Time to pull the BCB plug?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Re: Time to pull the BCB plug?

Postby soundchaser » 22 Aug 2019, 13:20

As The Bonzo’s album title read: Let’s Make Up And Be Friendly.

Except the ex-members turned trolls, and aliases, that is.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 22 Aug 2019, 14:20

How, exactly, do you pull a plug on an ex-member (or former member)? Surely you can only do that to members.
And whence this egregious assumption that people who post on preludin, including two BCB moderators, have 'left' this board? They might not post as often as they used to here, but they haven't severed any ties.
It may seem difficult multi-tasking to some, but I've been a member of more than one (and currently four) forums without overtaxing myself for 15 years or so.
And of course there is nothing stopping anyone with an ounce of nous from setting up their own boards if they want to restrict membership, or have different kinds of conversations. I've done it, so it can't be that difficult. It costs nothing but a bit of time.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

C
Robust

Postby C » 22 Aug 2019, 15:26

soundchaser wrote:Except the ex-members turned trolls, and aliases, that is.

Agreed Richard my learned friend

Agreed

There is no place around these parts for bully-boys, henchmen, trolls and sad-fucques.

As Tobias Smollett said: good riddance to bad rubbish

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 22 Aug 2019, 15:42

C wrote:
soundchaser wrote:Except the ex-members turned trolls, and aliases, that is.

Agreed Richard my learned friend

Agreed

There is no place around these parts for bully-boys, henchmen, trolls and sad-fucques.

As Tobias Smollett said: good riddance to bad rubbish

Righteous.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 22 Aug 2019, 15:56

C wrote:There is no place around these parts for bully-boys, henchmen, trolls and sad-fucques.

That’s news to me!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Aug 2019, 17:02

Still Baron wrote:
C wrote:There is no place around these parts for bully-boys, henchmen, trolls and sad-fucques.

That’s news to me!

:lol: exactly! Since when??

I'm with Ray (as I often am about things other than music :D ) - we all have the ultimate say over what kind of experience we have here. Not serving you? Fine. Go somewhere else and do something else. Personally, I'm gong to continue to be palsies with whoever'll have me. Love you all (to varying degrees...)
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018 2019?

HEN

Postby HEN » 22 Aug 2019, 17:03

Rayge wrote:How, exactly, do you pull a plug on an ex-member (or former member)? Surely you can only do that to members.
And whence this egregious assumption that people who post on preludin, including two BCB moderators, have 'left' this board? They might not post as often as they used to here, but they haven't severed any ties.
It may seem difficult multi-tasking to some, but I've been a member of more than one (and currently four) forums without overtaxing myself for 15 years or so.
And of course there is nothing stopping anyone with an ounce of nous from setting up their own boards if they want to restrict membership, or have different kinds of conversations. I've done it, so it can't be that difficult. It costs nothing but a bit of time.

there are some very uneducated posters on here, Ray. Richard Rokster is one of them. A small town hick, who retired after spending his life sweeping the streets of poole. Apparently his barometer of success is a wife and children and rating 'dark side of the moon' as the best album ever. no wonder he's so UPTIGHT.
GoogaMooga wrote:Alright everybody, the latest thrift shop discovery is, in one word, WOW...!

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 22 Aug 2019, 17:57

toomanyhatz wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

That’s news to me!

:lol: exactly!

I'm with Ray (as I often am about things other than music :D ) - we all have the ultimate say over what kind of experience we have here. Not serving you? Fine. Go somewhere else and do something else. Personally, I'm gong to continue to be palsies with whoever'll have me. Love you all (to varying degrees...)

Thank you both.
Can I just add, since you've quoted him, that the poster has himself displayed behaviour that some would consider to be bullying and controlling; that the use of the word ' henchman' as I understand it, implies someone who does the dirty, violent or criminal work of a dictator or criminal mastermind, which clearly would not be seen by any disinterested person to apply to anyone being referenced here, and in fact is a statement that may arguably, if somewhat mischievously, be considered actionable; and that while there are among their number a number of 'fuques', no-one on preludin, or indeed on both boards is any less than moderately cheerful or quietly chillin' at the moment.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 22 Aug 2019, 18:30

toomanyhatz wrote:
Still Baron wrote:

That’s news to me!

That’s all well and good, but nobody posts on this once vibrant forum much anymore.

Something’s gone wrong.

HEN

Postby HEN » 22 Aug 2019, 18:33

soundchaser wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
That’s news to me!

That’s all well and good, but nobody posts on this once vibrant forum much anymore.

Something’s gone wrong.

you're back to save the old place though, dickie!

how's yer book coming on? "my life on the bins".
GoogaMooga wrote:Alright everybody, the latest thrift shop discovery is, in one word, WOW...!

soundchaser
Rokster & Rollster

Postby soundchaser » 22 Aug 2019, 18:35

Rayge wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
That’s news to me!

:lol: exactly!

Thank you both.
Can I just add, since you've quoted him, that the poster has himself displayed behaviour that some would consider to be bullying and controlling; that the use of the word ' henchman' as I understand it, implies someone who does the dirty, violent or criminal work of a dictator or criminal mastermind, which clearly would not be seen by any disinterested person to apply to anyone being referenced here, and in fact is a statement that may arguably, if somewhat mischievously, be considered actionable; and that while there are among their number a number of 'fuques', no-one on preludin, or indeed on both boards is any less than moderately cheerful or quietly chillin' at the moment.

You don’t half write some rubbish and must love the sound of your own voice.

Pompous and condescending: that’s all I’m going to say.

HEN

Postby HEN » 22 Aug 2019, 18:44

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Aug 2019, 18:57

Rayge wrote:Can I just add, since you've quoted him, that the poster has himself displayed behaviour that some would consider to be bullying and controlling; that the use of the word ' henchman' as I understand it, implies someone who does the dirty, violent or criminal work of a dictator or criminal mastermind, which clearly would not be seen by any disinterested person to apply to anyone being referenced here, and in fact is a statement that may arguably, if somewhat mischievously, be considered actionable; and that while there are among their number a number of 'fuques', no-one on preludin, or indeed on both boards is any less than moderately cheerful or quietly chillin' at the moment.

A 100+ word sentence, with only one full stop to finish.
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Aug 2019, 19:09

soundchaser wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:
Still Baron wrote:
That’s news to me!

Something’s gone wrong.

Define "wrong."

We're hardly the only once-vibrant forum that's had this happen.

And considering we're all on different pages about who's to blame for it, I don't think there's much hope of "fixing" it to the satisfaction of anything approaching a majority.

Not to mention, having been here from at least pretty close to the very beginning, people having been saying something's wrong since the very beginning.

Arrogant or no, Rayge is right that anyone can start their own board if they don't like what's going on on this one. I mean, John Coan can even manage - how hard can it be?

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 22 Aug 2019, 19:16

We need more Palestine threads.
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Aug 2019, 19:18

We need YOU! Come back, Griffy!

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 22 Aug 2019, 19:19

We need more atheism threads
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 22 Aug 2019, 19:23

toomanyhatz wrote:We need YOU! Come back, Griffy!

I've only been away because I've:

a) been on holiday.

b) not been able to remember my password.

I've been thinking about starting a Rutles thread. Exciting, eh?
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Aug 2019, 19:31

Samoan wrote:We need more atheism threads

By all means - start some!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 22 Aug 2019, 19:46

toomanyhatz wrote:
Samoan wrote:We need more atheism threads

By all means - start some!

In god’s name, do it!
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro