Holy Shit! (Nolamike-specific News)

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Re: Holy Shit! (Nolamike-specific News)

Postby Samoan » 25 Jan 2019, 20:49

What a journey!
I wish you all the very best as your history unfolds. :)
“I haven’t a clue what you’re talking about – and I’m not sure you do either."

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 25 Jan 2019, 21:12

My "new" aunt responded to my email, and is going to be in touch with my bio mom. :o I'm a big, smiling, crying, blubbery mess right now; these are right up there among the most intense feelings I've ever experienced.
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 25 Jan 2019, 22:50

And, through crafty googling, I've just learned that I have two half-siblings.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 25 Jan 2019, 23:30

Nolamike wrote:And, through crafty googling, I've just learned that I have two half-siblings.

And from more communications from my bio family, I've learned they're not half-siblings... I have a full brother and a full sister. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Jan 2019, 01:31

Ok, now I really want to know the story...

(not to suggest that I didn't want to before)

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 26 Jan 2019, 01:47

Different folks have different attitudes toward this, of course. I never harbored any desire to locate my birth parents; I owe everything except my existence to the ones who brought me up.

A friend of mine, some years ago, decided to locate the daughter she's given up at birth. I told her that I thought it was a bad idea, but she persisted -- hiring a detective, who tracked the girl (at that point college age) down. It was a disaster: neither the daughter nor her family wanted anything to do with my friend, whose feelings were, of course, hurt.

Your circumstances seem different, and I wish you the best. But please, for everybody's sake, be careful. And the medical history thing is a good excuse for you to look them up -- I do wish I'd known mine.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.

TG

Postby TG » 26 Jan 2019, 03:50

What a great read. I'm really happy for you. I think Muskrat is right, though. Do be careful.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 26 Jan 2019, 08:26

I get the feeling from what you’ve written that your biological family is as keen to meet you as you are to meet them so best of luck with that Mike.

I had a older sister that was given away for adoption, she would have been the third oldest of six. About 15 years ago my eldest sister tried to find her through an agency and it so happened that the adopted sister had been trying to contact her biological family too so quite quickly they were in contact. The six of us were all together for the first time ever just a few years ago at my mother’s 80th birthday.

My newly found sister has had good life with a very loving family which my mum was overjoyed to learn as she had a heart wrenching time when she had to give her up for adoption and worried her whole life how things had planned out for her third child.

It’s great to have a ‘new’ sister especially as she’s an outdoorsy type like me and a keen hiker and rock climber unlike my other siblings.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 27 Jan 2019, 09:01

trans-chigley express wrote:I get the feeling from what you’ve written that your biological family is as keen to meet you as you are to meet them so best of luck with that Mike.

I had a older sister that was given away for adoption, she would have been the third oldest of six. About 15 years ago my eldest sister tried to find her through an agency and it so happened that the adopted sister had been trying to contact her biological family too so quite quickly they were in contact. The six of us were all together for the first time ever just a few years ago at my mother’s 80th birthday.

My newly found sister has had good life with a very loving family which my mum was overjoyed to learn as she had a heart wrenching time when she had to give her up for adoption and worried her whole life how things had planned out for her third child.

It’s great to have a ‘new’ sister especially as she’s an outdoorsy type like me and a keen hiker and rock climber unlike my other siblings.

Wow, that's awesome Ray.

And Mike, all the best with the journey of discovery ahead for you too.
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 28 Jan 2019, 20:42

Nolamike wrote:
Nolamike wrote:And, through crafty googling, I've just learned that I have two half-siblings.

And from more communications from my bio family, I've learned they're not half-siblings... I have a full brother and a full sister. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fucking hell, that's riveting stuff, Mike! :P
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 29 Jan 2019, 19:05

Update:

I've spent the last 72 hours emailing, texting, and Facebook messaging with my bio mom, bio siblings, and bio dad. They're all excited, and we are all getting along like I never would have expected.

The story is that my biological parents split up when I was born. Seven years later, they got back together, and were married, though they divorced after six years. They had two children, a boy and a girl. My siblings are each now grown (they're 8 and 10 years younger than me), with kids of their own. (Oh, so not only did I learn that I'm not an only child, I also learned that I'm actually an uncle, and my daughters finally have first cousins).

There are all sorts of remarkable coincidences between all of us. I'm a former teacher, who still works in education; my two siblings are teachers (as are other extended family members). The aunt who I was first in touch with shares the same first name as my mum (adoptive mom); she spent a long time working in libraries (just as I did when I was younger) Oh, also, my bio aunt and her husband were in the same town in Colorado at the same time as us last month. :shock: My biological uncle has the same first name as me. My sister is a music nut (though we have different musical tastes); she performs at different shows in her community, and actually teaches music. My bio mom is a baseball obsessive (possibly even more hardcore than me), and everyone describes her as always eager to discover new music (she and I haven't gotten to that point in our talks yet). I'm just starting to get to know bio Dad, but I 100% have his face.

And the biggest news yet...

I'm flying to Pittsburgh on Saturday, as my Bio Mom, Brother, and Sister all live on the same street in a town just outside of the city.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 29 Jan 2019, 19:31

Wow, Mike! What an extraordinary thing. Hope it goes great for all y'all.
Good to see you around here, too!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 29 Jan 2019, 19:38

Hellfire! That’s incredible!
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 29 Jan 2019, 20:22

Oh my word! Great news :D
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Jeemo

Postby Jeemo » 29 Jan 2019, 20:41

fantastic, hope it all goes well for you.
Image So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 29 Jan 2019, 21:04

Wild stuff, Mike! I hope it's as good as can be!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Jan 2019, 21:45

What they said - this sounds potentially seriously great!

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 29 Jan 2019, 21:54

Nolamike wrote:And the biggest news yet...

I'm flying to Pittsburgh on Saturday, as my Bio Mom, Brother, and Sister all live on the same street in a town just outside of the city.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, this is all happening fast! Very exciting! Best of luck to you Mike.
The crazy music drives you insane

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 30 Jan 2019, 06:43

Oh, good luck!
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.