Friday queries y’all

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Friday queries y’all

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Mar 2019, 16:08

If you find yourself doodling during a long phone call, what do you find that you’ve usually drawn?

Do you like your dentist?

What did your parents make you feel MOST guilty about?

What sport SOUNDS the greatest? (The pop pop pop of tennis, thud of cricket etc)

Someone dares you to rip up a banknote. What amount would be the first that would give you pause?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Friday queries y’all

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Mar 2019, 16:56

If you find yourself doodling during a long phone call, what do you find that you’ve usually drawn?

Always boxes/cubes

Yeah very nice guy - and he attended the Neil/Liam Finn I was at recently too, so a fine taste in music to boot.

Mum never did. Dad would if I let him or the family down publicly (which I did on the odd occasion)

What sport SOUNDS the greatest? (The pop pop pop of tennis, thud of cricket etc)

The line of scrimmage in American Football

Someone dares you to rip up a banknote. What amount would be the first that would give you pause?

I'd blanche at a £20, maybe even a tenner.
Last edited by Diamond Dog on 08 Mar 2019, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.”
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 08 Mar 2019, 17:26

Always diamonds, boxes and stars. Presumably that has some deep psychological significance.

Yes. My old dentist was incredibly flirty and cheeky, and swore a lot, but also extremely clever and always explained everything- he made teeth interesting! Now he’s doing more of the high end cosmetic stuff, and my new lady dentist is soft-spoken and lovely.

I had a Catholic upbringing, so EVERYTHING.

Snooker.

I wouldn’t accept the dare. What would be the point?
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 08 Mar 2019, 18:00

I don't doodle anymore.

Never really speak to him.

My parents never really made me feel guilty about anything, my Catholic guilt does that all on its own.

A bat hitting a baseball.

Probably a five dollar bill. I'm cheap.

Positive Passion

Postby Positive Passion » 09 Mar 2019, 10:19

My dentist is awesome.

My mum made me feel guilty about not seeing her often enough, though I went to see her nearly every weekend and spoke to her on the phone a couple of times a week.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 09 Mar 2019, 14:40

I don't really do the doodlebug, but I draw boxes round key words and big dots . at the beginning of words or sentences.

I'm not sure, he's new and I miss Dr Desai who moved out of London. He chats too much and I don't want to chat - he's my dentist not my pal - maybe that's his MO for putting patients at their ease but I've never been a nervous dental patient. I'd be more reassured if he wore surgical magnifying glasses like my previous dentist.

Wasting money - food, electricity, etc. : I got a telling off from Dad for discarding the last little scrap of a bar of soap into the bathroom waste bin.

Lawn tennis.

I'd do exactly the same as Polish Girl. (see question 3.)
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 09 Mar 2019, 17:13

Faces, cubes, and that 'house with an x inside' without taking the pen off the paper.

Yeah, he's alright. A bit over-eager with the handshakes and fake bonhomie sometimes, and you do have to factor in that he's a Bolton Wanderers fan. But generally, ok.

Nothing, as far as I can recall. The fact I dropped out of uni and didn't seem to get any kind of kicking is a credit to them, I'm sure I'll launch into Tom if he does the same.

Snooker's a great answer, it has to be that or cricket. I guess fishing, too, if you count that as a sport.

Wouldn't do it to any money. Seems completely wrong when you know how much even just a fiver could mean to someone on the breadline. Sorry for sounding like Bernard Right-on.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 11 Mar 2019, 21:42

Ella Megalast Burls wrote:If you find yourself doodling during a long phone call, what do you find that you’ve usually drawn?

Hedgehogs with cartoon noses, or never ending centipedes. Improbably large daisies.

I like my dentist very much. I like some of his hygienists as well, but every so often there’s one that tells me about al the problems I have if I don’t floss 23 hours a day. I’m less keen on all that.

Mother, being born and ruining her acting career, dad, leaving home when I was 16.

I would never have picked snooker, but it probably is.

I’d wince around the twenty quid/ dollar mark.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 11 Mar 2019, 21:54

I rarely doodle while on the phone, but if I do, it's generally just sort of odd geometric patterns.

He's great! And I actually intended to call for an appointment today, and I forgot!

They were generally good about not guilting me. Either that, or I just wasn't very susceptible to guilting!

The pop pop pop of tennis is nice - I'll say that.

A dollar. If they made 5¢ bills, I'd probably pause at that.