"Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53929
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

"Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby C » 13 Oct 2019, 10:40

A quote from the other place.

Apparently it is a more friendlier place to hang.

So, that said: identify yourselves six wankers.

Yes, identify yourselves!





.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

Powehi
Posts: 1157
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Powehi » 13 Oct 2019, 10:50

Assuming the six wankers they refer to are not Preludin posters who also try and recruit BCBers, I would assume they mean

1) C

2) Me!

Positive Passion
Posts: 1008
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Positive Passion » 13 Oct 2019, 10:55

Powehi wrote:Assuming the six wankers they refer to are not Preludin posters who also try and recruit BCBers, I would assume they mean

1) C

2) Me!


I don't think I would be included, but I can't tell whether to be more disappointed in being called a wanker, or not being considered one.

User avatar
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster
Posts: 8467
Joined: 20 Jun 2006, 10:55

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby soundchaser » 13 Oct 2019, 11:28

My invite to join the preludin boys must have got lost in the post, so i have to console myself with this:


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53929
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby C » 13 Oct 2019, 11:57

Positive Passion wrote:I don't think I would be included, but I can't tell whether to be more disappointed in being called a wanker, or not being considered one.


When you look at the folk that say such cruel things I would suggest the latter

Yes, the latter






.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53929
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby C » 13 Oct 2019, 11:59

soundchaser wrote:My invite to join the preludin boys must have got lost in the post, so i have to console myself with this:



Good old Simon House - the powerhouse!




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Purgatory Brite
Posts: 2714
Joined: 22 Feb 2015, 11:31

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Purgatory Brite » 13 Oct 2019, 12:58

What's the point on even commenting on those dullards? Calling someone "a wanker" is hardly even offensive these days.

I have to say that I'm quite amused by the logo used by their web hosting service ProBoards though.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 25987
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby GoogaMooga » 13 Oct 2019, 15:47

I like the sound of the word "wanker".
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30036
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Matt Wilson » 13 Oct 2019, 15:53

Yeah, I saw that too. Sneelock says he can 'hang' there easier than here. They also comment on how there's more 'dissent' over here.

I'm wondering if they realize that all the dissent comes from when John and Skope come here to start shit, that when left alone we don't really fight amongst ourselves?

Nah, that would constitute self awareness, and you know that's in short supply over there.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53929
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby C » 13 Oct 2019, 16:09

Matt Wilson wrote:I'm wondering if they realize that all the dissent comes from when John and Skope come here to start shit, that when left alone we don't really fight amongst ourselves?


Affirmative. That's the irony

Even the key henchmen, who think they're smart, don't get it....!

It really is quite laughable







.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6269
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Flower » 13 Oct 2019, 16:46

Purgatory Brite wrote:What's the point on even commenting on those dullards? Calling someone "a wanker" is hardly even offensive these days.

I have to say that I'm quite amused by the logo used by their web hosting service ProBoards though.


I agree PB.

I also find it ironic that the very ingredients that made this place a hostile stew are stewing over there and peppering this place with nonsense. Live and let live or at least .. leave and stay left.

That's not to say that people can't post on many forums but attacking people who don't post there or even mentioning people who won't or can't respond is just silly and a waste of time.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 53929
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby C » 13 Oct 2019, 17:06

Flower wrote:
Purgatory Brite wrote:What's the point on even commenting on those dullards? Calling someone "a wanker" is hardly even offensive these days.

I have to say that I'm quite amused by the logo used by their web hosting service ProBoards though.


I agree PB.

I also find it ironic that the very ingredients that made this place a hostile stew are stewing over there and peppering this place with nonsense. Live and let live or at least .. leave and stay left.

That's not to say that people can't post on many forums but attacking people who don't post there or even mentioning people who won't or can't respond is just silly and a waste of time.



C wrote:Affirmative. That's the irony

Even the key henchmen, who think they're smart, don't get it....!

It really is quite laughable


.




.
Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13593
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Sneelock » 14 Oct 2019, 01:06

Since when is it big news that John Coan calls somebody a wanker? :lol:
Everybody is entitled to an opinion - Mine is that the other place, on the whole, is much friendlier right now. Most of the bitching is in that one thread.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 30036
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Oct 2019, 02:08

Nobody is unfriendly here, the nasty ones have all gone to the other place. It's only when they come back to stir shit up and then laugh about it on "that thread" that there is unfriendliness. If you have examples of non-Preludin BCBers fighting amongst ourselves these days I'd like to see it.

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6269
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Flower » 14 Oct 2019, 02:12

I agree with Matt.

In fact, the other place seems to have unified this place to some degree, any unpleasantness here isn't internal.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13593
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Sneelock » 14 Oct 2019, 03:02

Like I said, everbody’s entitled to an opinion.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

User avatar
Jimbo
Posts: 16783
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 21:22

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Jimbo » 14 Oct 2019, 04:31

Sneelock wrote:Mine is that the other place, on the whole, is much friendlier right now.


Especially without me there to upset yours, Snarf's and Davey's Hilbot apple cart. But I've been thinking of visiting. Been thinking ...
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

User avatar
Sneelock
Posts: 13593
Joined: 19 Nov 2011, 23:56
Location: Lincoln Head City

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Sneelock » 14 Oct 2019, 07:00

Me and sloop are the only ones who talk much about American politics over there.
It’s downright cozy.
Minnie the Minx wrote:There’s no law that says you can’t have heroin AND bagels! It’s not either or!

Powehi
Posts: 1157
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:12

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Powehi » 14 Oct 2019, 09:39

Matt Wilson wrote:
Nobody is unfriendly here, the nasty ones have all gone to the other place.




Might have to give it a few more years....

User avatar
Flower
Posts: 6269
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 22:22
Location: Unlisted

Re: "Half a dozen wankers over there, none here"

Postby Flower » 14 Oct 2019, 13:11

Powehi wrote:
Matt Wilson wrote:
Nobody is unfriendly here, the nasty ones have all gone to the other place.




Might have to give it a few more years....


I'm sure that they have reservations, you know how hot that place can get.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.