Trump
90%
Footy
No votes

Total votes: 10

Jimbo

Ukraine-gate

Postby Jimbo » 01 Oct 2019, 15:06

Naturally Biden's behavior is worse because he is a Democrat. He is supposed to be one of the good guys. Trump is a lout but I can't see what terrible thing he did here. Certainly what he did is no threat to US security as the Dems are charging.
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: Ukraine-gate

Postby The Prof » 01 Oct 2019, 15:44

Withholding agreed funding in order to get 'dirt' on a political rival.

Flower

Postby Flower » 01 Oct 2019, 15:45

Things are still developing. I've made it no secret that Trump isn't fit to run for dog catcher, at least in my eyes but look at what you are saying about the Democrats supposing to be the "good guys" .. it leaves the door open to saying that the Republicans are supposed to be the "bad guys" .. I don't know what's going to happen or what should happen.

I know what I'd like to see happen.

This is the end to any political discussion for me. I've learned in the past that it's best that I don't get into these threads but had two cents to spend.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2019, 16:39

Rich guys in government having kids getting big jobs in industry is a problem. Good, Old, Middle-Class Joe could be answering a lot more direct questions about wtf Hunter was doing in that job in the first place instead of wiggling around it. This will surely affect the moral ground he claims for himself - no doubt about it.

is this worse than mis-characterizing every aspect of the arrangement? worse than painting a corrupt official as a noble one? worse than lying about every goddam aspect of the phone call including releasing a "complete" transcript that was nothing of the sort? worse than having a 24 hour cable channel characterizing Pompeo's subpoena as a political inconvenience? worse than threatening "civil war" and calling congressional reps "traitors"??

not. even. close. Holy Fuck, man. this is "Authoritarianism 101" Hunter Biden is endemic of a long standing problem I'd like to see addressed. it is NOT going to be addressed by the guy whose daughter doesn't need to pay Chinese tariffs for her products made in China that are regularly singled out for bad labor practices.

TRUMP is the worst goddam hooligan we've ever had calling the shots from the White House. All other hooligans pale in comparison.
"well, if THIS isn't nice, I don't know what is!" KVJ

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2019, 17:35

Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 01 Oct 2019, 18:04

I’ve still got Jimbo on ignore. Relative to his usual, how dumb is the original post here?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2019, 18:10

oh, you know, very informative in a reverse barometer sort of way.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Oct 2019, 18:12

I know it's from the Fake News NY Times, but this seems pretty dang credible:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/opin ... lican.html
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2019?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2019, 18:20

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I’ve still got Jimbo on ignore. Relative to his usual, how dumb is the original post here?

Eh. I've seen dumber. Biden's crooked, Trump isn't as bad. Off-base contrarian relativism. Nothing to write to grandma about.

He hasn't gone the Full Giuliani yet. YET.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 01 Oct 2019, 18:27

To quote the article I posted:

But even if you’re not inclined to empathize with Biden — even if you assume the worst about him — Trump’s conspiracy theory makes no sense. To believe it, you’d have to first believe that the foreign affairs apparatus of the Obama administration was willing to put its credibility on the line in service of the black sheep of the Biden family. After all, Joe Biden wasn’t freelancing in Ukraine; he was carrying out White House policy.

Umm...

Raise your hand if you think this is exactly the kind of thing ol' Jimbo is inclined to believe. :roll:
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2019?

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2019, 18:40

Vox is just ON the conspiracy theory beat today:

https://www.vox.com/world/2019/9/30/208 ... conspiracy

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2019, 18:57

yesterday all FOX News wanted to talk about was that letter from the Australian government which they seem to think is some sort of silver bullet that protects TRUMP and company from everything.

today they are talking a lot about subpoenas and how they don't really mean anything.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 01 Oct 2019, 19:23

Both Trump and Biden should both be thrown out of service and not be able to run for president. They are both guilty and I'm sick of this crap in USA politics. Both have kids making money of of their fame and I'm not sure either is doing it legally.

Secondly, as I've said all along Trump is a mod like thug. These calls to foreign powers to get dirt is abuse of power.
Not only do I want both out but we need to write some new rules are being president.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2019, 19:41

Sneelock wrote:Rich guys in government having kids getting big jobs in industry is a problem. Good, Old, Middle-Class Joe could be answering a lot more direct questions about wtf Hunter was doing in that job in the first place instead of wiggling around it. This will surely affect the moral ground he claims for himself - no doubt about it.

Sure, it ain't great but (as you noted) there are several degrees of difference between "unseemly" and "fucking criminal."

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2019, 19:44

yup.
Hightea wrote: we need to write some new rules are being president.

I guess we need to add something about having a fundamental understanding of the job.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 01 Oct 2019, 21:51

Commie.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 01 Oct 2019, 22:21

Oh, how deluded you Hillary-bots remain. No matter what color lipstick Michelle Goldberg puts on the pig, the Obama-Biden-Clinton White House was the driver of the coup in the Ukraine and once we got our guy in that is when Biden Jr. got that sweetheart job. The elephant standing next to Hunter Biden is that coup which was a large part of the overall plan to encircle Russia with NATO forces. Ukraine got us that much closer. Now, to deflect on that blatantly militaristic and illegal move the Dems created Russia-gate. "Coup? What coup? The Russians are interfering with our democracy!" That Vox piece bulldozes through the idea that Russia-gate is dead and lost and says while Trump thinks Ukraine is the key to something, no, it was, is and will remain Russia! Russia! Russia!
Sad.

All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Oct 2019, 23:58

yeah, you sure are.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Oct 2019, 00:01

Sneelock wrote:yeah, you sure are.

C'mon, Snee. I nailed it in that post and I feel great! :D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Oct 2019, 00:03

(Sneelock eats Beef Jerky and rolls his eyes while Jimbo imagines himself dancing in the End-Zone with Jimmy Dore)