Holy Shit! (Nolamike-specific News)

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Qube

Re: Holy Shit! (Nolamike-specific News)

Postby Qube » 30 Jan 2019, 16:26

Holy shit indeed, wonderful news so far!

Flower

Postby Flower » 30 Jan 2019, 16:58

Great news! Enjoy your reunion.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

martha
rambling rose

Postby martha » 31 Jan 2019, 16:35

This is all kinds of awesome and interesting and exciting I'm super happy for you if it all turns about to just be that you get some medical information that's fine but I kind of am rooting for you connecting with new family. It's cool to have a whole group of total strangers living a parallel life as a family... I think it's really neat that you've already found similarities and wonderful ways in which the genes have played out in your current little family that mirror theirs. It's very exciting. We're all interconnected and one big family really. Just...you know, some of us are more distant relatives. God. I don't know when I turned into such a f****** hippie. I hope it goes well.
--m.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 31 Jan 2019, 22:45

A great read Mike, and I’m really glad that all parties are excited by the prospect of having ‘new’ relatives. Give them hell!

Muskrat
World's Foremost Authority
Location: Next to the park; across the street from the college; and the freeway at my back

Postby Muskrat » 01 Feb 2019, 00:15

I just picked this threat up after my "be careful" post. So happy it's worked out to everybody's satisfaction. It gives me one more f'rinstane to add to my collection.
Things that a fella can't forget...

Mike Boom wrote:It is brilliant of course, probably the best of the complete Thick as a Brick boots.

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 05 Feb 2019, 18:56

So... I got back last night from traveling to meet my biological family (mother, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, cousins, nephews, and niece). And... it went really, really well; in fact, I don't see any way it could have gone better. We all seemed to find our comfort level almost immediately, everyone (at least as far as I could tell) was absolutely thrilled to welcome me into the family, and we're already planning on more visits in the future. I learned a great deal about where some of my features and tendencies come from, and found every single member of my "new" family to be a genuinely wonderful person. Honestly, I feel like the luckiest guy in the world - I've been in a great adopted family for as long as I've been conscious, I became part of another wonderful family when I married the missus nearly two decades ago, and now I've got a third, biological family who also consider me to be fully one of their own. It's almost impossible to comprehend, but here I am...

I'd post more details (there are many, which I'll be processing for years to come), but none of us really want this to become one of those "viral" stories (which is why I'm posting it here, semi-anonymously, rather than on social media). But I do want to say I appreciate all of you chiming in with your advice and kind words over the past week, and I'm happy to have re-discovered this forum and why I came here in the first place! Thanks y'all!
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Feb 2019, 18:59

Yaaaayyyy!!

Polishgirl

Postby Polishgirl » 05 Feb 2019, 21:38

:D Wonderful- glad it went so well!
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 06 Feb 2019, 06:44

That's great to read first thing in the morning :)
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Feb 2019, 06:53

i'm late coming into this (so sorry) but it changes nothing, naturally.

what a wonderful story. you know i send all my love and well-wishery.

*snifffle*

::smack:: to yew, mike.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 06 Feb 2019, 12:23

Right on, Mike! I'm happy for you!
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.