Climate Change. Real or hoax?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Do you believe the Al Gore climate change narrative?

No
9%
Somewhat
No votes
Entirely
91%

Total votes: 23

Robert

Re: Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Postby Robert » 07 Sep 2019, 07:57

Jimbo wrote:Re above video: How come they stopped the video in September to show ice loss? You can only glimpse how in the winter the ice builds substantially back up. But at the end of summer naturally the ice cap will be at its minimum. Maybe it does indicate a trend of global warming but to make the fuss, the panic which climate change people are pushing is unnecessary. Let's calm the fuck down and do what humankind has always done and that is adapt. Remember when it was only kooky bible thumpers who said the end was neigh?

You're unbelievable Jimbo. Just compare the September situation for each year with the last year in the footage.

Calm the fuck down? I'd try some speed instead of pot to wake up if I were you.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 07 Sep 2019, 10:17

Jimbo wrote:
Remember when it was only kooky bible thumpers who said the end was neigh?

You mean the four horsemen of the apocalypse, right?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Sep 2019, 20:21

Robert wrote:
Jimbo wrote: Maybe it does indicate a trend of global warming ...

You're unbelievable Jimbo. Just compare the September situation for each year with the last year in the footage.

Hey, I gave your point props because I did see the cap shrinking overall. But the ice cap is gonna do what it does. If North America and Europe somehow switch to solar and wind power you think that'll slow down the melting glaciers? Answer: You don't know. You've invested all your hopes in this scheme and hope it works. But even with all those scientists agreeing they're still not sure what will reverse it or when it will stop. How often do they seem surprised at how off their numbers are? Have you been watching those Conan in Greenland videos? They're really funny and also revealing to me that the Greenlanders don't seem to be worrying and Greenland looks gorgeous. The icebergs are awesome. I am not basing my idea on Conan O'Brian's silly show but it's a bit of 2019 evidence of a need to stop panicking.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Robert

Postby Robert » 09 Sep 2019, 07:55

Jimbo wrote:
Robert wrote:
Jimbo wrote: Maybe it does indicate a trend of global warming ...

Hey, I gave your point props because I did see the cap shrinking overall. But the ice cap is gonna do what it does. If North America and Europe somehow switch to solar and wind power you think that'll slow down the melting glaciers? Answer: You don't know. You've invested all your hopes in this scheme and hope it works. But even with all those scientists agreeing they're still not sure what will reverse it or when it will stop. How often do they seem surprised at how off their numbers are? Have you been watching those Conan in Greenland videos? They're really funny and also revealing to me that the Greenlanders don't seem to be worrying and Greenland looks gorgeous. The icebergs are awesome. I am not basing my idea on Conan O'Brian's silly show but it's a bit of 2019 evidence of a need to stop panicking.

What we do know is that some of our production systems/ lifestyles are generating excessive amounts of GHG's. Power, Transport, Meat & Dairy and Cement. A kg of Milk, for instance, generates about 1.2kg of GHG emissions on the farm. By the time that milk lands on your plate in the form of cheese, the emissions have increased to 13 kg of CO2 eq GHG's/kg of Cheese. The Steak on your plate generates 58 kgs CO2 eq/kg.

Now, even if you believe that global warming is only partially caused by man (and that is likely to be true), a change in production methods, diet, and lifestyle will reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and thus slow and reduce the average temperature on earth.

That is a fact.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 09 Sep 2019, 09:07

Can't recall where I saw how much energy it took to make a car, to forge all the metal parts like the engine block, and it took a fuck load. But nonetheless, stalwart and progressive (Soviet era poster) mankind has churned out many, many millions of these energy suckers for a hundred years and, I'm sorry. I know, all the methane produced from cows and now I hear from you about the danger of cheese. Cheese. Really? Last night we slept through a typhoon. It is typhoon season. When I peeked out the window at 5am it looked ferocious. But then when I woke again at 7 I saw the streets littered with blasted off leaves and some very small damage to the roof of my building, but all that wind and rain had passed to somewhere else and it really is a pretty nice day today, sunny and warm. How is it by you? You know I had heard, albeit from a climate skeptic but a climate scientist nonetheless, Prof. Judith Curry, that the weather we are experiencing now is perhaps the best weather humankind has ever had. Enjoy.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Robert

Postby Robert » 09 Sep 2019, 09:30

Jimbo wrote:Can't recall where I saw how much energy it took to make a car, to forge all the metal parts like the engine block, and it took a fuck load. But nonetheless, stalwart and progressive (Soviet era poster) mankind has churned out many, many millions of these energy suckers for a hundred years and, I'm sorry. I know, all the methane produced from cows and now I hear from you about the danger of cheese. Cheese. Really? Last night we slept through a typhoon. It is typhoon season. When I peeked out the window at 5am it looked ferocious. But then when I woke again at 7 I saw the streets littered with blasted off leaves and some very small damage to the roof of my building, but all that wind and rain had passed to somewhere else and it really is a pretty nice day today, sunny and warm. How is it by you? You know I had heard, albeit from a climate skeptic but a climate scientist nonetheless, Prof. Judith Curry, that the weather we are experiencing now is perhaps the best weather humankind has ever had. Enjoy.

I am sure they're having a ball over here: