The next UK Prime minister

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Re: The next UK Prime minister

Postby The Prof » 17 Jun 2019, 15:08

Diamond Dog wrote:Interesting that both here and on other social media platforms there seems to be this increasingly shrill/desperate group of people who seem- no matter how absolutely abysmal every Tory candidate is...and they all are, without exception- to insist on telling the world that the main threat to UK democracy/governance is a person who has absolutely no say in the running of Govt, nor is likely to for at least another 2 years or so.

Funny that, isn't it? Yomp is obviously their Guru.

There might be a snap election before the year's out.

But the language used is as if Corbyn will *sneak* into Downing Street, or plot some overthrow of the Tories right to govern is ridiculous.
If Corbn does win the next election it's because the Labour manifesto appeals to more people and more voters voted for Labour MPs.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 Jun 2019, 12:35

Geezee wrote:Jeremy Corbyn, notwithstanding his unforgivable stance on Brexit.

What's unforgivable about this stance?

“Faced with the threat of no deal and a prime minister with no mandate, the only way out of the Brexit crisis ripping our country apart is now to go back to the people. Let the people decide the country’s future, either in a general election or through a public vote on any deal agreed by parliament. For Labour any outcome has to work for our whole country, not just one side of this deliberately inflamed divide.” - Jeremy Corbyn

I am long past the point where I think our Print, TV and radio political media are doing a bad job in reporting what Corbyn actually does and says I am positive they are doing it deliberately.

You'd expect that that from the print media but for the BBC to collude in that is shameful, it has become the sort of state propaganda organ we used to laugh at other countries for having, and that started under Blair.
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 Jun 2019, 12:49

Toby wrote:
I see no Labour candidate as Corbyn is too firmly entrenched.

Translation: Corbyn is hugely popular with the 500,000+ members of the Labour Party and the hundreds of thousands of affiliated union members that make up the voters of the largest political movement in Europe.

Corbyn is in his 70s and will probably fight one more election; the person who follows him will almost certainly be female and from the centre-Left of the Party. Rebecca Long-Bailey would be my choice although someone with a bit more experience like Emily Thornbury may well beat her.

I would lay money that the Tory leadership election won't get as far as the membership as it will expose how few people actually are members, some estimates put it below 50,000 based on income, even with the influx of entryist Kippers they have got in the last couple of years whose main business seems to be to deselect anyone who appears to be to the left of Adolf Hitler.

On another matte; won't it be wonderful to have PM who cannot even answer the question "How many children have you got?" truthfully, or at all more accurately?

I am not sure whether this is because he has lost count or he is legally barred from discussing some of them.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 18 Jun 2019, 12:53

The Prof wrote:The clear winner in yesterday's leadership debate on C4

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 18 Jun 2019, 13:49

Copehead wrote:
Corbyn is in his 70s and will probably fight one more election; the person who follows him will almost certainly be female and from the centre-Left of the Party. Rebecca Long-Bailey would be my choice although someone with a bit more experience like Emily Thornbury may well beat her.

Well he or she certainly won't be Jewish, that's for sure.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Jun 2019, 19:24

Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

See that's just fucking outrageous.

You believe all the bullshit about anti-semitism being rife throughout the party then? How many Labour supporters on here would you say have displayed anti-semitic tendencies?
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 18 Jun 2019, 19:57

Sorry, DP. See below
Last edited by Powehi on 18 Jun 2019, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 18 Jun 2019, 19:58

Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Diamond Dog wrote:
You believe all the bullshit about anti-semitism being rife throughout the party then? How many Labour supporters on here would you say have displayed anti-semitic tendencies?

Not a question of what I believe. It's a question of what the Jewish Labour Movement seems to beieve...

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&dcr= ... -ElI7urywo

Diamond Dog wrote:
How many Labour supporters on here would you say have displayed anti-semitic tendencies?

Can you show me where I pointed out or even hinted that anyone did?

Er, no, I rather doubt you can.

Perhaps you might have better luck trying to explain what your baseless finger-pointing has to do with my perfectly valid observation re the unlikeliness of the next leader of the Labour party being Jewish?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 18 Jun 2019, 21:28

All you've done is link to a lot of different news stories. Which one of those specifically says the next leader of the Labour Party won't be Jewish as you claimed.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Jun 2019, 03:31

Powehi wrote:
Not a question of what I believe. It's a question of what the Jewish Labour Movement seems to beieve...

But that's not what yousaid, is it? You specifically said

Powehi wrote:Well he or she certainly won't be Jewish, that's for sure.

Which is a statement, directly attributable to you and your opinion.

If you want to infer that your statement is based upon some random Google search results (which you did, once challenged) then maybe you should have made it clear that's what your statement was based upon, as opposed to your actual statement, which is directly down to you and your opinion, with no qualifiers.

Diamond Dog wrote:
How many Labour supporters on here would you say have displayed anti-semitic tendencies?

Powehi wrote:Can you show me where I pointed out or even hinted that anyone did?

Perhaps you might have better luck trying to explain what your baseless finger-pointing has to do with my perfectly valid observation re the unlikeliness of the next leader of the Labour party being Jewish?

What you did do was state that the next leader will not be Jewish, implying strongly that you believe the Labour Party will not select a Jew because of anti-semitism throughout the party (ie- the majority of members, hence the chances of a Jewish leader being elected). I asked you to point out which of the Labour party members on here have displayed anti-semitic tendencies in the past (assuming we would be representative of the party). You chose not to answer that question. Maybe you could now?

By the way, the previous Labour leader was Milliband - who is Jewish. So, in fact, Labour has had a Jewish leader within the last three years or so. So the facts strongly suggest the next leader could well be Jewish. I have more faith in that than a random Google search.
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 19 Jun 2019, 06:53

Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Wasn’t it yourself who suggested David Milliband was a possible next leader?

Funny that.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 19 Jun 2019, 08:08

Deebank wrote:

Funny that.

Didnt suggest him as a possisble next leader at all. Merely posted that I personally thought that DM might be a good choice as long-term PM on page one of the Next PM thread on March 23 this year.

Powehi wrote:

If they want to stop a fatal fragmentation and stand any chance of getting into Government any time soon, Labour have got to get rid of Corbyn.

Personally, would like to see the saner, non-Momentum wing of the party unite behind:

David Milliband

Realistically, we will probably end up with:

Tom Watson or Chukka U

Seems that you are afflicted with the same tendency to be économique with the actualité as your brother. Funny that...
Last edited by Powehi on 19 Jun 2019, 15:42, edited 2 times in total.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 19 Jun 2019, 08:16

The Modernist wrote:All you've done is link to a lot of different news stories. Which one of those specifically says the next leader of the Labour Party won't be Jewish as you claimed.

Apologies.

Should have taken more care to include the "unlikely" wording from the last line of my reply to DD's initial response in my original post.

Careless of me not to do so, I know., but then given the morally shoddy way you yourself have bandied about highly charged phrases like "shadowy cabal" to describe "the powerful Jewish lobby" who are trying to discredit Corbyn, thought you might be a bit more understanding

From the Demonisation of Jeremy Corbyn post you started with this thread on July 26 last year (Italicised and bolded type mine)

The Modernist wrote:
Let's be clear here, what we are seeing is a coordinated campaign of vilification by the powerful Jewish lobby ( and let's not shy away from calling them that for it is what they are) and their media enablers to hound Corbyn out of office. Why? Because we are finally getting a Labour administration that is critical of Israel. This is profoundly anti-democratic, an attempt to shut down debate through smear and needs to be resisted at all costs.
Can we really afford to have a nationally elected politician dictated to by shadowy cabal in this manner? It's very disturbing.

Last edited by Powehi on 19 Jun 2019, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 19 Jun 2019, 08:53

The usual DD down the rabbit hole reply larded with "implications" and "inferences" that only he is aware of, followed by a subtle lobbing in of something totally irrelevant to the original post, and then rounded off with a generouos dollop of misplaced "as I know and you don't" condescension.

Diamond Dog wrote:
Powehi wrote:

Diamond Dog wrote:
But that's not what yousaid, is it? You specifically said

Powehi wrote:

Which is a statement, directly attributable to you and your opinion.

If you want to infer that your statement is based upon some random Google search results (which you did, once challenged) then maybe you should have made it clear that's what your statement was based upon, as opposed to your actual statement, which is directly down to you and your opinion, with no qualifiers.

It's what I said in a follow up post to your outraged reply to my original throway remark.

Have you now decreed that those who disagree with you are not allowed to submit sources that back their opinions up then? Jesus, it's no wonder fewer and fewer people are bothering to post here!

Having studied my original 11 words with an intensity deserving of a Dead Sea Scrolls scholar, you post 54 words of mangled syntax that says precisely fuck all.

Perhaps you might like to climb down from your high horse and take some time to structure your remarks into what passes for cogent sentences? As it is, the above simply makes you sound like a Poundshop version of your mate, Copehead.

Diamond Dog wrote:

Powehi wrote:Can you show me where I pointed out or even hinted that anyone did?

Diamond Dog wrote:
What you did do was state that the next leader will not be Jewish, implying strongly that you believe the Labour Party will not select a Jew because of anti-semitism throughout the party (ie- the majority of members, hence the chances of a Jewish leader being elected). I asked you to point out which of the Labour party members on here have displayed anti-semitic tendencies in the past (assuming we would be representative of the party). You chose not to answer that question. Maybe you could now?

Ah the classic DD trope of moving the goalposts. All my original post said was the Labour would not elect a Jewish leader. Any "strong implication" re "anti-semitism throughout the party" has been put their by you yourself.

Diamond Dog wrote:
I asked you to point out which of the Labour party members on here have displayed anti-semitic tendencies in the past (assuming we would be representative of the party). You chose not to answer that question. Maybe you could now?

Sorry, but I cannot point out which Labour Party members on here have displayed anti-semitic tendencies, because the last time I looked, it was not necessary to declare one's political party membership(s) before joining and posting the board. As I result, with the possible exceptions of Copehead and Deebank, I have no idea a to who is (or who is not) a Labour Party member.

Given that all you know about me is the almost 100% incorrect assumptions you regularly make based on my posts, how do you know that I'm not a Labour Party member myself?

Diamond Dog wrote:
By the way, the previous Labour leader was Milliband - who is Jewish.

Blimey, must have slept through the whole of the 2015 election! Thanks for letting me know in your usual patronising style.

Diamond Dog wrote:
So, in fact, Labour has had a Jewish leader within the last three years or so. So the facts strongly suggest the next leader could well be Jewish. I have more faith in that than a random Google search.

The facts "strongly suggest" no such thing.
Last edited by Powehi on 19 Jun 2019, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 19 Jun 2019, 09:28

Diamond Dog wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

See that's just fucking outrageous.

The idiot also ignores the fact that the last Labour leader was actually Jewish and faced blatant anti-semitism from some the very sources they are using too claim that Labour has a problem with Anti-Semitism.

Almost as if they are a moron who doesn't really think things through in their desire to attack a moderate centre left party with an economic program that would place them to the right of Ted Heath's government.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 19 Jun 2019, 09:31

Deebank wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Copehead wrote:

Funny that.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 19 Jun 2019, 12:04

Powehi wrote:Given that all you know about me is the almost 100% incorrect assumptions you regularly make based on my posts, how do you know that I'm not a Labour Party member myself? .

Well you'd be anti-Semitic if you were, apparently.

Suck on that.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 19 Jun 2019, 13:08

Rory Stewart is hoping to bring Theresa May's deal (which Europe says in the only deal) back to Parliament which has been defeated 3 times and the others are threatening No Deal which is unacceptable to Parliament.
Changing the arithmetic in Parliament via a general election or a fresh vote would seem to be the main alternatives that none of them want.
- but might be forced into.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 19 Jun 2019, 14:28

Diamond Dog wrote:
Powehi wrote:Given that all you know about me is the almost 100% incorrect assumptions you regularly make based on my posts, how do you know that I'm not a Labour Party member myself? .

Well you'd be anti-Semitic if you were, apparently.

Suck on that.

Ah, abuse. First resort of inarticulate oafs the whole world over

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 19 Jun 2019, 14:38

Copehead wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Powehi wrote:

Funny that.

It's long been known by the entire board that you're a liar, Copehead.

Sadly, it seems that you have now added casual racism to ignorance and bullying in your charm-free personality.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/maroon

Before thoughtlessly bandying around terms of abuse whose slavery-originated origins you are too lazy and stupid to look up, you might have been better advised to refer back a few posts. Had you taken a moment to do so, you'd have seen my demolition of your gurning mini-me brother's poorly researched initial post.