PCP: anyone here ever tried it?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Charlie O.

PCP: anyone here ever tried it?

Postby Charlie O. » 06 Feb 2019, 01:05

Count Machuki's latest James Brown thread (or, rather, the story linked therein) reminded me that James Brown was on it when his life unraveled, and I know Sly Stone was too in the early '70s. I don't know of any other "celebrity endorsements."

I wonder what the attraction was for these gentlemen, because everything I've ever read about the drug makes it seem like a seriously unpleasant and stupidly dangerous fuckmeupper. But, hey, maybe everything I read was drug hysteria propaganda. Then again (again) - look at how James and Sly ended up.

Anyone here with any firsthand experience?

Quaco
F R double E

Re: PCP: anyone here ever tried it?

Postby Quaco » 06 Feb 2019, 01:21

Richard Pryor, or was he only into freebasing cocaine?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 06 Feb 2019, 01:22

Pot laced with it. Years ago. Once. And I was only told afterwards.

I don't remember it well, but I mostly remember just a really, really good pot high, which is maybe the appeal.

I don't think even then (teenaged party years) I would have done it intentionally - too many stories of psychotic behavior (not that I saw anything like that first hand).
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Feb 2019, 05:12

ya.

when i was a wayward teen critter, the big thing was mint leaf soaked in PCP. you could smoke it. you could stuff it inside of a capsule and take it. i could give many lurid stories about both. it was a thing... as it was so much cheaper than other droogs. in fact, it is the only reason i liked 8 tracks: you could hide *everything* inside those boxy fucquers.

or you could shove it in car a/c vents and no one could sniff it out.

what. speaking for a friend, of course.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 06 Feb 2019, 06:56

I smoked some stuff sprayed onto dried parsley called angel dust once when I was a kid. Made me more dizzy than high. Heard later on it may have been horse tranquilizer.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

The North Yorks Moors

Postby The North Yorks Moors » 06 Feb 2019, 07:39

Neigh.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 06 Feb 2019, 10:21

No.

I always remember the scare stories you'd hear about. People ripping their penises off or whatever so I was like, "I'll stick with speed, thanks".
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 06 Feb 2019, 11:16

Goat Boy wrote: People ripping their penises off

That's a hell of a strangely targeted financial scam.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Feb 2019, 14:50

I’ve tried TCP.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 06 Feb 2019, 17:01

somebody smoked me out once but it didn't taste right and gave me a terrible headache. I learned that I had just smoked a joint laced with "Elephant Tranquilizer" which would soon be haunting America with the name "Angel Dust"

I didn't feel very angelic and, had I been an elephant, I'm not exactly sure I would have been tranquilized, not with that headache.

¡no bueno!
Count Machuki wrote:Pues, pasas en una ensalada de papa es un abominación y debemos estar felices!!!

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 06 Feb 2019, 23:31

Wow guess a few people have my same experience.
I also had a joint laced with angel dust(PCP). Vial stuff gave me a crazy buzz that turned into a headache. Although while on it it was a powerful but bizarre buzz. About 1/2 hour after smoking it we walked home thru a cemetery. As we were walking there was a strong wind pushing me to a wall that we had to jump down. However, when we got to the wall the wind completely stopped. Freaked me out.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 07 Feb 2019, 16:03

Yeah, we smoked it a bunch in the 80s. One of the "brands" they used to sell was Roof Jumper. We thought that was pretty hilarious.

It's pretty gnarly, like can't-remember-who-you-are kind of gnarly. I can't imagine being up and out and walking around on the stuff. Maybe there are mellower "strains" than what we used to get.

I'm glad I grew out of that phase before they came up with bath salts, K2 and all the crazy shit that's out there now.

I would not recommend it.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 07 Feb 2019, 23:01

Snarfyguy wrote:Yeah, we smoked it a bunch in the 80s. One of the "brands" they used to sell was Roof Jumper. We thought that was pretty hilarious.

Like, you feel so energized you could jump up through the roof, or you're so high you think you can fly? Just trying to understand here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 07 Feb 2019, 23:24

Quaco wrote:
Snarfyguy wrote:Yeah, we smoked it a bunch in the 80s. One of the "brands" they used to sell was Roof Jumper. We thought that was pretty hilarious.

Like, you feel so energized you could jump up through the roof, or you're so high you think you can fly? Just trying to understand here.

More like the latter, we assumed.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 08 Feb 2019, 00:04

I went to walk the dog after smoking it and saw a talking pigeon on a fire hydrant.
I think it was just a coincidence.
Count Machuki wrote:Pues, pasas en una ensalada de papa es un abominación y debemos estar felices!!!

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 08 Feb 2019, 01:44

Sneelock wrote:I went to walk the dog after smoking it and saw a talking pigeon on a fire hydrant.

Yeah definitely saw images on the walk home too.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 08 Feb 2019, 01:44

double post

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 08 Feb 2019, 03:30

Sneelock wrote:I went to walk the dog after smoking it and saw a talking pigeon on a fire hydrant.

Maybe it was coincidence for YOU but for her it was *choke* love at first sight! :cry:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Feb 2019, 12:19

Anybody ever sniff glue? I did it a time or two. Good fun.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum