What’s pissed you off today?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Robert

Re: What’s pissed you off today?

Postby Robert » 06 Oct 2019, 17:53

Powehi wrote:
Fonz wrote:It’s the idea that GM gets uniquely singled-out that I was contesting. Though he gets name-checked occasionally it’s no more than MW, DD, Fuery, or the Prog contingent etc

Tends to be relatively good-humoured as well, in contrast to some of the petty nastiness that abounded here on bcb.

Best wishes

Sorry, F, obviously you must have missed my earlier post where I made a couple of perfectly polite requests that you try and explain concerns that you keep attempting to laugh off as "good humoured" joshing.

Namely, why:

1) ...the hugely contentious area of P where BCBers like Googs, Matt W, DD and myself were/are routinely traduced was swiftly removed from the forum's publicly viewable front page to a members-only area inside the site? I know the area exists, I saw it and some of the stuff that was written about me before it became verboten.

2) You don't simply prove what you are claiming by taking screen grabs of the relevant area of P and posting them here*?

* Feel free to remove any material about me. Or not. I don't give a toss either wa
y

Was it or has it never been public? The area you refer to btw is just called ‘general’ and not very different from nextdoorland.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 06 Oct 2019, 18:00

Robert wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Fonz wrote:It’s the idea that GM gets uniquely singled-out that I was contesting. Though he gets name-checked occasionally it’s no more than MW, DD, Fuery, or the Prog contingent etc

Tends to be relatively good-humoured as well, in contrast to some of the petty nastiness that abounded here on bcb.

Best wishes

Sorry, F, obviously you must have missed my earlier post where I made a couple of perfectly polite requests that you try and explain concerns that you keep attempting to laugh off as "good humoured" joshing.

Namely, why:

1) ...the hugely contentious area of P where BCBers like Googs, Matt W, DD and myself were/are routinely traduced was swiftly removed from the forum's publicly viewable front page to a members-only area inside the site? I know the area exists, I saw it and some of the stuff that was written about me before it became verboten.

2) You don't simply prove what you are claiming by taking screen grabs of the relevant area of P and posting them here*?

* Feel free to remove any material about me. Or not. I don't give a toss either wa
y

Was it or has it never been public? The area you refer to btw is just called ‘general’ and not very different from nextdoorland.

No it was on plain view for all to see for a few weeks until Coan realized that anyone he and his mates were attacking could see what was being written about them.

If the sub-forum is as innocuous as you and F claim, why not simply make it publicly viewable by all - as is the case with NDL?

Flower

Postby Flower » 06 Oct 2019, 18:01

An Amlogic Mbox phone that calls itself Q200 with the MAC number 44:2c:05:8f:d8:d3 keeps attempting to get onto our wifi signal. It will never happen but my computer freezes when these attempts happen and it shows on our network. I've heard the phone's owner deny this but how would I know the MAC number and all else?
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Fonz

Postby Fonz » 06 Oct 2019, 18:07

Powehi wrote:

Best wishes

Namely, why:

y

I’m not denying the existence of posts calling half of BCB a bunch of ... well, choose an insult that suits.
What I AM saying, for GM’s benefit, is that the focus of Preludin’s ire is not solely him. It’s evenly spread around a fair group of BCB posters.

I resent MW’s assertion that what I have posted is a crock. I have posted with integrity, and don’t have any axes to grind. Quite how I’m supposed to post a screenshot To provide evidence eludes me.
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."

Robert

Postby Robert » 06 Oct 2019, 18:24

Powehi wrote:
Robert wrote:
Powehi wrote:

Namely, why:

y

No it was on plain view for all to see for a few weeks until Coan realized that anyone he and his mates were attacking could see what was being written about them.

If the sub-forum is as innocuous as you and F claim, why not simply make it publicly viewable by all - as is the case with NDL?

Ok, maybe you’re right but I don’t know other than that I have to log in to see the general section.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 06 Oct 2019, 19:03

Fonz wrote:
Quite how I’m supposed to post a screenshot To provide evidence eludes me.

Click the window that you want to copy.
Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN.
Paste (CTRL+V) the image into an Office program or other application.

Apologies for going all Jeremy Paxman on you...

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Oct 2019, 21:43

Actually this pisses me off almost everyday but it did indeed piss me off again today and I came this close from doing something stupid in response.

A couple of years back we redid our kitchen and the new cabinet above the sink is too low for me. When I wash dishes I always, at least once, bang my head on the handle. My wife is short. She has no beef with the cabinet. Anyway, when I bang my head I get angry. I can't help it. The head bang triggers this sudden Hulk-like eruption of rage. So far my wife is lucky I haven't ripped the cabinet from the wall. I almost did tonight but instead I slammed the cutting board against the sink, making a loud noise and nearly breaking the cutting board and/or cracking the sink. Ooh, would she have been pissed.
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Six String

Postby Six String » 10 Oct 2019, 00:16

We were scoping out dinner choices in Williams AZ on Route 66 and there was an Italian restaurant that looked promising until we found out that they only served Arizona wines and they were $10-12 a glass or $36-45 a bottle. Plus the license doesn't allow us to bring our own. Then we read reviews on the food that didn't give me any confidence either. I usually don't pay a lot of attention to online reviews but there were too many to ignore. It would have been over $50 for a pizza and two glasses of wine and a high risk it would all be less than appetizing.
Fuck that!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Oct 2019, 01:36

Six String wrote:We were scoping out dinner choices in Williams AZ on Route 66 and there was an Italian restaurant that looked promising until we found out that they only served Arizona wines and they were $10-12 a glass or $36-45 a bottle. Plus the license doesn't allow us to bring our own. Then we read reviews on the food that didn't give me any confidence either. I usually don't pay a lot of attention to online reviews but there were too many to ignore. It would have been over $50 for a pizza and two glasses of wine and a high risk it would all be less than appetizing.
Fuck that!

And then you are supposed to tip according to how much you pay for dinner. THAT would have pissed me off.
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Oct 2019, 22:27

A change machine eating my five dollar bill without giving me change and the owner of place not being around. :o

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 10 Oct 2019, 23:17

My neighbour’s wind chimes. If it gets much windier, I shall go round and deliver my own version of an ASBO.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 10 Oct 2019, 23:31

My wife told me the boss in her office adjusted the window blind just so the light hit her dead in the eye. Being Japanese she couldn't go, "Hey, Bert. Could ya? Ya know. *squints while miming blind twirling motion*." Instead she stuck a post-it to the side of her glasses to act as a shade. Her boss noticed this and asked what was up with the post-it. She said it was a little too bright in the room and immediately he readjusted the blind.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Oct 2019, 06:53

Can’t Japanese people squint?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 11 Oct 2019, 08:46

Lord Rother wrote:Can’t Japanese people squint?

While it may sound racist, as a matter of fact, they can't. Well, actually they can but it hurts. Nor can they do the friendly wink, not without some pain.

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Oct 2019, 11:39

Lies in general, stupidity as a whole, ignorance .... nothing new but sad none the less.

Flower

Postby Flower » 12 Oct 2019, 13:50

Being woken up .. .once again but the scream talking, narcissistic, nit head, piece of sh*t, next door.

If she wasn't forever scream talking .. no one would know about her doomed love life, head lice and multiple issues. Mommy, who was known as PAINO Looney Toons gave her the house because Nit Head was dumped by some loser.

None of this is any of my business .. I don't want to know it but Nit Head keeps screaming her issues as well as slamming doors and blowing her smoke onto my porch to the point where I can't open a window.. the sick one is upset when I use air spray to clean the stink off my porch.

Vent over.

P.S. I was talking to my cat, who is know as Runt the Wild Pony, when she does zoomies all over the house and nit head was eavesdropping and started to scream that I was calling her a c*nt. I had to tell her that I didn't say her name and to stop eavesdropping.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 12 Oct 2019, 14:43

My prostate. It is a good day bad day kind of condition but today I'd kill a puppy for a good pee.

Flower

Postby Flower » 12 Oct 2019, 17:33

Jimbo wrote:My prostate. It is a good day bad day kind of condition but today I'd kill a puppy for a good pee.

Please don't kill a puppy. You can kill my neighbors .. oops what if something happens to them? Never mind .. think of foul things to kill.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 12 Oct 2019, 21:20

Tui cancelling our whole holiday because our flights which they booke were with Thomas Cook. Even although there are flights from Glasgow on the same date with a different airline.

They just dont seem to want any hassle of rebooking anything. Would rather you take a refund in the hope that you book something else with them. Which are now at higher prices of course.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

C
Robust

Postby C » 12 Oct 2019, 22:26

Jimbo wrote:My prostate.

Get it checked out my dear friend

Get it checked out

Deebank wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:Bring back the tits!

They've got their own forum now.