Five Questions about CRIME

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Five Questions about CRIME

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Sep 2019, 14:23

Have you ever been burgled? What was it like?

Have you ever burgled anyone, you naughty thing?

Do you think you would cope well in prison for any length of time?

What kind of ‘on the run’ fugitive would you be?

What do you shout at the cops before they shoot your criminal brains out in a four hour street battle?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Sneelock

Re: Five Questions about CRIME

Postby Sneelock » 27 Sep 2019, 15:52

Minnie the Minx wrote:Have you ever been burgled? What was it like?

it's like being in a car accident. whatever you were doing just evaporates. the denial knows that it is useless but it is persistent. it takes a while to accept the change that has taken place - the stuff you don't have - the things you wont be doing any time soon.

not really. teenage"vandalism" only. didn't take anything. I'm glad. I feel bad enough about it as it is.

ha! that's a good one!

the kind that gets caught. there's this bad John Candy Movie "Who's Harry Crumb" where he's a private eye that wears all these elaborate and unnecessary "disguises" that looks like fun.

What do you shout at the cops before they shoot your criminal brains out in a four hour street battle?
Top O' the World, MA!
"well, if THIS isn't nice, I don't know what is!" KVJ

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 16:08

Minnie the Minx wrote:Have you ever been burgled? What was it like?

It was long ago that someone broke into my apartment on Halloween and stole my small television and a clock radio, they stripped the pillowcase off my bed and carried it out the window blending in with the Halloween crowd. I wasn't home at the time but moved soon after the incident. I've had a car stolen as well as other items that didn't involve breaking into my home.

It sucks

No .. I wouldn't/couldn't do that to anyone and firmly believe that all stolen items carry curses.

I imagine that I would pace for twenty four hours a day and hope that I'd wear down the floor to the degree that I'd escape.

I'd hide in plain sight and not go to any Esso stations.

Nothing as I don't forsee myself as getting caught.

Last edited by Flower on 27 Sep 2019, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 27 Sep 2019, 16:34

house no, car twice - in NYC late night, the bastard smashed my window because he saw a package in my car. It most have been fast because all he took was the bag. Idiot all that was in the bag was bubble wrap and those peanut styrofoam packing things. The window replacement was the cost along with that window leaked after the replacement. The other time was in front of my house and I heard the alarm. It was a local brat who broke into my trunk - he only got up the road before some other kids caught him as I was running after him screaming. They beat him up before I even got there. Good old city island boys always protecting the neighborhood. We didn't even bother calling the cops.
hm - does my brothers house count? :lol: never stole anything really but borrowed many things before telling him. Besides that it would be candy from a store way back in the day. Funny story - I cut hebrew school with some friends and they stole slim jims at a store as we were walking out this big guy stepped in front of us. I turned to them and said "what did you steal don't you know they have cameras." Guy still called all our parents to come pick us up. The two friends both had tough dads so they came in the next day black and blue. My mom just made me go back to Hebrew school and stand in front of the class and told them I stole candy. :lol:

nope- I wouldn't do well in prison

back in the day I could have done a good job hiding, I would have gone to remote parts of the country and live off the land.
What do you shout at the cops before they shoot your criminal brains out in a four hour street battle?[/quote]
judge judge good time judge send me to the electric chair

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 18:03

Living with Dad and he comes in my room and asks if it was I who took money from his wallet in the middle of the night. Dad said he saw a guy by his bed, asked if it was me and the guy said it was. Well, that guy removed all the cash from Dad's wallet. I had to laugh at the absurdity but I stopped laughing when I saw the guy had emptied my wallet too.
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Six String

Postby Six String » 27 Sep 2019, 19:21

I was burgled while out of town by someone who turned out to be the little brother of someone I knew who lived across the street from me. All they took were records which they cherry picked from my collection. The point of entry wasn't obvious when I came home but I noticed that my copy of The Closing Of The Fillmore West was missing as it was always in the front of a stack of records in my bedroom. I never had absolute proof so the deed went unpunished.

Another time my car was burgled and all they stole was my tapedeck but the joke was on them because it didn't work half the time when I put a cassette in and I hadn't got around to replacing it. So I got a new window and a new tapedeck which worked out for me.

No, thieves are scum.

Not sure but based on my body habitus I'd probably be someone's bitch so ultimately it wouldn't work out in my favor.

I'd probably allude capture but doubt it would last.

Fuck you assholes! :o

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 28 Sep 2019, 05:55

I have. I'm almost certain some neighbor kids broke into our house and ripped off most of my Star Wars action figures. I didn't have as many as other kids (though I had my fair share) and they were my most prized possessions. I found bits and pieces from them in the alley that went from our house to my elementary school. The good news is that it severed most of my youthful emotional attachment to the Star Wars franchise, so I'm not a ridiculous 45 year old Star Wars fanboy.

Certainly not!

Only because prison shit is my specialty. I suppose I'd still have to get my ass beat every day for five or six months but I could eventually trade my expertise to avoid the worst. I've spent a fair amount of time in prisons and it's taught me that it's definitely a place I want to avoid.

A paranoid one.

It's my goal to avoid learning the answer to this particular question.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Sep 2019, 07:57

No, but my family has, after I left home. The burglar took my brother's wallet and ate some cake we had left in the kitchen.

No, never.

I'd get beaten up the minute I stepped outside my cell.

A couldn't manage kind of fugitive.

Not gonna happen.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 28 Sep 2019, 08:41

When I was still staying at my Mum's we were broken into. They stole a video player which were very expensive at the time, some loss cash but missed my Mums jewellery which was on a ring holder in a kitchen cupboard. We only noticed when I got up for work, went to the toilet and thought it was very cold for the time of year. Went downstairs and the front door was open. The stupid fuckers nearly killed themselves. They couldn't get the plug out of the socket because of my mums stone fireplace, so they went into the kitchen, got a bread knife and cut through the cable, half the blade melted.

I told someone in my work about it, who knew a few folk (you ain't seen me right) and was told who it was. I was advised that it would be better not to follow it up by myself. The police suspected the same duo and they were caught in another house a few weeks later.

No

No

Better than Googs but not by much

I need a pish
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Sep 2019, 20:15

Just the once in my early twenties, when I was sharing a house with another student nurse in a well dodgy area of Bradford. I came back home from a late shift and looked at the front door, which was wide open, along with the back door and the back gate. The TV was missing. My first thought was that the girl I shared a house with had come home, forgotten to close all the doors and taken the TV to bed with her. Eventually it sunk in and I called my then boyfriends brother in law, who was a cop, who said "make sure they haven't taken a shit on your bed." They hadn't, but I can't say that his advice was the touchy feelie response I had hoped for.

I'm not sure where the lines blur between "burgling" and "stealing food from the kitchens of strangers" but as a jobless youngster living in various shared houses, a regular Friday night involved a post -drinking sneaking into the University Halls of residence kitchens. Students had things we could only dream of - cans of beans, beanfeasts, crisps. We would either get someone to open the door for us, pretending to be students, or drop through the windows. We'd go through the fridge and eat everything as we stood there, putting some cans in our pockets. Many was the time a genuine student would walk in and demand to know who we were and what we were studying. "Shoashiology" we'd splutter, firing marmitey toast and spittle everywhere and then scarper.

If prisoners like cellmates that invent lives and names for cockroaches and rats, pretty well.

A very bad one, because I don't like sleeping in cars.

We don't need this fascist groove thang!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?