The next UK Prime minister

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Re: The next UK Prime minister

Postby yomptepi » 21 Jan 2020, 00:55

KeithPratt wrote:I see RLB is now getting the boot for her views on abortion because she's a Catholic.

It really is a race to the bottom for the Labour party.

Do you think there is lower to go?

They are a wretched , shambling directionless mess. All so wrapped up in themselves they couldn't form a circle, let alone a government. The divisions within the party are now so deep, and the narrative so cantankerous, I don't see any way the party can, or should survive in its current form. And all because Brain Dead Edd decided on a £3 vote, allowing in the lunatics.
You don't like me...do you?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 21 Jan 2020, 11:09

So when you Google the subject you learn that Phillips and L-B "don't agree"

However articles from The Telegraph, The Express and the Mail, (which always somehow get on the first page of Google) have headlines with "'regressive' abortion views", "'toxic' views", "sparks row".

So.... elements of the right wing British press to try and sow division and splits in the Labour party....next.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 21 Jan 2020, 11:47

No one else here see Lisa Nandy on Andrew Neil last week? Unlike Corbyn, she more than held her own and made some excellent policy points.

While very much doubt she will attract the kind of backing she needs to win this time around, would imagine she'd be pissed off if she doesn't make it into the top three. As such, she should be a good bet for the future. Assuming, of course, that Labour in its hopelessly fractious current form realistically has any kind of future.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 21 Jan 2020, 11:50

The Prof wrote:So when you Google the subject you learn that Phillips and L-B "don't agree"

However articles from The Telegraph, The Express and the Mail, (which always somehow get on the first page of Google) have headlines with "'regressive' abortion views", "'toxic' views", "sparks row".

So.... elements of the right wing British press to try and sow division and splits in the Labour party....next.

Can't honestly see how right wing papers like the Fail and the Torygraph sow division and splits in the Labour Party when no Labour voter (past or present) takes what they say remotely seriously?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 21 Jan 2020, 12:08

When only ageing Tories bought those rags, I (and I'm sure many others) would have been oblivious to their shrieking nonsense. But when the front page of Google is filled with 'information' from these publications you can read freely then some are bound to take it seriously.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 21 Jan 2020, 12:52

Powehi wrote:
Can't honestly see how right wing papers like the Fail and the Torygraph sow division and splits in the Labour Party when no Labour voter (past or present) takes what they say remotely seriously?

How seriously Labour voters take these rags I couldn't say but they do read them. If you look at the readership demographics of national newspapers it doesn't vary as much as you might expect along party political lines.
I used to do market research for The Sun and the News of the World, including their political polling and their readership was identical to the national average in voting intention.

I'm sure the constant anti-immigrant and anti-Corbyn tone of the right-wing press has worn down a percentage of Labour voters, enough to make them care more about Brexit than their own economic interests.
Bugger off.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 22 Jan 2020, 14:20

I will be voting for RLB and Burgon

Starmer is too right wing and was part of the Chicken coup with the execrable Nandy. I hope he takes a prominent role on the front bench and she fucks off to obscurity.

About time Labour had a female leader and nice that she is the strongest candidate in the field anyway.

Nice to see that horrible self-publicist Jess Phillips get the bums' rush too.

Even her own CLP didn't support her.

Precipitating endless handwringing articles in the guardian about people not listening to her because she is telling the truth. They don't listen to her because she is a narcissistic horrorshow. The would have been a debacle that would make Swinson look good.

However many times the Guardian's attempts to make a case for there being a huge political center ground fall apart in comical ruins they cannot give up the idea that if only the Labour Party became Tory-Lite again and things were marginally less evil than under the Conservatives the world would be rosy and bluebirds would sing.

as Funny Tinge and the LibDems went into death spirals the song remains the same at the poor all Grauniad.

Having a nice young lady leading the Labour Party should open the eyes of the dicks who thought it was Corbyn that was the problem for our political media not the manifesto as she gets the same beasting he did.

If you poll Labour Party policies they are popular with a majority, often even with Conservative voters, therefore the way to keep the Tories in power is demonise the Labour Party and its leaders, hence the fake anti-semitism crisis, and give the lumpenproles something to get worked up about - Brexit/immigration.

What a time to be living in, I pity the poor fucking Millenials who are going to have to do something about the clusterfuck on the horizon.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 22 Jan 2020, 16:53

Copehead wrote:
What a time to be living in, I pity the poor fucking Millenials who are going to have to do something about the clusterfuck on the horizon.

Oh, they won't do anything. Just take a selfie and whine about the fucking boomers. They don't know what doing anything is.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 22 Jan 2020, 16:57

Copehead wrote:I will be voting for RLB and Burgon

No surprises there then. Long Bailey is the continuity candidate and is keen to the " credit " for the manifesto and their " policies ".

Burgon is a thick as mince bully boy thug, who has no idea where he is most of the time.

I predict a Labour government , within six months , with a 500 seat majority.

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 23 Jan 2020, 15:22

yomptepi wrote:
Copehead wrote:I will be voting for RLB and Burgon

No surprises there then. Long Bailey is the continuity candidate and is keen to the " credit " for the manifesto and their " policies ".

Burgon is a thick as mince bully boy thug, who has no idea where he is most of the time.

I predict a Labour government , within six months , with a 500 seat majority.

Yes I noticed how she had been smeared as the continuity candidate by the Press and BBC, not allowed to be her own person, probably controlled by the brainwaves of McClusky and Milne, a puppet to be controlled by Corbyn from the shadows.

All predictably misogynistic, just because she is the candidate from the left of the party and a woman. Doesn't happen to dear old Keir despite him saying he isn't going to be moving the party rightwards, in what way is that not continuity?

I doubt she will just carry on as though nothing has happened and neither will he, we will see.

Polling shows that Labour policies are actually very popular, even with people like you, it is the demonisation of the Party and its leaders that rendered them unelectable at the election.

So great to see that carrying on so people will carry on voting against policies they agree with and for a a party who will attempt to make them poorer.
It will make me richer so I thank the Tory voting lumpenproles from the bottom of my wallet.

Sounds like a Tory, perhaps I won't vote for him then.
I'm Jay Z on a bad day, Shakespeare on my worst days

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 23 Jan 2020, 15:36

Copehead wrote:Yes I noticed how she had been smeared as the continuity candidate by the Press and BBC, not allowed to be her own person, probably controlled by the brainwaves of McClusky and Milne, a puppet to be controlled by Corbyn from the shadows.

I would suggest that it has rather more to do with her giving Jeremy's performance 10 out of 10. While I'm sure her loyalty is commendable, even you must admit it makes her look a bit out of step in this post general election period.

Seriously, the party has to go with the most credible option. The one that will give the Torys the most to worry about. I reckon they's be cockahoop if RLB got the job.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 23 Jan 2020, 19:46

Deebank wrote:
Copehead wrote:Yes I noticed how she had been smeared as the continuity candidate by the Press and BBC, not allowed to be her own person, probably controlled by the brainwaves of McClusky and Milne, a puppet to be controlled by Corbyn from the shadows.

I would suggest that it has rather more to do with her giving Jeremy's performance 10 out of 10. While I'm sure her loyalty is commendable, even you must admit it makes her look a bit out of step in this post general election period.

Seriously, the party has to go with the most credible option. The one that will give the Torys the most to worry about. I reckon they's be cockahoop if RLB got the job.

It was and is her insistence that she wrote the manifesto which makes her the continuity candidate. She has said she will not keep the same team as Corbyn and I am sure she is wise to the abject thuggery which comes with McClusky's support. Of course she is nothing like Corbyn, being educated and having been employed. She can only be an improvement. Certainly I would be delighted to see her admonish the vile Thornberry. And to be honest, she does seem to be more credible than the rather timid Lisa Nandy, who really isn't impressing.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 02 Feb 2020, 17:01

Good Lord! What a holy show.

Charlie O. wrote: Do you have to be high, or something?

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 02 Feb 2020, 17:52

Samoan wrote:Good Lord! What a holy show.

She really is a disgusting person.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 08 Feb 2020, 09:38

yomptepi wrote:
Samoan wrote:Good Lord! What a holy show.

She really is a disgusting person.

Given Deputy Leader candidate Diane Butler's recent recitation of the lyrics of Labi Siffre's Something Inside So Strong, maybe our Em should have chanced her arm with a shot at Abba's Take a Chance on Me.

What with Richard Burgon (a man so thick he would wear an "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt while sitting on his own) and his coruscating idea about putting proposed UK military action to a vote of Labour Party members, the paucity of options in the race to be DL is even sadder.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 15 Feb 2020, 12:01

At last the vile, pleb hating Thornberry has been shown the door. At least I won't have put up with her wretched eye rolling and dismissive waving every time she is asked a question she does not know the answer to. EG. Every single question she is asked. Hopefully Stinky Starmer, who now appears to have an 88% chance of winning, will relegate her to the back benches. Hopefully she will quit altogether.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51505547