Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: reap

Postby Lord Rother » 16 May 2019, 06:54

Jeez. So very sorry for your (and the world’s) loss. :cry:

robertff

Postby robertff » 16 May 2019, 07:12

Terrible for you. Condolences, from one music lover to another.

The Dríver
Hippy Replacement

Postby The Dríver » 16 May 2019, 10:55

Oh Lord, no. I'm so sorry. Love and condolences to you
He's a simpleton. 200 years ago they wouldn't have let him milk a cow.

Nuts

Postby Nuts » 16 May 2019, 11:09

That's awful, no age at all - keep strong and my condolences
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 16 May 2019, 11:27

I'm so sorry to hear this, Kath. Your love for him has always been radiantly evident. My deepest condolences.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 16 May 2019, 19:17

Jeez. Shocked to read this. I know you had found your soulmate and can only imagine the hole in your life. But you know you are among friends here and we're here for you always. Sending love your way.
We're way past rhubarb

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 17 May 2019, 17:32

I’m stunned, This is awful news. You guys were perfect for each other and your love for each other was obvious just from your posts. I hope you can stay strong, Kath.

Xxxxxx

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 18 May 2019, 14:20

Wow, that's awful. I don't make an effort to make friends on internet boards anymore, but I enjoyed interacting with him. Always a pleasure talking to someone who knows his music and is a nice person who immediately makes you feel comfortable. So sorry for your loss, Kath.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 20 May 2019, 22:08

Kath

I’m really sorry to hear this. It’s terrible news and I can’t think what to say. Reap was a really cool guy.

Butch Manly
Utter Cad

Postby Butch Manly » 22 May 2019, 10:38

Dearest Kath

I've know about this awful news for several days and have taken my time, trying to find the right words to say, but I simply can't. I will simply say Reap seemed like such a good guy and so right for you. I'm so, so sorry. Take care of yourself. x
Goatboy to Belle:

"I suggest you retreat to the safety of your Facebook bubble. Griff has a post he needs you to like."

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 May 2019, 17:02

Kath, we love you and we’re all here just hanging out waiting for you whenever you’re ready.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

algroth

Postby algroth » 23 May 2019, 22:50

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you're doing well, Kath. Rest in peace, Reap.

billy
A pound

Postby billy » 24 May 2019, 20:34

I am so sorry to read this, Kath. I am wishing you all the comfort possible. Always cherish the memories x

RIP, Reap
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 06:23

Reap this. Reap that. Jesus, Kath, it seemed like sometimes all I heard from you was about Reap. And now he's gone, really gone, I'm so sorry for you. We're here for you, babe.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 02 Jun 2019, 05:40

Way too young, way too soon. It's just so sad, I don't know what more to say. Other than that I know you've already had more burdens in life than seems right.

"That government governs best that governs least."

Moleskin
Location: We began to notice that we could be free, And we moved together to the West.

Postby Moleskin » 03 Jun 2019, 21:20

So sorry to hear this kath.

RIp Reap.
@hewsim
-the artist formerly known as comrade moleskin-
-the unforgettable waldo jeffers-

Jug Band Music
my own music

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 20 Jun 2019, 22:42

thank you everyone for such lovely and supportive messages. i appreciate all of em more than i can ever express.

i just got my internet connection back. i really shouldn't go off on comcast. maybe later, although they redeemed themselves in the end. after a court order.

being able to look at a screen and type words... yeah. i will have many things to say, other than the fact that i already know how y'all are, deep in the core. this thread moves me. and i have been so moved after the beezle passed.

anyway, this will take some time. i'm sorry it's taken this long to be able to respond. but even though i am sure most of ye will know my philosophy and arrant, fanatical love for reap... even though most of ye know how i feel about enduring love... i'm gonna start with something more... technical.

in the last two months, i have had to deal with a mind-blowing amount of creditors, bankers, insurance types, etc. i was and am clueless about all of it. reap handled everything. all accounts. cue fantastic HR dept folk at his work, me hiring a probate lawyer, a gazillion tons of legal red tape... hard to explain. add to that the fact that i will be moving back to new orleans, and a house of twenty years will get reduced to two rooms and some storage. upshot: chaos.

sooo, please excuse me if my message right this very now is this: i don't care how old or young you are, what yer relationships are like, how many children you have (two-legged, four-legged, befeathered, etc) or none of the above, PLEASE listen to me. if you haven't already, find a lawyer tomorrow. asap. seriously. make yer wishes known, ALL of em, as specifically as possible, about EVERYTHING. honestly. spare yer beluvveds from having to deal with all the crap while they are grieving and not in the best place to handle all of it.

reap was 49. i am 55, and i was always the one spazzin out, tearing rotator cuffs and knee tendons, catching every microbe that floated near me. we never thought it was urgent that he do this stuff, although we did talk about it. in an -ish way.

but zappp, he was gone. (from this earth, but never from MY reality).

get it done. now. trust me on this.

that being said, please don't worry about me and attila. reap left me a life insurance policy. i never even knew about it. he never told me. not that this surprises me... such a generous, loving man. but it means attila and i will be okay, for some time to come.

thanks again, everyone. i will add more. much more. (heh.) i'm so glad to be typing on a keyboard instead of texting. not as glad as i have been reading over this thread.

love to everyone.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Jun 2019, 23:49

Love to you too, lady.
Xxxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 21 Jun 2019, 01:13

Wow. That is hard to read.
Glad you're on the up. I hope you find happiness wherever you shine your light. And don't forget that if you ever need help.....just ask!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 21 Jun 2019, 03:12

kath wrote:sooo, please excuse me if my message right this very now is this: i don't care how old or young you are, what yer relationships are like, how many children you have (two-legged, four-legged, befeathered, etc) or none of the above, PLEASE listen to me. if you haven't already, find a lawyer tomorrow. asap. seriously. make yer wishes known, ALL of em, as specifically as possible, about EVERYTHING. honestly. spare yer beluvveds from having to deal with all the crap while they are grieving and not in the best place to handle all of it.

Amen to all of this.

My parents got this all as sorted out as could be before my Mom died. And even so, when she did die, my Dad spent the next several months getting her estate/trust/etc. squared away. And that was WITH all of her shit being in writing and notarized and whatever else. I'm glad he was here to deal with it because a) it gave him something to distract him at least a little from the grief of losing a partner he'd known literally his whole life, and b) if it had been up to me I wouldn't have had a clue where to begin.

So yeah - do get it together, folks.

kath, I've said it before, and I'll say it as many times and as often as you want to hear it and then some - I/we all love you to pieces. xoxo