Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 06 Apr 2019, 23:14

So this is the gig ....

I'm after a CD player that I can plug into active speakers but it has to be via digital optical output (not coaxial, not RCA, etc.)

Not as easy as it sounds. I can see the Marantz 5005/6006 are options but, to be honest, I'm after something with a smaller footprint.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Let the tumbleweed commence

xx
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24090
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby never/ever » 06 Apr 2019, 23:23

I know Denon do a range of CD-players with digital output. Did you check them out?
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 06 Apr 2019, 23:25

*googles furiously* :)
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 24090
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby never/ever » 06 Apr 2019, 23:29

kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 06 Apr 2019, 23:30

never/ever wrote:https://www.au.denon.com/au/product/hifi/cdsacdplayer/dcd800ne


I was just eyeing up exactly that 8-)
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3765
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby TG » 06 Apr 2019, 23:50

I think most CD player/recorders have digital. Mine does (it’s a Pioneer). And while I never use it to record, I have never heard a better sounding CD player.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 06 Apr 2019, 23:53

TG wrote:I think most CD player/recorders have digital. Mine does (it’s a Pioneer). And while I never use it to record, I have never heard a better sounding CD player.


Very true, but I'm hunting for optical, rather than coaxial or HDMI or whatever *thumbs up emoticon*
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3765
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby TG » 07 Apr 2019, 00:00

billy wrote:
TG wrote:I think most CD player/recorders have digital. Mine does (it’s a Pioneer). And while I never use it to record, I have never heard a better sounding CD player.


Very true, but I'm hunting for optical, rather than coaxial or HDMI or whatever *thumbs up emoticon*


Apologies. I should have said optical. That is what mine has.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 07 Apr 2019, 00:12

TG wrote:
billy wrote:
TG wrote:I think most CD player/recorders have digital. Mine does (it’s a Pioneer). And while I never use it to record, I have never heard a better sounding CD player.


Very true, but I'm hunting for optical, rather than coaxial or HDMI or whatever *thumbs up emoticon*


Apologies. I should have said optical. That is what mine has.


What model out of interest?
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
TG
Posts: 3765
Joined: 30 May 2006, 23:41
Location: Boss Angeles

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby TG » 07 Apr 2019, 00:16

billy wrote:What model out of interest?


PDR-609. I’ve had it for years - more than 10 - and it just keeps working.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 30233
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby Minnie the Minx » 07 Apr 2019, 00:54

Hello Billy Willy Woo!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

User avatar
billy
A pound
Posts: 1520
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 23:47
Location: Dulag luft

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby billy » 07 Apr 2019, 22:14

Minnie the Minx wrote:Hello Billy Willy Woo!


:D

Hope you're still having a right fun old time with all the twanging!
mantochanga wrote:Dave Bartram from Showaddywaddy - on telly every week, but most people didn't even know his name. No burdening us with his issues or personal life, just a straightforward entertainer. Navvy!

User avatar
The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony
Posts: 45429
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 18:32
Location: A Metropolis of Discontent

Re: Only come here when I want help - hee hee -- CD Player advice

Postby The Prof » 08 Apr 2019, 11:15

CDs?

How quaint.