is unacceptable and the further you stray from it the worse the abuse will get .

For Brown it was attacks on his mental health, for Miliband anti-semitic attacks on him and his father, and for Corbyn, weirdly considering what happened to Miliband, claims that both he and the Labour Party are anti-semitic despite the evidence showing they are not.

Actually for Corbyn the abuse is so full spectrum that it becomes comical he is everything that the Daily Mail finds unacceptable and anti-semitic, which it obviously does not find unacceptable as they lead the anti-semitic attacks on Ed Miliband's family.

If the Tories win a majority the next round of actions they undertake will be seat gerrymandering and voter suppression, because demographics are stacking against them. They have seen how a minority Republican Party cling to power in the US and they will copy that.

Anyone who supports them has lost their moral compass completely, you cannot vote for the modern Conservative Party and claim any attachment to personal morality anymore.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 28 Nov 2019, 11:00

Hancock in meltdown on Breakfast. Can’t do simple maths on Nurse numbers. Tries to lie by saying there will be 50,000 more by including 18,500 who already work for the NHS while trying to ignore there are already 40,000 nurse vacancies.

Here's a white man having trouble with maths in an interview Rother, fill your boots.

Here is the last chancellor making a £20 billion pound error in a radio interview

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/philip-hammond-hs2-cost-wrong-20bn-radio-interview-highspeed-railway-4-today-programme-election-2017-a7742006.html

But that's not worth your time when there is a black woman to ridicule.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-philip-hammond-skewered-bbc-10438641

Hammond's again, and he was the fucking CotE.

Andrew Mitchell boasted about the Tories raising the minimum wage but he couldn't remember from what to what.

But as a right wing white man not really a target you want to engage with when there are Black Ladies around to be ridiculed.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Nov 2019, 11:17

Honestly you are fucking nuts.

I can’t imagine what kind of warped mind you have to find racist undertones in the simple question “Has Dianne Abbott been allowed out and in front of an interviewer yet?”

I mean, seriously, your insinuations are discrediting to yourself, not me.

I like a bit of inoffensive banter, and with you at least I’m guaranteed a response (or several) but making up that sort of shit....?that’s pushing it a bit too far.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 Nov 2019, 11:29

Copehead wrote:Perhaps you are unaware that Dianne Abbot is a black lady, if so I withdraw the "race card", if you are aware of that it what you wrote looks pretty racist.

I suspect my politics are rather different to LR's but this is complete bollocks and you throw around the racist accusation far too easily and lightly. It shouldn't just be deployed as a tactic to win an argument or smear an opponent. There was nothing in LR's Abbot comment that was remotely suggestive of racism. She gets singled out by people because she's gaffe prone. Are you saying no black politician should ever be singled out for criticism? I'll bare that in mind the next time you talk about James Cleverly.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Nov 2019, 11:35

Thank you.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 28 Nov 2019, 14:00

Lord Rother wrote:
Honestly you are fucking nuts.

I can’t imagine what kind of warped mind you have to find racist undertones in the simple question “Has Dianne Abbott been allowed out and in front of an interviewer yet?”

I mean, seriously, your insinuations are discrediting to yourself, not me.

I like a bit of inoffensive banter, and with you at least I’m guaranteed a response (or several) but making up that sort of shit....?that’s pushing it a bit too far.

Making up shit and belittling other posters is Copey's entire schtick.

Unjustly tarring someone as being a racist to back up a poorly argued point is a reprehensible low even for him though.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 28 Nov 2019, 14:21

I would suggest anyone who has a problem with Diana Abbott's mastery of the figures should check out this gormless tool. The whole thing is fucking priceless but it gets really good from about 7 mins 49. Hat Mancock doesn't seem to understand simple maths... but I suspect he's being obtuse for political reasons ;)

It really is fucking unbelievable. How thick does he think we are FFS?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 28 Nov 2019, 15:04

It doesn't seem to matter.

Whatever Johnson says or does, no matter how vile it its.... 43% of the country think.. "This is the guy for me".

68 seat majority prediction. Depressing.

I need Copehead to give me some hope to cling on to.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 Nov 2019, 15:45

But you see how he puts people off..that's our situation in microcosm.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 28 Nov 2019, 15:50

I don't care about that. He's the guy for me.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 Nov 2019, 15:59

I meant Copehead!
Nikki Gradual wrote:

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 28 Nov 2019, 16:08

so did I!

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 28 Nov 2019, 16:19

:D
Nikki Gradual wrote:

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 28 Nov 2019, 16:22

2 weeks is a bloody long time in a GE Campaign, especially considering the sickening way they are conducted these days (both by the politicians and the media).

It feels like some crap Reality Show.

However hapless JC looks at the moment there is plenty of time for the Tories supposed lead to implode.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 28 Nov 2019, 16:30

Which is why they're keeping Boris Johnson away from an Andrew Neil grilling.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 28 Nov 2019, 16:50

The Prof wrote:It doesn't seem to matter.

Whatever Johnson says or does, no matter how vile it its.... 43% of the country think.. "This is the guy for me".

68 seat majority prediction. Depressing.

I need Copehead to give me some hope to cling on to.

There's very little hope John.
Maybe the Tories will make some almighty gaffe or get immersed in some scandal within the next 12 days. That's about the only thing that could see a non-Tory government. It's a very slim hope though.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 28 Nov 2019, 16:56

Makes me sick. I'm going to fill that Irish Passport application form in this time.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 28 Nov 2019, 17:10

The Prof wrote:Makes me sick. I'm going to fill that Irish Passport application form in this time.

Yep, we’re screwed. As will all the Brexiteers be when the reality shit hits the fan. That’s my view, anyway.