What’s pissed you off today?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: What’s pissed you off today?

Postby Flower » 06 Mar 2020, 16:57

Deleted due to chick bait of sorts. :)
Last edited by Flower on 06 Mar 2020, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Mar 2020, 17:04

Feathers in my soup. ;)
Last edited by Flower on 06 Mar 2020, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Mar 2020, 17:22

HEN wrote:
Flower wrote:Unfortunately he is but I've taken out a very large life insurance policy on his life. Can I entice you to take a plane over and help to activate that policy? :)

For sure! :D

Cool, I'll have to work out the arrangements and get back to you.

Flower

Postby Flower » 09 Mar 2020, 15:31

i heard on the radio that the world will end on April 29th. Daniel Silva's new book "The Order" isn't coming out until July 15th. I just can't win. :(

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Mar 2020, 06:29

Flower wrote:Feathers in my soup. ;)

The feathers may be coming from my new down vest which launches feather bits like a snowblower that blows feathers instead of snow ...

And I am pissed about it. :x
You don't have to be smart to see how fucked up this shit is. Jimmy Dore

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Mar 2020, 22:27

I't was impossible to purchase anything at the supermarket. Aisles of shelves were bare and the checkout lines were snaking around the store. I just needed some half & half and wanted some vegetables, baking potatoes and salad dressing that was on sale. I ended up picking up the half & half at the corner store, they sell it at the same price as the supermarket and will visit our local fruit stores tomorrow. The hoarding frenzy scares me.

I just learnt a few minutes ago that the libraries are now closed. Okay, I get it but a day's warning would've been nice as I could've picked up more books as I'm sure that others would've too.

Flower

Postby Flower » 26 Mar 2020, 12:19

This B/S ...

Disappearance of Robert Levinson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappear ... t_Levinson

Robert Alan Levinson (March 10, 1948 – date of death unknown) was an American former Drug Enforcement Administration and Federal Bureau of Investigation agent who disappeared mysteriously on March 9, 2007 in Kish Island, Iran while on a mission for the CIA. Levinson's family received $2.5 million annuity from the CIA in order to stop a lawsuit revealing details of his work in Iran and to forestall any revelation of details regarding the arrangement between Levinson and the agency.[3] He may have been held captive by the government of Iran.[4][5] On November 26, 2013, Levinson, if he was still alive, became the longest-held American in history, surpassing Terry A. Anderson.[6] According to his family, he suffered from type 1 diabetes, gout, and hypertension.[7] His passport has never shown up in any other country.[8] On March 25, 2020, Levinson's family announced his death, and although the date is unknown, it has been determined that he likely died while in Iranian custody.

U.S. officials believed Levinson had been arrested by Iranian intelligence officials to be interrogated and used as a bargaining chip in negotiations with Washington. But as every lead fizzled out and Iran repeatedly denied any involvement in his disappearance, many in the U.S. government believed Levinson was probably dead.[9] He was last seen alive in photographs from April 2011, wearing an orange jumpsuit and holding signs apparently asking for help in broken English.[10]

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Mar 2020, 11:06

Our neighbor who behaves as a "fish monger" sitting on her porch screaming her issues to the entire neighborhood, not caring that most of us are attempting to work from home and that no one cares. If she was posting here or on any venue that I read, I won't read a word that she posts. It is so easy to ignore the written word but not the scream talking. Nor do I care if her ex-husband did this or that or she was "looking at some woman's vagina" .. etc.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 03 Apr 2020, 14:31

People spitting in the street

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Apr 2020, 21:09

People shopping the way that they drive, going the wrong way down one way lanes. The supermarkets here have clearly marked the lanes with arrows and signs on the end to either enter or not enter. One way supermarket lanes does make sense. Going the wrong way, doesn't make sense.

I'm tired of hearing about our great supply chain when so many supermarket shelves are bare.

I spoke to one my cousins in California (Hidden Hills/Calabasas) and he's told me that Target, supermarkets and all stores have fully stocked shelves. I am jealous which isn't a common emotion for me to embrace.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Apr 2020, 22:46

Flower wrote:
I spoke to one my cousins in California (Hidden Hills/Calabasas) and he's told me that Target, supermarkets and all stores have fully stocked shelves. I am jealous which isn't a common emotion for me to embrace.

