The next UK Prime minister

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: The next UK Prime minister

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Jun 2019, 16:40

Powehi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Powehi wrote:Given that all you know about me is the almost 100% incorrect assumptions you regularly make based on my posts, how do you know that I'm not a Labour Party member myself? .

Well you'd be anti-Semitic if you were, apparently.

Suck on that.

Ah, abuse. First resort of inarticulate oafs the whole world over

No no no.

Abuse would be something like "Get fucked you cunting ignoramus".

What I posted was just throwing your own inanity back at you.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me.
I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
I'm twenty five hundred miles from where I wanna be.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 19 Jun 2019, 17:19

The Prof wrote:Rory Stewart is hoping to bring Theresa May's deal (which Europe says in the only deal) back to Parliament which has been defeated 3 times and the others are threatening No Deal which is unacceptable to Parliament.
Changing the arithmetic in Parliament via a general election or a fresh vote would seem to be the main alternatives that none of them want.
- but might be forced into.

I think the EU say that the May deal is the only deal available with her 4 red lines.
Obviously if these red lines were dropped I think another deal would be negotiable but whether the EU could be arsed to continue this process for more years is a moot point.
I'd guess they would because it would be in their best interests as long as they thought the negotiation was credible - i.e. being done by a team who could get the deal through parliament.

Labour's position was restated again today, although once again hardly headlined by the media, Reuters:

I have already made the case ... that it is now right to demand that any deal is put to a public vote. That is in line with our conference policy which agreed a public vote would be an option.”
“A ballot paper would need to contain real choices for both leave and remain voters. This will of course depend on parliament,” he said in a statement.

Same as it has been for months despite the screaming and shouting of Toxic Remainers, who I am pretty sure are keener on damaging the Labour Party than actually remaining in the EU.

Respect the result of the 2016 ballot.
Negotiate a deal to leave that can get through parliament
Put any deal to a vote.

What Labour aren't for is just stopping the Brexit process through parliamentary means or no deal at all.

It isn't a particularly nuanced or complex position, but going by the media; who generally claim that Labour has no position, constantly change their position or have a fiendishly complicated position, you'd think this was political equivalent of String Theory.

I don't think the Corbyn really cares whether there is a soft Brexit or no Brexit, like the majority of Brits he is mildly pro EU, what he really wants is a GE so that the Labour Party can put its far more compelling and popular anti-austerity message to the voters.

That is where the votes are; Brexit divides both main parties and Corbyn's policy is the only way to keep pretty much everyone on board so that more urgent problems can be addressed, I think he has played a tricky hand and a viciously hostile political media rather well, keeping Labour ahead in the GE polls and keeping the party largely, despite the ugly carping from the Blairite rump in the PLP, united.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 21 Jun 2019, 08:46

Diamond Dog wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:
Well you'd be anti-Semitic if you were, apparently.

Suck on that.

Ah, abuse. First resort of inarticulate oafs the whole world over

No no no.

Abuse would be something like "Get fucked you cunting ignoramus".

What I posted was just throwing your own inanity back at you.

Indeed.

The tossting back of a sarky remark with no substance to back it up is,
of course, far easier than actually taking the trouble to argue the perfectly
valid rebuttals with which I responded to your post on the previous page.

All very much par for the DD course.