What’s pissed you off today?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: What’s pissed you off today?

Postby Lord Rother » 15 Oct 2019, 06:38

Problem with car yesterday afternoon, sounded like brakes but I couldn’t be sure so as I have a daily commute of 45 miles it’s not something to piss about with and as I had a window of opportunity to call the RAC out when I would be sat in a car park in Eton for an hour or so I decided to do just that.

I logged the call at about 4pm and they said response time should be between 4.40 and 5pm. Ideal I thought.

Long story short, the RAC guy eventually showed up at 8.45pm...

8.45pm FFS.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 15 Oct 2019, 09:16

Flower wrote:
Blanche Hunt wrote:There's no Coronation Street today because of the wretched ITV Rugby coverage.

I hear you. I often go over to a friend's house on Sunday morning because she has a cable station the reruns the entire week of Coronation Street. I'm just starting to get interested.

Today, for various reasons, I'll have to skip General Hospital (I've become addicted .. again) and won't be able to watch it until tomorrow.

Gave up watching CR about a year and a half ago, its six-shows a week incarnatiob had moved so far away from the original twice weekly show as to be unrecognizable. If you get the chance, try and tune into one of the ITV channels where they show vintage episodes from the 70s and 80s.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 15 Oct 2019, 12:47

I had a 6pm class to teach and that meant leaving home at five to get there with time to spare. I went to the gym at 2pm thinking I'd stay there until four, four-thirty, go home, change and easily leave at five. So I was putting on my socks in the locker room around 4:45 and not worried about time when a gym staff member came to me and said my wife had called the gym and wants me to get home right away. I thought someone had died. I won't mention how dark my thoughts really became but I was freaked out. I live very nearby and in about five minutes I was home. No one was there. The phone rang. It was my darling wife. "You'd better hurry or you're going to be late." :x
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Oct 2019, 13:26

I have a missing cat and idiots will email me, not sightings or that she was found but that "she's coyote food, stop looking for her" or "she found another home, please stop posting" and when I respond that we will not stop looking as she's very loved and missed ,, I get these emails ...

YOU RUDE BITCH ,, DON'T BE RUDE PRICK..

STUPID BITCH THE FACTS ARE SHE'S GONE - GET ON SOME MEDS YOU DUMP CUNT.

PATHETIC STUPID POSTS LMAO GET REAL BIOCH .

I know that sickies troll Craigslist but I use it just in case someone doesn't see our flyers, Kijiji or Facebook posts. My responses to this idiot and the others is the truth, that the $1,000.00 reward is still offered and if they really know where she is, to surrender her to our vet or the vet of their choice and we will work it out there.

Anyone who berates a person who is grieving that their pet is lost is sick. If you have no compassion for a lost pet, don't take it out on a grieving person. I pity these idiiots in a way but know that karma will tag them.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 15 Oct 2019, 14:06

Flower wrote:I have a missing cat and idiots will email me, not sightings or that she was found but that "she's coyote food, stop looking for her" or "she found another home, please stop posting" and when I respond that we will not stop looking as she's very loved and missed ,, I get these emails ...

I know that sickies troll Craigslist but I use it just in case someone doesn't see our flyers, Kijiji or Facebook posts. My responses to this idiot and the others is the truth, that the $1,000.00 reward is still offered and if they really know where she is, to surrender her to our vet or the vet of their choice and we will work it out there.

Anyone who berates a person who is grieving that their pet is lost is sick. If you have no compassion for a lost pet, don't take it out on a grieving person. I pity these idiiots in a way but know that karma will tag them.

Awful enough having a pet die, but cannot imagine what it must be like when your dog or cat goes missing and you get trolled by fuckwits for doing nothing more than trying everything possible to try and get him/her back.

Hope she comes home soon.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Oct 2019, 14:25

Flower wrote:I have a missing cat and idiots will email me, not sightings or that she was found but that "she's coyote food, stop looking for her" or "she found another home, please stop posting" and when I respond that we will not stop looking as she's very loved and missed ,, I get these emails ...

