The Doctor is On

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Blanche Hunt

The Doctor is On

Postby Blanche Hunt » 01 May 2019, 11:12

They say you shouldn't overly search your health concerns on line, don't they, or you'll work yourself up into a right old lather.

What do you think ?
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

trans-chigley express

Re: The Doctor is On

Postby trans-chigley express » 01 May 2019, 11:39

I think it’s true. I’ve searched various minor symptoms on line and become convinced I’ve only got a week to live.

Blanche Hunt

Postby Blanche Hunt » 01 May 2019, 12:23

trans-chigley express wrote:I think it’s true. I’ve searched various minor symptoms on line and become convinced I’ve only got a week to live.

So apart from hanging on by a thread, have you ever found it useful ?

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 01 May 2019, 16:35

Samoan wrote:So apart from hanging on by a thread, have you ever found it useful ?

Yes I have, there is plenty of useful
and accurate information available online, but it pays not to delve too deeply and concentrate too much on the worst case scenario for your symptoms. Visiting a real doctor is ultimately the better option and you should always do that before going for the diagnosis by Dr. Google route.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 01 May 2019, 19:52

Just as paranoiacs sometimes have enemies, so hypochondriacs sometimes have diseases.

Blanche Hunt

Postby Blanche Hunt » 02 May 2019, 14:04

Positive Passion wrote:Just as paranoiacs sometimes have enemies, so hypochondriacs sometimes have diseases.

Yes indeed but do you perhaps think on-line searching fuels the fire of those who are abnormally anxious about their health and may actually exacerbate their anxiety and symptoms ?

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 02 May 2019, 22:30

Samoan wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:Just as paranoiacs sometimes have enemies, so hypochondriacs sometimes have diseases.

Yes indeed but do you perhaps think on-line searching fuels the fire of those who are abnormally anxious about their health and may actually exacerbate their anxiety and symptoms ?

Yes of course - I was just quoting from Alan Bennet's "Habeus Corpus", a play I was in at school 35 years ago.