BAN

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

BAN

Postby Jimbo » 23 Sep 2019, 14:57

In honor of (not sure if it is federal or just NY state) the banning of flavored vapping oils I wonder what else should be banned.

Bicycles. Too dangerous.

True story. I'm outside my orthopedist's door waiting my turn to go in and another foreigner sits down nearby and asks what I'm there for. I tell him a busted pelvis and he pulls open his shirt to show his shoulder all bandaged up. I said, "Bicycle accident?" and he says, "Yup," and I said, "Me, too, brother."
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Flower

Re: BAN

Postby Flower » 23 Sep 2019, 16:11

Oops .. I thought that this was a thread about deodorant. ;)

Weed Whackers should be banned as too many people don't like their neighbors plants and flowers, go over and weed whack them up in the name of "helping" .. :(

Security cameras (not talking about CCTV, government or business) that extend over a person's property line onto another person's home, this includes motion detectors. People don't need to stalk their neighbors, give them unwanted attention, make them nervous about being on their own property. If someone has a signed release to extend their peeping cameras, that is one thing, doing it against someone's wishes is another.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 23 Sep 2019, 16:27

Jimbo wrote:Bicycles. Too dangerous.

Overall, I'd agree. The cycling of them that is.

This tragic story of a family was in the news a few years ago.
Riding a bicycle after "probably" having had a drink and then taking selfies is ill advised.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/04/carmen-greenway-bicycle-crash-helmet-law-london

A woman died following a bicycle crash moments after she took a smiling selfie, her husband has said.

Rufus Greenway, 47, said his wife, who was not wearing a helmet, was a very competent cyclist. “She had been taking some selfies on the main road: she did that regularly and was media savvy,” he said. “She was not taking it at the moment of the accident. She was 100 metres from our house, one hand on the bars, quite relaxed, and probably had had a drink. She cycled that way every weekend and perhaps it’s familiarity breeding contempt. She was just having a lovely time, happy to be with her mother for her mum’s birthday. One second you’re happy and then next second it’s a trainwreck.”

It's worth saying that wearing helmets, currently not required in UK/NI law, only protect the head. There's a whole lot of other body.

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Sep 2019, 23:01

People riding bikes while talking on their cell phones. ;)

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Sep 2019, 23:05

Ban donuts. Get them out of my face. Do you really have to fry cake?
All the worst atrocities in human history have been perfectly legal. Caitlin Johnstone

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Sep 2019, 00:49

Jimbo wrote:Ban donuts. Get them out of my face. Do you really have to fry cake?

I oppose this BAN. BUT ... will be glad to BAN "strange" donuts such as bacon or cheese. Also please BAN Vegan donuts.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 Sep 2019, 01:00

Flower wrote:
Jimbo wrote: "strange" donuts such as bacon or cheese. Also please BAN Vegan donuts.

And multi-grain donuts. ;)

Flower

Postby Flower » 25 Sep 2019, 01:03

I agree about multigrain donuts but I beg of you to allow multigrain bagels. 8-)

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 26 Sep 2019, 20:16

Jimbo wrote:In honor of (not sure if it is federal or just NY state) the banning of flavored vapping oils I wonder what else should be banned.

Bicycles. Too dangerous.

True story. I'm outside my orthopedist's door waiting my turn to go in and another foreigner sits down nearby and asks what I'm there for. I tell him a busted pelvis and he pulls open his shirt to show his shoulder all bandaged up. I said, "Bicycle accident?" and he says, "Yup," and I said, "Me, too, brother."

Bicycle accident my foot. They just want you to believe that.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Sep 2019, 10:48

Positive Passion wrote:
Jimbo wrote:In honor of (not sure if it is federal or just NY state) the banning of flavored vapping oils I wonder what else should be banned.

Bicycles. Too dangerous.

Why ?

You do post some odd stuff from time to time and start weird ambiguous
threads.

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 13:00

Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Bicycles. Too dangerous.

Why ?

threads.

And these posts seem to get replies ... :lol:

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Sep 2019, 14:21

Flower wrote:
Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Why ?

threads.

Very few in fact.

By the way, I'd prefer it if you didn't alter my posts by quoting them in bold letters as you've done further up thread.
I've restored my post to the original.

Thanks.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Sep 2019, 14:43

Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Bicycles. Too dangerous.

Why ?

threads.

I think he's just playing along with the narrative that Jimbo thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Sep 2019, 15:14

The Prof wrote: I think he's just playing along with the narrative that Jimbo thinks everything is a conspiracy.

What???!!!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 27 Sep 2019, 15:39

I can't imagine where on earth he gets THAT idea from..

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 15:51

Samoan wrote:
Flower wrote:
Samoan wrote:Why ?

threads.

Very few in fact.

By the way, I'd prefer it if you didn't alter my posts by quoting them in bold letters as you've done further up thread.
I've restored my post to the original.

Thanks.

Sorry .. I was highlighting the part that I was quoting .. just being lazy on my part. No ill intent.

LAVE BIRKENSTONES

Postby LAVE BIRKENSTONES » 27 Sep 2019, 17:53

Are you two ladies romantically involved with each other?
Deebank wrote:I had the cassette when it came out and only recently got it on mp3.

Flower

Postby Flower » 27 Sep 2019, 18:13

Ernest Flatwell wrote:Are you two ladies romantically involved with each other?

Apparently, my post didn't please someone but I don't take it on a personal level.

Thanks for the laugh ... :lol:

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 29 Sep 2019, 13:45

The Prof wrote:
Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Why ?

threads.

I think he's just playing along with the narrative that Jimbo thinks everything is a conspiracy.

Thanks for paying attention, Prof.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 29 Sep 2019, 13:49

Samoan wrote:
threads.

[Incredulously] I do?