Farage

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Farage

Postby Deebank » 14 May 2019, 09:54

Cometh the hour....

Clearly he is a dangerous man but the question is have we reached 'peak Farage' yet?

It amazes me that people take the clown seriously and yet, to be fair he is playing a very canny game at the moment, like the Blair/Campbell years everything is scripted and carefully controlled. It's all about 'democracy', 'betrayal by the political class' and 'the will of the people'. Anything outside this narrow, restricted meme-set is shouted down (see Sunday\s Andrew Marr show) and bloviated over (see QT last week). Fair play to Marr managing to ask the questions but my feeling is that not one Farage supporter will have changed their mind as a result.

In the past he has been hilariously gaffe-prone, but so far this time he has been managing to keep a relatively clean sheet. Notwithstanding his Partridgesque scarpering from a car crash near Westerham last week (which didn't seem to get much traction in the press) and The Guardian's slightly desperate 'antisemitic tropes' stuff.

It will be interesting to see how well he does in the Euro elections. A lot depends on how the remain vote gets divided up I suppose, but anything less than a Farage Landslide is going to look like failure now.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Re: Farage

Postby Toby » 14 May 2019, 12:30

He's not a clown for starters.

He's a very canny political operator in many ways but I think he lacks the nous and charm to get over the finishing line as it were. His continued failure to become an MP for UKIP will haunt him, but things might be different with the Brexit party. The political landscape has shifted considerably since then.

As long as the Tories or Labour make no headway with Brexit, his hand will strengthen. But whether it might make a difference at a General Election is very difficult to say. Within the context of the E elections, they are essentially a one topic vote.

Farage is arguably the most successful British politician of the last few years given that the rising success of UKIP forced Cameron to call the Referendum without actually being an MP. That is what UKIP set out in their manifesto.

If Brexit does happen, and I'm inclined to think that it will in some form, then Farage could justifiably take the "credit" for it in a way.

Personally I think he's a bit of a grotty scrote with I suspect some rather grim views. The fact remains though that his clear perspective on Brexit at a time when so many politicians and parties are divided is what is driving his popularity.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 14 May 2019, 13:17

Campaign for Racial Equality head, Trevor Philips, wrote a very insightful piece on NF (oh dear, those initials!) in today's TImes.

Much as I detest the man and his views, one only had to compare him against Change's Anna Soubry on last week's Question Time to see why his cant resonates with a certain type of voter while she struggles to get her perfectly reasonable views to chime with anyone.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 May 2019, 14:38

Toby wrote:He's not a clown for starters.

He's a very canny political operator in many ways

Is there an echo in here? :?

As long as the Tories or Labour make no headway with Brexit, his hand will strengthen. But whether it might make a difference at a General Election is very difficult to say. Within the context of the E elections, they are essentially a one topic vote.

Indeed he's poling at around 10% when it comes to GE opinion with Labour leading on 34% - all the usual caveats apply of course.

I'm not sure how many more undecided voters there are though, as I said above, have we hit 'peak Farage' yet? We can't be far off surely.

One significant Brexit Party factor is that it seems to be being infiltrated by ex Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) / Spiked entryists which is weird but perhaps not surprising. Spiked has that very anti-EU, tedious anti-PC, global warming denier thing at the heart of its schtick.

What a bunch of chancers :lol: There's more on this here:

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/05/13/astroturfers-of-britain-part-two-who-is-behind-brexit-party-recruitment-and-its-pr-makeover/
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 14 May 2019, 16:59

He certainly kept this quiet

Martin Webster Leader of the NF on the right.

Whose the young lad on his right?
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 14 May 2019, 19:17

It's not only his taste in hats that hasn't changed then... If it's him.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 May 2019, 09:12

Copehead wrote:He certainly kept this quiet

He doesn't appear to have both feet.... he probably leans sharply to the right as a result.

Ho hum.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt.
Only four, Mr President, and you don't have my vote.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 15 May 2019, 09:35

Copehead wrote:He certainly kept this quiet

Do we know that's him? I'm not sure it is.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 15 May 2019, 12:24

Why is Hugh Cornwell marching with them? - that's what I want to know.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 20 May 2019, 09:28

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 20 May 2019, 15:28

Nigel Farage has been hit by a milkshake in Newcastle city centre, after a spate of similar incidents against far-right candidates in the European elections campaign.

The Brexit party leader appeared to be furious after the incident and was heard to mutter “it’s a complete failure, you could have spotted that a mile” as his security team led him away.

Partridge twat. :lol:

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 20 May 2019, 15:35

Deebank wrote:
Nigel Farage has been hit by a milkshake in Newcastle city centre, after a spate of similar incidents against far-right candidates in the European elections campaign.

The Brexit party leader appeared to be furious after the incident and was heard to mutter “it’s a complete failure, you could have spotted that a mile” as his security team led him away.

You'd enjoy the Accidental Partridge twitter account.

Milkshakes are great because they don't cause physical harm just ridicule; from now on far right twats in the UK are going to live in fear of going viral looking like a bukkake lover.

Do you ever answer your emails by the way?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 21 May 2019, 15:28

Copehead wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Milkshakes are great because they don't cause physical harm just ridicule;

The only ridicule will be directed at the idiot who threw it. When will you ever learn?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 21 May 2019, 16:10

The Modernist wrote:
Copehead wrote:
Deebank wrote:

Milkshakes are great because they don't cause physical harm just ridicule;

The only ridicule will be directed at the idiot who threw it. When will you ever learn?

Not in my media bubble, in my media bubble throwing milkshakes over the far right is now a thing and everyone loves it because it makes fools of them and it is difficult to get too upset by someone having a milk shake poured on them. Obviously in your media bubble you are tremendously upset by the ruination of Farage's and Yaxley-Lennon's suits.

Considering the total lack of interest when Corbyn was physically assaulted and punched in the head by a man who had threatened to kill left wing politicians on line and who had planned the attack and hidden in a Mosque to attack him, the amount of hand bag clutching and panty wetting because Farage had a milkshake, banana and salted caramel from 5 Guys FYI, poured on him is risible.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 21 May 2019, 16:13

Would you be okay with milkshakes being thrown over Corbyn?

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 21 May 2019, 16:19

The Modernist wrote:Would you be okay with milkshakes being thrown over Corbyn?

Yes, I would even be relatively sanguine about a thrown egg but draw the line with punching in the head which is what happened here. The guy's going down for it; it was treated very seriously by the police and rightly so, it was a vicious unprovoked assault on a 70 year old man that would have made the Daily Mail lose its shit if it had been a random pensioner and a foreign mugger.
But rightwingers should get their own meme, we own milkshakes.

What really plays into Farage and the far right's victim mentality is him being investigated for illegal payments by the electoral commission and fraud by the EU. Do you want those suspended in case it upsets his supporters too?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 21 May 2019, 16:44

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Throwing a milkshake over someone is a puerile and immature action that no thinking, responsible adult should indulge in. As a political gesture it is the very definition of impotence because it achieves absolutely nothing. Not one Farage supporter is likely to have their mind changed by that and in fact it risks eliciting sympathy for him and so is entirely counter-productive.
Have some dignity, behave with a bit of class and remember the values that made you left wing in the first place. That is all.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 21 May 2019, 17:07

The Modernist wrote:Don't be fucking ridiculous.

Throwing a milkshake over someone is a puerile and immature action that no thinking, responsible adult should indulge in. As a political gesture it is the very definition of impotence because it achieves absolutely nothing. Not one Farage supporter is likely to have their mind changed by that and in fact it risks eliciting sympathy for him and so is entirely counter-productive.
Have some dignity, behave with a bit of class and remember the values that made you left wing in the first place. That is all.

You obviously haven't seen the original milkshake pouring incident with Yaxley-Lennon then; it is one of the funniest, most mature and most cogent political responses I have seen in a long while. Google it.

Poor guy standing there facing a long, nasty, hectoring diatribe from Yaxley-Lennon while he drinks a milkshake just eventually loses patience and without even a change of expression or taking his other hand out of his pocket he just tips a milkshake over the cunts head.

It was absolute perfection; obviously the recent milkshakings of these rightwing scum bags are just pale imitations of this first sublime act of political criticism, for which the guy got beaten up, but they are a way of protesting the violent far right without engaging them in fists or screaming matches, and these scumbags are running scared because they know it turns them into figures of fun rather than figures of authority or fear, especially when they react with violence or petulance.

It is a brilliant form of non-violent direct action and I fully support it. If someone had poured a milkshake over Hitler's head in Munich the second world war probably wouldn't have happened, but I am not sure they had the required triple thick milkshakes in those days, so millions died.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 22 May 2019, 11:43

"Even if the Brexit party romps home in Thursday’s polls, the final sound ringing in Farage’s ears won’t be applause and cheers. It will be the screeching laughter of the boy following him as he squelched his way out of Newcastle city centre and back to a taxi."

:lol: Arf... Moddie does have a point though.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 22 May 2019, 21:30

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9132151/nigel-farage-brexit-bus-people-milkshakes/

Nigel Farage ‘trapped on Brexit bus due to people armed with milkshakes’

NIGEL Farage reportedly refused to get off his Brexit Party bus today because people gathered around it were carrying milkshakes.

Farage looked anxious as it was reported he refused to leave his bus after people were thought to have milkshakes nearby

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on G this fucking hilarious, get with the Milkshake revolution.

The far right cowering on buses from milkshake wielding hordes