Moving On

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Rayge

Moving On

Postby Rayge » 02 Mar 2019, 16:33

As some of you may know, ms thang and I bought a house in the middle of January in a town 40 miles from here. Finally – after loads of frustration and delays – the heating and hot water systems have been installed, and the practical process of redecorating, recarpeting and so on, that has to be done before we could move the furniture, is about to begin. This means I am going to have to spend increasingly large chunks of time over there, possibly without internet access, and certainly without a lot of time for having fun on the interwebz, so I will be away from here most of the time, although I'll try to update my photo thread in My Way, and vote in the cups, when I can.
So, just a heads up: not flouncing, or anything like, but probably not around very much for a few months.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Moving On

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2019, 16:38

Good luck! House buying is totally time consuming. Hope it all works out well!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 02 Mar 2019, 16:56

Best of luck on your project. Glad you'll be able to continue posting your photos occasionally. It's become a regular BCB stop for me.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 02 Mar 2019, 20:00

Good luck Ray. Hope it all goes to plan, and doesn't stress you both out too much. Very wise getting it all done before you move in.
You don't like me...do you?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 02 Mar 2019, 20:32

All the best Ray. Hope it all goes smoothly.
Oh..and good luck with the new garden!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 02 Mar 2019, 21:05

Great news. Hope you are both very happy.
Where you moving to?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 02 Mar 2019, 21:35

Best of luck with your move x
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 02 Mar 2019, 21:36

Good luck Ray. It always brings a tear to the eye to see someone finally grow up, buy their first house and settle down. You kids have fun.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 02 Mar 2019, 22:12

I trust the new gaff has a similarly fabulous garden? Best of luck with it all, and make sure your papers are in order for border control. X
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Mar 2019, 23:54

Deebank wrote:Great news. Hope you are both very happy.
Where you moving to?

Taunton, western suburbs.
Last edited by Rayge on 03 Mar 2019, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 02 Mar 2019, 23:58

Polishgirl wrote:I trust the new gaff has a similarly fabulous garden?

About a third of the size, rectangular, and a decided challenge - full of rubbish, overgrown grass - loads of remedial work required this summer, just a large phalanx of containers (including about a dozen trees in barrels) and what I can grow in the greenhouse, if I can get it together in time (although it is, at least, flat). But I do get a new shed.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 03 Mar 2019, 00:03

Nice! That should keep you out of trouble :D
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.