Leaving Neverland doc about Wacko Jacko and paedophilia

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Powehi

Leaving Neverland doc about Wacko Jacko and paedophilia

Postby Powehi » 26 Jan 2019, 11:01

Early reviews from Sundance where the film has just been screened don't bode well for Jacko's reputation.

The entire four-hour film is apparently split into two sections. The first two hours detail the abuse allegedly suffered by two of Jacko's young, ahem, 'friends'. The second half details the accusers' struggle to be heard.

The whole film has apparently been bought by Channel 4 for screening in the Spring.

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Re: Leaving Neverland doc about Wacko Jacko and paedophilia

Postby Goat Boy » 26 Jan 2019, 11:34

The details are horrific.

I never doubted the accusations anyway mind. I'll be interesting to see the reaction.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 26 Jan 2019, 14:39

Goat Boy wrote:I never doubted the accusations anyway mind. I'll be interesting to see the reaction.

I did not doubt them either. You had to be very innocent/naive, or have your judgment clouded by fandom, to do otherwise.
As for the reaction, the director and two victims have all received death threats, while the Jackson family are closing ranks.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Jan 2019, 15:33

Marina Hyde posted a link to this earlier:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michael-jackson-bad-and-very-dangerous-1731258.html

Author John Niven's view of the way Jackson's - let's be straight here - p%&£philia was dealt with in the aftermath of his death.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Jan 2019, 15:36

I saw the film of Jackson catching fire - literally - during the filming of that Pepsi ad the other night.
I found it very funny, which I don't think reflects very well on me.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 26 Jan 2019, 17:57

The Rolling Stone article here is... deeply unpleasant/disturbing.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... ce-784801/
From the heart – may it return to the heart!
We first make our habits, then our habits make us
You campaign in poetry. You govern in prose.

Robert

Postby Robert » 08 Mar 2019, 08:34

It will be aired on national television tonight here. Is it worth the four hour watch?

Samoan

Leaving Neverland documentary.

Postby Samoan » 08 Mar 2019, 10:30

I turned it off after the first 10 to 15 minutes after I heard the two "stage mums" spouting forth (especially the Australian one), in essence/sub text about how they intended to effectively pimp out their young sons.(IMO)

I didn't want to watch any more about anything or anyone.
I can read about it if I choose to, I've saved quite a few recent articles.
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 16 Mar 2019, 13:18

No doubt the mothers' role in these is really f+d up. I can understand being overwhelmed by the fame thing, but I'm amazed that it could ever come into conflict with the basics of parenthood. At the same time, I do commend them for their very open, considered interviews - it would have been far easier to not participate. The Australian mum does seem to still be in a slight state of denial - i think at one point she says "i don't know what else I could have done" which seems quite remarkable in the circumstances. What strikes me in reading a couple of opinion pieces about the documentary is the specific role of the mothers in this regard - the blame in these editorials goes squarely on them, and the role of the fathers is largely absent (and they are in large parts missing from the documentary as well).

It's very similar to the even more jaw-dropping failings in parenthood that you see in the Netflix doc "Abducted in Plain Sight" that I saw recently as well. On the one hand, one is absolutely appalled at their remarkable (criminal?) naivety at the time - but at the same time I couldn't help but be impressed by how articulate and honest their interviews were. It is important that these people speak.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 16 Mar 2019, 15:27

4 hours! That’s almost half as long as “Shoah”
My main problem with The Whole case was the “you just want money from our famous client” defense. The circumstantial evidence alone against a regular joe — they would have locked him up & thrown away the key.

I know there’s a good article (Esquire maybe) where the article compares the stories of certain participants then and now and finds them problematic. Still, remember the “Crazy LaToya” interview? She straight up said Michael was spending too much time with those boys and then went on to discuss her own abuse. The Estate called her all kinds of names. I believe she may have been asked to return her nose-job.

Me, no way I can watch something like that.it would be like a trip to the dentist.