That’s completely bizarre! How have all these people got your email?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Oct 2019, 15:35

On both Craigslist and Kijiji, when you respond to a post, you click on the link and it sends the message to the person's email. They don't see the email address but it is directed there. It is mostly on Craigslist that the mean and crazy comments are emailed. Someone told me that since the "personal" section has been eliminated, that people troll the entire Craigslist site to start mischief. I can't take the chance that someone who found or knows where our cat is, won't look on Craigslist, so there isn't anything to do. Karma will get the jerks. You don't know how many responses I get that tell me to look between my legs for my lost cat. SICK!

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 15 Oct 2019, 17:27

Flower wrote:On both Craigslist and Kijiji, when you respond to a post, you click on the link and it sends the message to the person's email. They don't see the email address but it is directed there. It is mostly on Craigslist that the mean and crazy comments are emailed. Someone told me that since the "personal" section has been eliminated, that people troll the entire Craigslist site to start mischief. I can't take the chance that someone who found or knows where our cat is, won't look on Craigslist, so there isn't anything to do. Karma will get the jerks. You don't know how many responses I get that tell me to look between my legs for my lost cat. SICK!

Oddly enough, I just switched on the TV and there was a story about a couple whose dog went missing for two months. From what the couple were saying on the TV, it seems there are still some nice people about...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/21/us/l ... okane.html

Fingers crossed your cat comes back.

Flower

Postby Flower » 15 Oct 2019, 18:31

Thanks.

There are still wonderful caring people with jerks peppered in, I am polite to the responses and remind them that there is a large reward, this seems to shut them up. Some people just want to upset others and I won't allow them to see if they do upset me .. I just post here. :)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Oct 2019, 05:14

Trying to live stream Hill TV after-debate coverage and the stalling and stuttering pissed me off. Thing is it's good at first with a few minutes of web streaming coming in as good as cable TV. But then it starts. So I reboot and it's good for a few minutes and then ... it. :x
... an essential element of this story being impossible, we cannot take seriously the other elements that are before us ... Thierry Meyssan

Flower

Postby Flower » 16 Oct 2019, 12:23

I loved the early morning T-storm but not in love with the forecast of rain all day. Too much that needs to get done. Oh well.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Oct 2019, 14:19

I was torn between putting this in the "woke film watching" thread and putting it here, but the irritation I felt after reading it sealed the deal for HERE.
I found this on Twitter- I'm not even on Twitter, but look at Baron's account sometimes - hard to know where to begin with this new-age summary of "The Shining" but I'll start by saying that the way these fucking tweets appear, in that all lower case poor/no grammar rules style and mumbled dismissively as if someone is spitting out something between mouthfuls of grain, catapults me into somewhere very dark and furious.

"the scariest thing in the shining is jack's barely contained disdain for wendy at all times. there is no moment of genuine affection btwn them. he resents her & thinks she's scheming & holding grudges, meanwhile she's the most supportive, passive and positive woman"

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Oct 2019, 14:20

AND IT ISN’T THE SCARIEST THING ANYWAY IS IT YOU TOOL

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Oct 2019, 14:28

In fact, I would pay good money I think, good, good money,
to house the author of that tweet in a deserted hotel away from civilisation, and put them on a little trike and film them as they zoom around the corridors encountering slaughtered twins and lifts vomiting blood, then have them sit down to dinner with Jack Nicholson who is a bit dismissive of the carrots and SEE WHAT SCARES THEM MOST

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Oct 2019, 18:48

The two books that I have on hold at the library, still aren't in and why some authors are so slow in writing/publishing. Too many of my favorite authors have slowed down or died. How dare they?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 Oct 2019, 14:33

Door-stepped by a Lib Dem called Tom.
soundchaser wrote: The actual song was pretty good, if you overlook the singing.

Flower

Postby Flower » 19 Oct 2019, 13:35

Being woken up by Zombie neighbors having a loud fight with their window open ...I'm sure that I wasn't the only one woken by them .. AGAIN. Also, he attempted to get on our Wifi again. He can't but keeps trying and it freezes my system until I kick him off.

Flower

Postby Flower » 22 Oct 2019, 11:50

Neighbors know that we have cameras, yet they continue to do various types of mischief to our property. Naturally, we report it all .. what dicks!

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Oct 2019, 11:33

The Chicago Blackhawks lost to the Vegas Golden Knights .. AND .. the New Orleans Pelicans lost to the Toronto Raptors. :(

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Oct 2019, 01:11