That's pretty close to us! Not that close, but between us and LA and maybe 20 miles away.

I'm be very surprised if that includes paper products. Maybe if they go in the morning...
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:This bullshit is horseshit.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2021? 2022?

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Apr 2020, 23:00

I believe that most of us go in the morning .. :D

Sorry, being silly.

When I mentioned that I've been seeing a lot of "off" brands here, my cousin told me that the Target near him has all the regular brands of paper products. It might be timing, our local store had lots of Sponge Towels yesterday (which my husband didn't pick up for a stupid reason) but when I went this morning, they were sold out.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 03 May 2020, 19:33

At my rather small/local wine store, there are three aisles. They allow three customers at a time and you have to use a cart, follow the arrows, keep your distance, etc, etc. The other day, I got stuck behind some f*****g inconsiderate idiot. She stops in the white wine alley and sees an attendant. "Hello, can you give me some advice on wine, there's so much choice..." My shopping is done, but I can't get past her, there's not enough space. The attendant who knows me well sees the situation - there are 100 people outside, waiting. I'm done, just waiting to get past. The one open cashier is clear, one customer behind me, also done and waiting to get past.

The attendant points out that the, ahem, idiot, could simply move her cart to the side, and let us through, so that we can get out and let others inside. Took another 5 minutes for her to comprehend. Finally, she does. I'm out in 30 seconds.

I don't think they should be selling wine to people like that. :roll: :evil:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Flower

Postby Flower » 04 May 2020, 13:56

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 04 May 2020, 14:42

souphound wrote:At my rather small/local wine store, there are three aisles. They allow three customers at a time and you have to use a cart, follow the arrows, keep your distance, etc, etc. The other day, I got stuck behind some f*****g inconsiderate idiot. She stops in the white wine alley and sees an attendant. "Hello, can you give me some advice on wine, there's so much choice..." My shopping is done, but I can't get past her, there's not enough space. The attendant who knows me well sees the situation - there are 100 people outside, waiting. I'm done, just waiting to get past. The one open cashier is clear, one customer behind me, also done and waiting to get past.

The attendant points out that the, ahem, idiot, could simply move her cart to the side, and let us through, so that we can get out and let others inside. Took another 5 minutes for her to comprehend. Finally, she does. I'm out in 30 seconds.

I don't think they should be selling wine to people like that. :roll: :evil:

My local beer store is just a tiny hole-in-the-wall shop and they've only been letting one customer in at a time. You go in, place your order, one of the staff grabs it for you, you pay and leave. It's a simple setup and it works quite well, unless you're the type of guy I saw there once, who, when asked what he wanted, replied "Um, what do you have?", to which the employee responded "beer". I think he walked out with 6 Dos Equis after wasting too much of everybody's time.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 May 2020, 18:03

Nothing .... so far. :D

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 14 May 2020, 18:34

Not pissed off at all actually. Of course, I am just out of a 20-minute nearly boiling hot water shower-massage. I'm zen.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 May 2020, 19:03

My favorite wine shop in Berkeley is not open to the public but are offering free shipping if you spend $125 or more. It's not hard to do, especially if you are buying six or twelve bottles. I'm loving it. No lines, I can order from the comfort of my couch and I'm giving my money to a local business.

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 May 2020, 17:13

How people can be so stupid is amazing.

There will be 'lessons learned' from situation at Trinity Bellwoods Park, Toronto mayor says

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/there-will-b ... -1.4952973

TORONTO -- Toronto Mayor John Tory says there will be “lessons learned” from the incident that unfolded on Saturday at Trinity Bellwoods Park, where he says “out of control” crowds gathered to party and enjoy the sunshine.

Toronto police estimated that as many as 10,000 people were at the downtown park on Saturday afternoon, where many gathered in large groups and drank alcohol as police and bylaw officers looked on.

Police Chief Mark Saunders said Sunday that while several tickets were issued to people who urinated and defecated in the driveways and backyards of nearby homes, very few tickets were issued to the large swath of people ignoring physical distancing laws.