Questions, five in total

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: Questions, five in total

Postby Still Baron » 20 Jul 2019, 01:04

I’m glad to find people broadly in agreement with my aversion to the hotel minibar!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 22 Jul 2019, 18:59

I do believe that "perverted" has pretty much disappeared from common parlance. You rarely hear "pervert" because everything apart from paedophilia and bestiality is now acceptable in a social context

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 22 Jul 2019, 22:59

I was put up at the Four Seasons in Georgetown (basically Washington D.C.) for a week so I could attend a training thing for work.

Every evening I emptied the mini-bar and put my own leftovers, drinks, etc. in, replacing it with the hotel's stock before I left in the morning.

Little did I know the mini-bar had, like, an electric eye thing and charges you as soon as you remove an item, so that by the end of the week I had hundreds of dollars' worth of charges, despite not having consumed a thing.

They were nice about it and took the charges off without debate. But it was weird.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.