Gosh, you sure are pretty.

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Gosh, you sure are pretty.

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jul 2019, 22:35

Is it okay to say that to an actual pretty woman?

We all see striking looking women or men everyday and mentally we go wow! But if, say, I sat next to a pretty woman or man on a bus, would it be all right, complimentary even, to say something. I kind of know it would be rude to call someone ugly if they were ugly but if they were and I was in a conversational position to say something like, "You'd be lucky to get a dog to like you," I might check myself, however true. But a beautiful woman or handsome man, I'd like to say how I feel about how excited their appearance makes me feel. And If I weren't married, or could get away somehow with adultery, I'd hope my words would lead to something. But at the least, could I - without the PC squad on my tail - say, "Excuse me, but you are the prettiest woman I've seen all day." ?
Last edited by Jimbo on 28 Jul 2019, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Jimbo

Re: Gosh, you sure are pretty.

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jul 2019, 22:44

And fat people know they're fat. They're probably mentally obsessing about it 24/7. How come it wouldn't be right to outright talk about their weight, get the subject done with and then and talk about sports or conspiracies. "Must be hard for someone like you to find a good pair of jeans." "Building Seven. Believe that shit?"
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jul 2019, 23:01

Do you ever pay compliments to strangers?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Jul 2019, 23:07

I've said it to women a few times, and they always took it well. Thanked me, felt genuinely flattered. One young lady gave me a big smile and said, "You are so sweet!" But it never led to anything and I never expected it would.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Jul 2019, 00:19

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jul 2019, 00:40

GoogaMooga wrote: But it never led to anything and I never expected it would.

You're a virgin, aren't you? No shame in that. All those comic books and quirky albums. Not saying a good lay will answer all your problems but it'd be something to finally take off your bucket list.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jul 2019, 02:26

Jimbo wrote:You're a virgin, aren't you? No shame in that. All those comic books and quirky albums. Not saying a good lay will answer all your problems but it'd be something to finally take off your bucket list.

That's what your mom said.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 29 Jul 2019, 09:19

I guess it depends on the time and place. If you're in a 1950s U.S. sitcom, "gosh, you sure are pretty" may well be appropriate.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jul 2019, 09:47

Darkness_Fish wrote:I guess it depends on the time and place. If you're in a 1950s U.S. sitcom, "gosh, you sure are pretty" may well be appropriate.

I see your point. Maybe "Grrrrrrr," would be more appropriate.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Jul 2019, 15:11

Jimbo wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote: But it never led to anything and I never expected it would.

You're a virgin, aren't you? No shame in that. All those comic books and quirky albums. Not saying a good lay will answer all your problems but it'd be something to finally take off your bucket list.

Ha ha, fuck off, Jimbo. Even geeks get laid, you know.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 29 Jul 2019, 15:14

For the record, I've had two girlfriends. Not bad for a comic collecting Asperger.

The Great Defecator

Postby The Great Defecator » 29 Jul 2019, 23:15

I tell em and tehn i bought them a pint. worksevery time.
The Great Defector wrote:"'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"Oskar whilde.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Jul 2019, 23:27

Jimbo wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:I guess it depends on the time and place. If you're in a 1950s U.S. sitcom, "gosh, you sure are pretty" may well be appropriate.

I see your point. Maybe "Grrrrrrr," would be more appropriate.

Gosh, Jimbo, you sure Grrrrr pretty.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 30 Jul 2019, 00:02

Jimbo wrote:And fat people know they're fat. They're probably mentally obsessing about it 24/7. How come it wouldn't be right to outright talk about their weight, get the subject done with and then and talk about sports or conspiracies. "Must be hard for someone like you to find a good pair of jeans." "Building Seven. Believe that shit?"

Meant to respond to this before. Speaking as a fat person: I know I'm fat, and I'm not particularly sensitive about that fact. But when I meet a stranger who just assumes that it's okay to "go there" - or for that matter assumes that this is something worth bringing up in a first conversation - I invariably assume that I'm dealing with an insensitive, insensible clod who probably isn't worth getting to know better.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 Jul 2019, 00:35

Charlie O. wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And fat people know they're fat. They're probably mentally obsessing about it 24/7. How come it wouldn't be right to outright talk about their weight, get the subject done with and then and talk about sports or conspiracies. "Must be hard for someone like you to find a good pair of jeans." "Building Seven. Believe that shit?"

Meant to respond to this before. Speaking as a fat person: I know I'm fat, and I'm not particularly sensitive about that fact. But when I meet a stranger who just assumes that it's okay to "go there" - or for that matter assumes that this is something worth bringing up in a first conversation - I invariably assume that I'm dealing with an insensitive, insensible clod who probably isn't worth getting to know better.

Ever get greeted with, "Hey big guy!"

I'm fat too. Well, actually, I'm just right now getting out of two and a half months at a rehab hospital - waiting for my wife to pick me up - where due to enforced small meals and proscribed eating times I have managed to lose 10 K. I'd like to keep it off but my apartment is not staffed with hard-assed nurses and a locked kitchen. Though I still walk like Chester I do like the way I look when not galloomping about. Sorry if I hurt your feelings Charlie.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 30 Jul 2019, 03:39

Jimbo wrote:Ever get greeted with, "Hey big guy!"

Yes. :x

Jimbo wrote:Sorry if I hurt your feelings Charlie.

Thanks - you didn't at all. BUT: a) I know you (sorta), and b) you weren't directing the post at me anyway.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 30 Jul 2019, 06:54

Charlie O. wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Sorry if I hurt your feelings Charlie.

Thanks - you didn't at all. BUT: a) I know you (sorta), and b) you weren't directing the post at me anyway.

No problem big guy. ;)