Answer my questions you bastards

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Answer my questions you bastards

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Sep 2019, 16:50

This woman I used to hang out with said that when she and her husband flew anywhere without their kids , they used to get separate planes, so that in the event of a crash, their children wouldn't be orphans. What do you think of that?

Prunes! Yes or no?

What's your favourite kitchen sound? Why?

If goats could cook, what do you think they would cook first, given the right equipment?

When was the last time you swam in a river/open spring/ sea?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Re: Answer my questions you bastards

Postby Matt Wilson » 05 Sep 2019, 17:05

This woman I used to hang out with said that when she and her husband flew anywhere without their kids , they used to get separate planes, so that in the event of a crash, their children wouldn't be orphans. What do you think of that?

Too paranoid for my tastes. Don't they say you're safer in a plane than in a car? Bet they don't rent separate cars when they're on vacation. Idiots.

Prunes! Yes or no?

No

Something frying in a pan. I don't really have to explain why.

If goats could cook, what do you think they would cook first, given the right equipment?

I never do well with these arbitrary queries. Grass?

A few years ago my then girlfriend and my kids talked me into going into the ocean with all my clothes on.

I figured I had to respond to this thread since you mentioned me by name in the thread title.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Sep 2019, 17:16

:D

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Sep 2019, 18:14

Agree with Matt, a little too paranoid based on the safety record of flying. Do these people travel in separate cars when traveling too? :?

Prunes! Yes or no?
Sure, why not. Dried plums and I love plums. Prunes are grown and harvested in a big way about 60 miles north of me. There is a grower at the market who sells the Italian plums that become prunes and I prefer them fresh and juicy but I wouldn't turn away a good dried one.

A cork poppng? If you want a food oriented thing I'll go with bacon frying. Who isn't ready for a glass of wine or a slice of bacon?

I'll go with sautéed spinach or some other leafy green.

I haven't swam anywhere in at least ten years.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 05 Sep 2019, 19:33

Seems a bit excessive, and they sound like horrible, domineering people. I bet their kids would've preferred they fly together.

Prunes! Yes or no?

No! For a while I was getting extra gassy every day around 3pm, and through the process of, erm, elimination, I deduced that it was the raisins that I had as a mid-morning snack along with some almonds. After cutting out the raisins, I haven't been as plagued by farts. I can only imagine what my afternoons would've been like had I been eating prunes.

The sound of something hitting a hot, cast iron pan. The best is a piece of fish, because that means there's already really hot butter in the pan and that makes for an even more pleasing sound. Other than that, I really like the sound of pots and pans clanging about on the cooktop. Oh, and my coffee grinder in the morning.

Tin can stew with a side of poached daisies.

Two years ago, right around this time of year, my friend Brenndan took me for a flight in his small Cessna floatplane. We landed on a few small lakes near Ontario's cottage country and swam in them, and we landed at some small uninhabited islands in Georgian Bay and swam there, too. It was one of the best days I've had in a long, long time.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Flower

Postby Flower » 05 Sep 2019, 20:13

Minnie the Minx wrote:This woman I used to hang out with said that when she and her husband flew anywhere without their kids , they used to get separate planes, so that in the event of a crash, their children wouldn't be orphans. What do you think of that?

My friend's parents never flew together for that very reason. I think that it's silly but to each their own.

Prunes! Yes or no?

No interest in prunes.

The sound of the smoke alarm going off. Why? Because it annoys my husband beyond all reason.

Mulligan stew ... because it is a goat thing to do.

Not for a very long time.

P.S. I hope that I didn't break the rules answering your questions as my parents were married for three years and seven months before I was born.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Sep 2019, 22:35

1) To die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.... it's superb nonsense.

2) No.

3) The final rattle from my percolator informing me my coffee is ready.

