Say Yes to the Dress ?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10712
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Samoan » 04 Jun 2019, 19:45

Image

Family fashion ... Eric, Lara, Donald Jr, Ivanka in baby blue, Jared and Tiffany in claret at the state banquet at Buckingham Palace. Photograph: @ivankatrump/Instagram
Last edited by Samoan on 04 Jun 2019, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10712
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Samoan » 04 Jun 2019, 19:49

The only outfit I'd wear is that of Lara Trump except her gloves are ill fitting and should be in a matt fabric.

I'm canvassing opinions far and wide.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

User avatar
Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure
Posts: 53366
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:04
Location: New York

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Snarfyguy » 04 Jun 2019, 19:54

Who the hell invited Tiffany?

I thought they had her locked up in a tower or something.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10712
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Samoan » 04 Jun 2019, 19:56

It's a family junket don't ye know.

I must admit, I had to google who she was.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39344
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: HAIL, ATLANTA!

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Count Machuki » 04 Jun 2019, 20:17

What a collection of assholes. Fuck these people.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 43580
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Still Baron » 04 Jun 2019, 20:36

There was a pathetic story in the NYT about President Trump’s reverence for the royals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/worl ... amily.html
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6733
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Jun 2019, 22:06

Ivanka looks very nice in that dress.

Understated but classy. (Though sure to have cost a fortune of course.)

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10712
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Samoan » 04 Jun 2019, 23:14

Lord Rother wrote:Ivanka looks very nice in that dress.

Understated but classy. (Though sure to have cost a fortune of course.)


She is a very pretty girl, I agree, but you've got her gown choice all wrong.

It's a strategic dress - a frumpy, floor length, long sleeved afternoon tea dress (no such thing exists - before now).
She should be wearing an evening gown for a banquet but she would outshine her step mum the First Lady, if she wore anything fitted and off the shoulder.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 1920
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Rorschach » 05 Jun 2019, 10:13

Samoan wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Ivanka looks very nice in that dress.

Understated but classy. (Though sure to have cost a fortune of course.)


She is a very pretty girl, I agree, but you've got her gown choice all wrong.

It's a strategic dress - a frumpy, floor length, long sleeved afternoon tea dress (no such thing exists - before now).
She should be wearing an evening gown for a banquet but she would outshine her step mum the First Lady, if she wore anything fitted and off the shoulder.


I agree. That's a very frumpy dress. She looks like a member of the Shaggs going to her first dance.

Mind you, Jared looks exactly right in his outfit. He always has that look and air of inbred fuckwittery that makes him look like an authentic British ex-public schoolboy.

And all in the same place at the same time? Where's the flamethrower when you need it?
Bugger off.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6733
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Jun 2019, 14:14

It isn’t frumpy at all, it is elegance personified.

A lady doesn’t have to be showing acres of flesh to look great.

(IMHO)

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 10712
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Samoan » 05 Jun 2019, 17:52

Lord Rother wrote:It isn’t frumpy at all, it is elegance personified.

A lady doesn’t have to be showing acres of flesh to look great.

(IMHO)

As it turns out, you're in tune with Guardian journalist, Jess Cartner-Morley and bang on fashion point! That's me telled.

" For the evening banquet, Ivanka chose a baby blue shirt dress by Carolina Herrera. That this is a more sophisticated, stately choice than the actual first lady’s sparkly white is worth noting, perhaps. It is Ivanka’s ability to get this stuff right that makes her the scariest Trump of all."

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/jun/04/dressed-to-distress-fashion-statements-of-the-trumps-on-tour
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

User avatar
Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013
Posts: 39344
Joined: 11 Jun 2005, 15:28
Location: HAIL, ATLANTA!

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Count Machuki » 05 Jun 2019, 18:21

Samoan wrote:"It is Ivanka’s ability to get this stuff right that makes her the scariest Trump of all."


Oh, yeah, that fashion savvy is WAY scarier than that Donald's finger on the nuclear button.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 6733
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Say Yes to the Dress ?

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Jun 2019, 21:54

Samoan wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:It isn’t frumpy at all, it is elegance personified.

A lady doesn’t have to be showing acres of flesh to look great.

(IMHO)

As it turns out, you're in tune with Guardian journalist, Jess Cartner-Morley and bang on fashion point! That's me telled.

" For the evening banquet, Ivanka chose a baby blue shirt dress by Carolina Herrera. That this is a more sophisticated, stately choice than the actual first lady’s sparkly white is worth noting, perhaps. It is Ivanka’s ability to get this stuff right that makes her the scariest Trump of all."

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/jun/04/dressed-to-distress-fashion-statements-of-the-trumps-on-tour


There’s a 1st time for everything! :lol: