Squirrels

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Squirrels

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Mar 2019, 00:50

Animals are all ace, but over the past few years I've become more and more attached to squirrels. I could watch the little bastards for hours. Red, grey, anything. What score would you give squirrels, with 1/10 being the worst, and 10 being the best?

I'm going to give them a full TEN.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Jimbo

Re: Squirrels

Postby Jimbo » 29 Mar 2019, 01:54

Sorry but chipmunks beat squirrels hands down.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

mentalist (slight return)
under mi sensi

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 29 Mar 2019, 04:05

one syllable eh skwerls
king of the divan

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Mar 2019, 04:12

Adorable to watch. Love to play "chicken" with cars despite being really, really bad at it. If you have squirrels on your property, don't ever feed them or they will expect you to feed them all the time and get violently angry with you when you inevitably fail them. 6 out of 10.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 29 Mar 2019, 04:53

Grey squirrels 5/10
Red squirrels 9/10
The lovely "squirrels" I saw in Hokkaido which turned out to be Siberian Chipmunks 10/10

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 29 Mar 2019, 06:10

Squirrels are awesome. 9/10.

Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 29 Mar 2019, 06:36

Wankers, the lot of 'em. -1.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 29 Mar 2019, 09:29

Screw a fluffy tail on a rat, teach it to jump & eat nuts and you've got basically the same thing.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 29 Mar 2019, 09:54

Apparently the single worst animal to have a (realistic, ruling out hippos here) infestation of in your house. Very destructive.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

The Prof
Composing a revolutionary symphony

Postby The Prof » 29 Mar 2019, 09:59

I remember when they used to help you cross the road.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 29 Mar 2019, 11:28

My favourite squirrel:

Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Flower

Postby Flower » 29 Mar 2019, 12:15

Squirrels are a 9.6 very cute and sweet. We've had ones that would come and take peanuts out of our hands.

I know that they can cause issues but it's not they "know" that they are doing damage to someone's home. I would do more for our local squirrels but the creep next door and the cunt that he lives with hate all animals. We've had to call the city on them for having squirrel traps on his balcony. It seems that the 'haters' all have swinging baskets filled with sunflowers and other things that entice animals over and then scream about them being on their property.

I love all animals and despise all 'haters'.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Mar 2019, 16:52

True story. We lived in a share house and one housemate, Dave, was psychotic. He frequently stopped taking his medication and would rant and scream bible verses to the air. Once during a particularly bad episode John, another housemate and I figured we had to get him to the hospital but we couldn't coax him out of his room and into the car. While in his room I happened to look out his window and saw maybe the largest squirrel I'd ever seen. It was as big as a cat. I told John to look not saying what I was seeing. He looked and said, "Holy shit!" I then told Dave to look and he asked what he was to see. I said, "It's a giant squirrel looking for a giant nut and you're it." That relieved some of the tension and after a while we got Dave to the hospital.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Mar 2019, 18:24

Darkness_Fish wrote:Apparently the single worst animal to have a (realistic, ruling out hippos here) infestation of in your house. Very destructive.

:lol: I wouldn't rule out hippo infestations entirely. You can’t be too careful.

Anyway, I'm a city boy. "urban squirrels" are really the only ones I've ever known and urban squirrels are insane
I won't grade them since I try not to judge those with serious mental problems.
Björk says we all need to get off Facebook and go for a walk.
https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/mbva ... q097SIBlf4

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 30 Mar 2019, 00:01

Sneelock wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote:Apparently the single worst animal to have a (realistic, ruling out hippos here) infestation of in your house. Very destructive.

:lol: I wouldn't rule out hippo infestations entirely. You can’t be too careful.

Anyway, I'm a city boy. "urban squirrels" are really the only ones I've ever known and urban squirrels are insane

In New York, they will practically MUG you. They're very aggressive and will rummage through unattended belongings looking for food.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Mar 2019, 00:06

The Red Heifer wrote:My favourite squirrel:

Some artistic license there! How do you know it's supposed to be a squirrel? :lol:

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Mar 2019, 00:07

Snarfyguy wrote:
Sneelock wrote:

In New York, they will practically MUG you. They're very aggressive and will rummage through unattended belongings looking for food.

Fantastic!!!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 30 Mar 2019, 00:10

We've got different trees in our back yard that all have different sized branches. They form a canopy with our neighbour's trees into our yard and it's incredible watching the squirrels from an upstairs window, like watching them on a roller coaster, able to tackle both thin and thick branches. Sometimes our tortie will run up a tree after them but has to stop just as she realises the branch is bending, the squirrels continue to jump and run and then when they realise she can't make it any further, they turn round and start screeching. It's a squirrel Carry On!

Dr Markus wrote:

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 30 Mar 2019, 02:01

Minnie the Minx wrote:
The Red Heifer wrote:My favourite squirrel:

Some artistic license there! How do you know it's supposed to be a squirrel? :lol:

Haha, no no Roly is a Hippo! He goes to Squirrel Club!
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 30 Mar 2019, 02:06

My neighbourhood, Trinity-Bellwoods, is famous for its white squirrels. There aren't many and it feels like a bit of a blessing to see one. If you ever come her I'll take you on a white squirrel hunt (pictures only, please).

I love squirrels, but my parents HATED them. My dad kept a pellet rifle so he could shoot them in some vain attempt to keep them off their heavily treed property. I honestly don't know why he bothered, because other than digging up the occasional tulip bulb, I don't think they ever did any damage to the house.

If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.