4) Cheese fondue

5) Few months back in Cuba on several occasions. Beautiful beaches there.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 06 Sep 2019, 01:59

Us, obviously.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 06 Sep 2019, 13:05

It seems a bit extreme in 2019.
I think I've written about this before but something related happened to my cousin's husband and his sister when they were 8 or 10 or so in age, back in the fifties. Their parents were on board a new model of aeroplane which caught fire and exploded on the tarmac prior to take off. (I don't know which airport or air strip it occurred at but somewhere in the UK.)
It was an engineering/manufacturer/design fault and there was a very large compensation pay out into a trust fund for the two children who were brought up by immediate family.

Prunes! Yes or no?

It's a big no from me although I'd definitely stretch a point if served interesting food at some do. Apparently there's party food called Devils on Horseback which is a prune wrapped in a rasher of bacon and grilled or baked and I'd definitely go for that.

The bubbling of the kettle coming to the boil as it means my first brew of the day is on it's way.

I think they'd toast marshmallows - so more of preparing a hot snack than cooking but I think that's all they'd be up to really, hoof wise.

None of the above recently but I fell into the Grand Union Canal approaching Hemel Hempstead 2 years ago but I scrambled out with help real fast. Thank heavens it was daylight.

Robert

Postby Robert » 06 Sep 2019, 13:20

A bit over sensitive but in a way it does make sense. I had a boss 30 years ago and he and his wife were taking different flights if they'd go somewhere.
They did not have kids though. I guess they thought it would be too much for the world if both of them died.

Well, meanwhile they did and the world moved on.

Prunes! Yes or no?

Sure, what's not to like?

Spreading butter on toast.
The bubbling of my coffee when it's nearly finished in my Mocca

Sheep, they really hate those.

Pfffff, two years ago I think

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Sep 2019, 16:34

I'm glad the kids never grew up orphans but I hope they didn't grow up kind of nervous

Prunes! Yes or no?

YES! Pitless Prunes are a miracle!

another vote for frying. I love the sound of anything hitting the oil in a hot pan. it sounds like... VICTORY!

I think the question undervalues the sheer beauty of being a goat. since goats will eat pretty much any goddam thing - they have no need for cooking.

whoa. 6 to 8 years. it was fun but I lead a happy life without doing it.
Last edited by Sneelock on 06 Sep 2019, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
"well, if THIS isn't nice, I don't know what is!" KVJ

John aka Josh

Postby John aka Josh » 06 Sep 2019, 22:27

Over the top.

Prunes! Yes or no?

Yes Yes Yes! Delicious hot or cold.

Oddly was recently disappointed with a pack of

think they've changed the chocolate and the manufacturing process. A real childhood treat, we only had them at Christmas. Brought a pack for one of my sisters last Christmas, the other voiced disappointment that she hadn't got one.

The timer sounding out to let me know something is most likely ready.

Goats are not the most discerning of eaters. Us, not because they'll particularly enjoy the taste, purely from revenge.

River, last summer. Hugely prefer swimming in natural water - has to be fairly clear - to man made pools.

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 07 Sep 2019, 00:03

Loopy.

No.

Grass.

I live near a great beach, so recently.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Sep 2019, 03:26

Daft, isn't it? Given the risk of a car accident, or even a snake bite v a plane crash. Yet still they would drive in cars together and wander barefoot into the garden.

Prunes! Yes or no?

Ooh aye! On porridge, as a sweet binder for weirdo hippy oat cakes and shit, or just plain on their own.Fab.

The sound of frying is pretty unbeatable isn't it? In this house it usually means if the fat is very hot that one of us is frying spices for a curry, and that's always ace. I also like the sound of whisking, wine glasses being lured out the cupboard and popping corks.

My favourite sound when my Nanna was alive was the sound of her scraping new potatoes under a running tap.

I reckon they'd be all about Rum Ba-Bas

We have one of the best open springs in Austin here and we are there not often enough. But we were there a couple of months ago just as it started to get hot.

Dr Markus wrote: