how angry are you with preludin?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Flower

Re: how angry are you with preludin?

Postby Flower » 23 Aug 2019, 18:11

Sneelock wrote:TAKE THAT BACK!!!!
;)

Returns are only accepted with receipts!
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Nolamike

Re: Bored board

Postby Nolamike » 23 Aug 2019, 18:54

Samoan wrote:
The Modernist wrote:It's also friendlier and more humorous. You don't spend half the time fending off angry people.

:lol:

I actually agree with the assessment - I haven't actually seen any threads over there that descend into name-calling and interpersonal squabbles.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 23 Aug 2019, 19:04

You must've missed Coan scolding 'Skope for rudeness to other posters - that was rather thick with irony - but by and large I agree with this.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2019?

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 23 Aug 2019, 19:23

Biscuit, taken.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Aug 2019, 21:16

The Modernist wrote:
Nolamike wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:So let me get this straight, because I haven't been around that much lately: Coan started another board and half the people here jumped ship and now neither board has the critical mass of users to have lively discussions, is that what's going on?

Both boards are a bit slow, traffic-wise. I do participate much more on Preludin now than I do on BCB - the music discussion over there skews more towards the things I like, compared to what Yakety Yak is like now (I'd actually say that Preludin's music section reminds me of Yakety Yak in the mid-2000s).

I think that's a fair summary. It's also friendlier and more humorous. You don't spend half the time fending off angry people.

Then why are you here? If preludin is so much better why come back here at all?

I really don't see the point. If conversation is so much better there then why....

Oh forget it. You're never going to see the irony anyway.

C
Robust

Postby C » 23 Aug 2019, 21:40

This is where it's at [man]

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144372

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

C
Robust

Postby C » 23 Aug 2019, 21:45

Matt Wilson wrote:You're never going to see the irony anyway.

That's exactly the point my dear learned friend

That's exactly the point

It's all a bit of fun but the trouble is that too many are up their own arses/asses and take themselves too seriously

The henchmen, trolls, bully-boys, cry-babies and sad-fucques know who they are

:lol:
Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 23 Aug 2019, 21:53

Matt Wilson wrote:
The Modernist wrote:
Nolamike wrote:
Both boards are a bit slow, traffic-wise. I do participate much more on Preludin now than I do on BCB - the music discussion over there skews more towards the things I like, compared to what Yakety Yak is like now (I'd actually say that Preludin's music section reminds me of Yakety Yak in the mid-2000s).

I think that's a fair summary. It's also friendlier and more humorous. You don't spend half the time fending off angry people.

Then why are you here? If preludin is so much better why come back here at all?

I really don't see the point. If conversation is so much better there then why....

Oh forget it. You're never going to see the irony anyway.

Because there are many posters here that I still like who aren't on the other board, and because there are still occasionally threads here to which I'll contribute, and because I enjoy seeing old threads from many years ago. Just because I move to a new neighborhood that I like doesn't mean I can't occasionally go back to the old neighborhood, and cruise around the streets, having warm memories and saying hello to people I haven't seen in a while.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 23 Aug 2019, 21:58

Actually, I was directing that towards Geraint's comment about 'angry people.'

Most of whom left for Preludin and none of whom G seems to have issues with.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Aug 2019, 22:31

The trouble is that the dissonances here start when the two most polarising figures show up and start stinking up the place and that's why there are now a plethora of threads about this being such a combatative board.

Why the fuck it's being ruled OK that those guys are allowed here to keep on being pests whereas most of the remaining regulars wouldn't even be considered for Coan's board is beyond me.

To pick fights with people who like to stay at both boards is stupid. Let's create a nicer environment without descending into more brawls with people who's only intent is to destroy the bit of fun most BCBers have left here.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Aug 2019, 22:36

Well, I love this place. I’m having a lot of fun @ the other place but as Mike has noted, not everybody I like to interact with posts over there.

