Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Bizarre theories and nonsense

Do you believe the Al Gore climate change narrative?

No
9%
Somewhat
No votes
Entirely
91%

Total votes: 23

Hepcat

Re: Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Postby Hepcat » 30 Aug 2019, 21:51

Jimbo wrote: What do you think of Yang's idea of more nuclear power?

The "Climate Change" lobby hates it. Doesn't fit their agenda, i.e. the transfer of wealth from the pockets of Americans to the third world. Plus the transfer of wealth from the pockets of any and all taxpayers to the pockets of those getting grants to study global warming. Errrrrr, sorry. They call that climate change now because whatever happens, they can say they predicted it.

;)

"That government governs best that governs least."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 30 Aug 2019, 22:26

Mike Boom wrote:
Hepcat wrote:You are too! You're slyly insinuating that these greenhouse gases are the underlying cause of these climate changes. Do you deny this?

Im not slyly insinuating it, Im saying it as plainly as I can - as are 98% of the scientific community. The global warming we have been experiencing for the last 200 or so years is due to mans burning of fossil fuels and pumping CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the air.

Well then fine. But humankind today will not stop doing what its doing so what do you propose we humans do? Some climate change skeptics propose/fear it would take a global government to get us to stop doing what we are doing and that is the "agenda."
Question authority.

Robert

Postby Robert » 30 Aug 2019, 22:54

Hepcat wrote:
Robert wrote:
Belle Lettre wrote:What does Geert Wilders say?

If you follow the news a bit you will have noted that in th last EU elections his party lost all seats.

And that proves he's wrong about what? Other than his appeal to voters of course.

:?:

It proves that even the most stupid part of the Dutch population has had it with bigotry and man-made climate change denial.

Robert

Postby Robert » 30 Aug 2019, 23:01

Hepcat wrote:
Jimbo wrote:C'mon. BCBers are smart.

Hmmmmm. The evidence for that proposition is scant as well.

Robert wrote: Thank god I live in a country where intelligence is rule rather than accidental. In the Netherlands you just can’t say things like this. It’s accepted consensus climate change is man made.

Seems this thread is chock full of dubious propositions:

Worldwide Test Scores

I see that the Netherlands stands fifteenth in Science. Not bad, but certainly out of the medals.

:lol:

You read selectively. I never claimed that living in a country where intelligence is the rule rather than accident would automatically imply there weren’t countries where that’s the same.

Did you see the score of the USA?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 31 Aug 2019, 00:06

Jimbo wrote:But humankind today will not stop doing what its doing so what do you propose we humans do?

Actually, quite a lot of humans - and even some corporations - have stopped "doing what they were doing" to the environment, or at least have curbed it a bit. And I propose that that trend ought to continue.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 31 Aug 2019, 03:11

Maybe so, Chuck. Maybe so. And God help us all.
Question authority.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 31 Aug 2019, 03:37

Robert wrote:
Hepcat wrote:And that proves he's wrong about what? Other than his appeal to voters of course.

:?:

It proves that even the most stupid part of the Dutch population has had it with bigotry and man-made climate change denial.

Until the next election of course. You may perhaps have noticed that the results of such have a tendency to fluctuate over time as much as say the climate.

:P

If however you care to read that much into the results of snout counting contests, by the same logic it would appear that back in 2016 even the most stupid part of the American population had had it with eight years of a non man-made climate change denying Democrat administration in the White House.

And I see you've now added the modifier "man-made" to your statement. So I take it you finally have acknowledged that climate change isn't necessarily man made.

;)

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 31 Aug 2019, 04:03

Robert wrote:Thank god I live in a country where intelligence is rule rather than accidental. In the Netherlands you just can’t say things like this. It’s accepted consensus climate change is man made.

Where then do you live anyway? Clearly it can't be the Netherlands if the Dutch accept as consensus a proposition for which there's next to no historical statistical evidence.

Robert wrote:You read selectively.

Not so. While I may quote selectively to make a certain specific point, that in no way implies that I read selectively.

Robert wrote:I never claimed that living in a country where intelligence is the rule rather than accident would automatically imply there weren’t countries where that’s the same.

So? All I claimed was that the Netherlands' score was nothing to write home about.

Robert wrote:Did you see the score of the USA?

Oh probably but I didn't bother to note it. After all, Toronto is in Canada. I take it that at least one of the residents of whichever country you're from isn't so sharp when it comes to geography.

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Aug 2019, 10:58

Hepcat wrote:
Robert wrote:Thank god I live in a country where intelligence is rule rather than accidental. In the Netherlands you just can’t say things like this. It’s accepted consensus climate change is man made.

Where then do you live anyway? Clearly it can't be the Netherlands if the Dutch accept as consensus a proposition for which there's next to no historical statistical evidence.

Robert wrote:You read selectively.

