How's your economy look?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

How's your economy look?

Postby Jimbo » 03 Aug 2019, 11:05

We are nowhere near dire straits thanks to my Japanese social security, US social security and some savings. (Be aware that the US will lop off half of your SS if you get SS benefits elsewhere. They call it a "windfall." :roll: ) High airline prices are just about all keeping me from having an ideal life. I look around Tokyo and they are spiffing up the city for the upcoming summer Olympics, i.e., my neighborhood has newly widened streets and buried telephone wires. I don't know how but they've somehow hidden the homeless and hobo-y types. Don't see 'em like I used to. Things look good around here.

My wife says she heard on a radio show that America's economy has never been better, that kids are buying $200 sneakers. I'm not there but somehow my retired legal secretary sister married to a retired FED-EX driver bought a new home in San Diego while keeping my ex-school principal mother in a pretty nice retirement home. The economy looks pretty good on her side of the fence.

Notice that none of the Dem candidates are running as Bill Clinton cleverly did on "It's the economy stupid!" Does that mean that Trump is somehow winning the economy battle?
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Fonz

Re: How's your economy look?

Postby Fonz » 04 Aug 2019, 15:45

How's the deficit?
Heyyyy!

"Fonz clearly has no fucks to give. I like the cut of his Cupicidal gib."