Having said that, for all the anger and baiting and so on.. at least there is a measure of unpredictability to that stuff. I hate to pick on C. Especially since he already feels so picked on but regard his post above. I have lost track of the number of times I’ve read a post that is functionally the exact same post. I know I’m prone to exaggeration but If Isaid “literally dozens” I think that sounds about right. C. Posting crying babies and talking about bully boys is like fucking chinese water torture to me.

Well Sneelock, Old bean, why don’t you simply put him on ignore? Yeah, I could do that but I love the prog and besides, he seems like a fine fellow in other respects.

The thing Preludin has going for it right now is that the axe grinding hasn’t been going on for so long that the wounds will never be healed. Not yet, anyway. What THIS place has going for it is the people who don’t go there.

Both boards are really fun right now for me. Consider the source, I enjoy “word association” the LEAST engaging aspect of both places right now IMO is bitching about the people that piss us off.

I understand my shirt needs irony but I don’t think I’m bitching about C. I’m bitching about the redundancy & the other place has its share of that too.

End on a positive note. I’ve had a LOT of fun, just in the last couple of days, associating words and talking about stuff I love with interesting people who love stuff.

I may bitch but obviously I think It’s worth it in the long run.
can you prove it didn't happen?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Aug 2019, 23:15

You can be angry at C of sorts but he won't have the need to retaliate if "henchman" would be here.

This place can never heal its wounds when the same battles rage on with the same people being at the center of it. And I don't mean Jimbo and/or fuery. Which is exactly where this is heading- a complete desertion and the few people genuinely interested to revive this board left without anyone returning.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Aug 2019, 23:33

are we talking about a nice, little message board or a battleground of HONOR??
some people just like to argue. look at me. Me and Davey both like the movie "Vertigo" for pretty much the same reasons and it's all I can do not to argue with him about it.

maybe you're right and people should be banned and all that sort of thing. Build that Wall!
I think dealing with assholes builds character - ask anybody who knows me. they're some characters!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Aug 2019, 23:35

I'm not angry at C. I just hope I never see one of those stupid crying baby posts ever again.
I probably will and I'll try my best to shut up about it next time.

Flower

Postby Flower » 23 Aug 2019, 23:41

never/ever wrote:
This place can never heal its wounds when the same battles rage on with the same people being at the center of it. And I don't mean Jimbo and/or fuery. Which is exactly where this is heading- a complete desertion and the few people genuinely interested to revive this board left without anyone returning.

I agree.

Without going on and on ... No forum will ever have all its members like or agreeing with each other. There are so many forums and FB pages, no need for anyone to stick around in a place that they don't like or where they "hate" posters for any reason, real or imaginary Live and let live.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 23 Aug 2019, 23:44

Yeah. It takes real character to stand up against C but silently condoning solarskope's vicious little attacks, simply because they don't particularly target you.

I've tried my best to shut up about those but frankly I can't.

I'd love to run another Cup soon and could do with at least the knowledge that I have more than 10 people entering and voting but that is not a guarantee.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 23 Aug 2019, 23:55

nobody's asking you to shut up. I admire your restraint at not posting pictures of crying babies.
look, everybody wants to feel at home. I understand but I think everytime C. complains that he's sending out an engraved invitation to those guys.
I think he might try not complaining for a while. I understand that's easy for me to say but that's my two cents. just a suggestion, one message board pal to another.

I hope you talk yourself into running another cup. I admire all the work that goes into those things.

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Aug 2019, 02:39

Okay .. I found some pennies.

1. I believe that if you are not happy with a forum to just stop posting. Don't whine like a baby, just take some time away, this way if you come back, you didn't make a jerk of yourself. If the forum is slow or boring, don't whine about it .. start some threads yourself.

2. It's taking me years to learn "not to feed the trolls" .. often, standing up to the trolls, just feeds the fire. If the trolls don't get the attention that they crave .. maybe they'll go away.

3. Just because someone doesn't comment, it doesn't mean that they don't see what is happening. Often jumping in isn't the best solution.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Aug 2019, 03:00

4. Word Association Threads are better than Mom's Chicken Soup.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Aug 2019, 03:04

Three concurrent meta threads! It's what we do best. ;)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck