4 squirrels, dressed n cut up in desired pieces
1 1/2 cups baking mix
3 teaspoons season all
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
enough oil to come to bout a inch or so in cast iron skillet

How to make it

Wash squirrel well n make sure no shot left anywhere.
In ziplock bag place baking mix n all the seasoning and shake well till mixed
Over meduim high heat , heat oil in skillet.
Add a few pieces of squuirrel at a time to seasoned baking mix, shaking well so pieces are well coated.
Fry squirrel in hot oil till nice n golden brown.
Place in large pan, cover with foil when all the squirrel has been fried and place in 250 degree oven n slowly cook till tender apox. 2 hours.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: Squirrels

Postby harvey k-tel » 30 Mar 2019, 03:37

Here you go, Jimbo. Happy hunting-u!

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Mar 2019, 04:57

The only cookbook I've ever read (or even looked at, pretty much) was one of recipes you could make on long car trips where you could cook the food by its proximity to the engine.

I forget if there were any recipes for roadkill.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 30 Mar 2019, 09:58

The Prof wrote:I remember when they used to help you cross the road.

And we're all the better for it.

Give a shit or be a shit.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 30 Mar 2019, 11:52

kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Mar 2019, 14:05

harvey k-tel wrote:My neighbourhood, Trinity-Bellwoods, is famous for its white squirrels. There’s aren't many and it feels like a bit of a blessing to see one. If you ever come her I'll take you on a white squirrel hunt (pictures only, please).

I love squirrels, but my parents HATED them. My dad kept a pellet rifle so he could shoot them in some vain attempt to keep them off their heavily treed property. I honestly don't know why he bothered, because other than digging up the occasional tulip bulb, I don't think they ever did any damage to the house.

Oh god! They’re gorgeous!
Their face looks different somehow to normal squirrels?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Apr 2019, 00:17

Looks like a white rat to me. I don't have a garden or extensive flower beds at my current place so I've had a truce for two years but I don't like them. Rats in a fancy suit imo.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Apr 2019, 12:28

Six String wrote:Looks like a white rat to me. I don't have a garden or extensive flower beds at my current place so I've had a truce for two years but I don't like them. Rats in a fancy suit imo.

:(

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 02 Apr 2019, 12:41

Hey, Ellie-May, if you like the critters so damn much come to Japan and visit Squirrel Village where you can, wearing appropriately thickened gloves, hand feed dozens of them and then split having seen up close enough squirrels to last a lifetime.

Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Apr 2019, 02:15

Our friends have a website where they stream all the cameras in their back garden. Watching the squirrels on their beds, waking up in a morning, kissing, stretching, hugging, yawning and building families is one of the best parts of my day. There’s also the grim stuff though Like when ringtails pop into their nests and steal all their babies to eat and Mum Squirrel comes back going ‘what the fuck?’

Dr Markus wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 03 Apr 2019, 16:08

There are black ones in DC - apparently a bunch were initially a gift from Canada for the National Zoo and they multiplied like crazy. The National Cathedral grounds are loaded with them.

I love our local squirrels, Secret and Squirrel Girl. They crack my daughter up and they don't really run away until you get really close. Visitors from S. America are fascinated by them, too.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 Apr 2019, 16:17

Count Machuki wrote:There are black ones in DC - apparently a bunch were initially a gift from Canada for the National Zoo and they multiplied like crazy. The National Cathedral grounds are loaded with them.

I love our local squirrels, Secret and Squirrel Girl. They crack my daughter up and they don't really run away until you get really close. Visitors from S. America are fascinated by them, too.

Ace! I didn’t see that was a nut at first, and thought it was a really huge tongue :D

Dr Markus wrote:

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 03 Apr 2019, 16:57

Count Machuki wrote:There are black ones in DC - apparently a bunch were initially a gift from Canada for the National Zoo and they multiplied like crazy. The National Cathedral grounds are loaded with them.

Yeah we have the black ones in NYC too although not up in Westchester County.
I'm sort of torn at times they are like rats, especially under a bird feeder. Then at other times they look cute and fun to watch chasing each other.