Not so. While I may quote selectively to make a certain specific point, that in no way implies that I read selectively.

Robert wrote:I never claimed that living in a country where intelligence is the rule rather than accident would automatically imply there weren’t countries where that’s the same.

So? All I claimed was that the Netherlands' score was nothing to write home about.

Oh probably but I didn't bother to note it. After all, Toronto is in Canada. I take it that at least one of the residents of whichever country you're from isn't so sharp when it comes to geography.

Excuse me but you're so thick that I automatically assumed you must be from Hicksville, USA.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 31 Aug 2019, 15:57

Jimbo wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:
Hepcat wrote:You are too! You're slyly insinuating that these greenhouse gases are the underlying cause of these climate changes. Do you deny this?

Im not slyly insinuating it, Im saying it as plainly as I can - as are 98% of the scientific community. The global warming we have been experiencing for the last 200 or so years is due to mans burning of fossil fuels and pumping CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the air.

Well then fine. But humankind today will not stop doing what its doing so what do you propose we humans do? Some climate change skeptics propose/fear it would take a global government to get us to stop doing what we are doing and that is the "agenda."

If humankind will does not stop what its doing it will be extinct within the next hundred years - so if we want to survive as a species doing nothing is not an option.

We could start by
De carbonisiation of the global energy system as it accounts for almost two-thirds of greenhouse gas emissions
by switching to sustainable and renewable clean energy

Start treating the planet as our home, that gives us life and not some resource to be plundered to satiate our greed.
Plant trees instead of burning them and cutting them down. Ban single use plastic bags like they have in NZ. Turn off the lights when you leave the room, turn you computer off, save water etc etc etc

Cleaning up the planet instead of trashing it basically.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 31 Aug 2019, 17:37

Robert wrote:
Hepcat wrote:

Excuse me but you're so thick that I automatically assumed you must be from Hicksville, USA.

So I guess I can add "painfully slow to grasp the obvious" to the list of your many and varied personal failings.

8-)

Robert

Postby Robert » 31 Aug 2019, 19:27

Hepcat wrote:
Robert wrote:
Hepcat wrote:

So I guess I can add "painfully slow to grasp the obvious" to the list of your many and varied personal failings.

8-)

I’ll rest my case.

`

Postby ` » 01 Sep 2019, 09:54

Mike Boom wrote:
If humankind will does not stop what its doing it will be extinct within the next hundred years - so if we want to survive as a species doing nothing is not an option.

What Mike said.

Even those swayed by the very probably Big Energy-funded scientists who dispute global warming would have to be serious morons to argue against taking timely preventative measures to stop such problems happening in the future.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 Sep 2019, 12:36

Mike Boom wrote:The Great Barrier Reef - another victim of the "hoax"

Maybe so. This guy was fired from his uni job for speaking out. He debunks the Great Barrier Reef narrative in the beginning of the video and goes on to talk about his travails with the system for the rest.

Question authority.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 01 Sep 2019, 12:40

Whatever the truth the sensible thing to do is plan for the worst while hoping for the best.

However things we do know include how much CO2 (and other greenhouse gases) human activities are producing, and how much global average temperatures are rising.

We now also have very accurate methods of modelling the effects these changes could have - including the consequences of melting the permafrost and methane in the sea floor.

We also have a historical records from things like ice cores, tree ring samples and the geological record to show how the climate has changed over the eons due to procession and other natural phenomena.

The conclusions of all this combined knowledge is that human activity is having a profound effect.

If you trust global oil companies and their sponsored alt right mouthpieces over independent scientific Consensus then you are a useful idiot.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Sep 2019, 13:24

Just ordered this, which will make Jimbo's piss boil.

Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 Sep 2019, 13:38

Scientists challenge magazine story about ‘uninhabitable Earth’

The article by David Wallace-Wells is entitled “The Uninhabitable Earth” and begins with the sentence, “It is, I promise, worse than you think.” ... Yet a number of scientific responses have been highly critical. :shock:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ene ... edirect=on
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 Sep 2019, 16:23

Last edited by Jimbo on 01 Sep 2019, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

`

Postby ` » 01 Sep 2019, 16:45

Jimbo wrote:
Powehi wrote: Big Energy-funded scientists who dispute global warming.

I'd like to see some verification of this. I know it is bantered about like common knowledge but I've heard otherwise, that the big oil companies have given far more money to environmental groups than to climate skeptics.

Powehi wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:

What Mike said.

Even those swayed by the very probably Big Energy-funded scientists who dispute global warming would have to be serious morons to argue against taking timely preventative measures to stop such problems happening in the future.

Nothing like a bit of selective editing to justify one's very probably crackpot theories

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 01 Sep 2019, 16:51

Yeah, I was wrong about that. While some big oil money went to environmental groups the Koch brothers gave loads to climate denying groups, especially the Republican party.
Question authority.

Return to “Conspiracyland”