Easter Sunday Food

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Easter Sunday Food

Postby Lord Rother » 21 Apr 2019, 10:14

What are you having? Any family traditions?

Roast leg of Lamb for me. Chargrilled pineapple tart of some description. No chocolate coz I finished it yesterday. Few pints later.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: Easter Sunday Food

Postby kath » 21 Apr 2019, 10:28

ham. green beans with andouille. taytas, however reap wants em. (taytas are just alllll groovy.) homemade rolls. (reap's the baker here.) cherry pie. lushery, rare for us on a sunday, but fucque it.

happy happy, people. whatever you think of the holiday, there is always love and hope.

(i'm gonna hide the candy in, well, air vents and whatnot. if you can't spot in extreme fashion, you don't deserve candy. defaults to me. that is all.)

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Apr 2019, 12:50

Easter is a big deal here, at least in a secular way. Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, and Easter Monday are all holidays. And many people also have the Saturday off, so it's a chance to travel. Also an excuse to gorge on food. I don't follow any traditions, but I will usually have roast lamb at least once. Easter eggs are a bit of a rip-off. Most of them are hollow, and really, there are better ways to get a chocolate fix. The big breweries will sell their Easter Brews for a limited time. But I am teetotal.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 21 Apr 2019, 14:56

It's the only time I look forward to ham.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 22 Apr 2019, 09:01

We had roast lamb, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, peas and roast celeriac (strange flavour but it was very tasty) for main.
Pavlova meringue thing with cream, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries for pud. Adult (party of nine) Easter egg hunt was a hoot although I was too full to eat any of them but I was given a Lindt chocolate bunny to take home with me.