It's all the same

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

It's all the same

Postby Jimbo » 16 Aug 2019, 14:07

Tonight my wife and I had dinner in a restaurant and I ordered a bottle of beer with two glasses. Which did I want, the waiter asked, Kirin Lager or Kirin "Ichiban Shibori." I ordered the lager. When we finished the lager, just to be crazy, I ordered the IS. Guess what? Kirin makes good beer but the two differently named beers tasted just about the same. It would have made no difference which one I ordered. It is all about marketing, I guess. Can you imagine the company board room where the executives are sitting there with two glasses of beer which taste so similar but they still have to create a campaign for each. Yikes!

Cheap wine or expensive wine, they're both wine. One doesn't taste like calves liver and the other wine.

You go to your favorite bar and order, "Whatever you have on tap."

Six of one. Half a dozen of another. Shits all the same.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: It's all the same

Postby The Prof » 16 Aug 2019, 14:26

That's what THEY want you to think. They get you when your guard's down. I saw it on the internet.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 16 Aug 2019, 14:53

If you're ever in a nice restaurant, always order the house white or red rather than off the menu. Guess beer is now the same. have they stopped selling Duff bottled and draft down your way, Jimbo?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Aug 2019, 15:18

Remember how they said it was a good idea that Henry Ford sold the Model T in one color black and that they were all the same. The car was a hit. But now look at the variety of cars. I don't own a car but give me four wheels, four cylinders and a music player and I'm fine. Cars are basically all the same.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Aug 2019, 17:00

I am drinking whatever is on tap in my plain black car and all is right with the world.
can you prove it didn't happen?

Flower

Postby Flower » 16 Aug 2019, 20:14

My cats tell me that all kibble tastes the same but that they like looking at the different bags.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 16 Aug 2019, 21:14

The third breath is as good as the fourth breath
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!