Coan's new board - It's all gone a bit Pete Tong

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Did you get invited?

YES, but I'll be staying where I am thank you very much
11%
YES, and I'm just stopping off here to say "see you suckers" to hoi palloi who didn't.
5%
YES, but I'll be using both until one or both goes tits up
30%
NO, and I'm spitting feathers
7%
NO, and I really couldn't give a shit
46%

Total votes: 56

Purgatory Brite

Re: Coan's new board.

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 10:52

C wrote:The bully-boy … a sad fucque … the soft-lad … the misfit … controlling bounder who cries like a baby … pathetic man … bad rubbish

No quarter given? :D

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Jan 2019, 11:31

C wrote:
PENK wrote:anything interesting swiftly gets buried under all the prog […] and other tedium.

You know I just don't get this (and the same would apply if you replaced 'prog' with 'jazz' or 'rap'). Folk posts these threads because they are interested in the music and others respond positively and intelligently. Look at the threads and you see they are started by a range of people. I am always of the view is why should I be bothered by what threads other folk start and if I am not interested then I give it a wide berth.

There are loads of people on the board who like hip-hop or jazz yet there are never more than one or two threads floating around. A lot of us have felt that there is an awful lot of "prog content" on the board considering it's more of a "niche" taste. Nobody's saying people can't like prog but for some reason it just tends to generate lots and lots of threads without much actual discussion of the music - just pictures of album covers and people agreeing that the record is good.

And that was only one of the things that was an issue: I too think Copey's right in saying one major problem is that people are "talked out" on most musical subjects. Whatever - there just aren't very many interesting threads on YY these days, very little that manages more than a few posts. The interest isn't there and John wanted somewhere more streamlined that might kick things into gear again. The idea that he is trying to be some kind of authoritarian forum overlord is laughable - most of us who have posted a bit there would just tell him where to stick it if he tried anything - and frankly suggests people are taking this far more seriously than they really ought to. There are a lot of BCBers who have started posting over there yet nobody - not even John himself, I don't think - has actually jumped ship from here as far as I can tell.

The only people who seem to have a problem with the new board are people who have a personal problem with John and profess not to want him posting here anyway. Now that he's set up another board they seem awfully concerned that he's gone somewhere else. I don't get it.
Last edited by Penk! on 15 Jan 2019, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jan 2019, 11:35

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 11:42

I really must stop visiting the Preludin board! However, things that I've said here are responded to over there, but we know why that is in solarskope's particular case.

It now seems that in addition to C's list, we now have to add that Coan is a Trump supporter! Is there no ended to the man's odiousness?

I've never laughed as much as when I saw solarskope's thread "thee strange case of PB and C". He has actually suggested that C and I were in a gay relationship. The viperous Goat Boy then has a go at body shaming me. On a more serious level, they are dog whistling their master, Coan's blatant homophobia and misanthropy.

As it develops, Preludin reveals beyond doubt that Coan really is a Katy Hopkins-like character, full of hatred and bigotry.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 11:42

*duplicated post*
Last edited by Purgatory Brite on 15 Jan 2019, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 11:43

*duplicated post*

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Jan 2019, 11:54

solarskope is also claiming on that thread that Carlsson is an initiate of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn with dark occult powers to suit.

It strikes me that a good course of action when reading threads like that is to not assume they mean everything literally.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 11:56

PENK wrote:Nobody's saying people can't like prog

Wrong, this is exactly what Coan and Rayge say.

Why are you acting as Coan's apologist?

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 15 Jan 2019, 11:56

Purgatory Brite wrote:I really must stop visiting the Preludin board! However, things that I've said here are responded to over there, but we know why that is in solarskope's particular case.

It now seems that in addition to C's list, we now have to add that Coan is a Trump supporter! Is there no ended to the man's odiousness?

I've never laughed as much as when I saw solarskope's thread "thee strange case of PB and C". He has actually suggested that C and I were in a gay relationship. The viperous Goat Boy then has a go at body shaming me. On a more serious level, they are dog whistling their master, Coan's blatant homophobia and misanthropy.

As it develops, Preludin reveals beyond doubt that Coan really is a Katy Hopkins-like character, full of hatred and bigotry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marvellous.

Absolutely
fucking
marvellous.
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 15 Jan 2019, 12:01

The viperous goat boy :)
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Jan 2019, 12:06

Purgatory Brite wrote:

No, they say prog is shit. Not that nobody is allowed to listen to it.

Why are you acting like you're having a breakdown over this? Just drop it. Coan's posting somewhere else now. Why are you so upset about that if you dislike him so much? It's only a bloody messageboard.
Last edited by Penk! on 15 Jan 2019, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 15 Jan 2019, 12:11

Just had a little look and most of the 'general' section is devoted to BCB.
They should have a bit more dignity :lol:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 15 Jan 2019, 12:14

Purgatory Brite wrote:

He's got a point though. That's a 'battle' you won. John's constant bleating about prog (amongst other hobby horses) was utterly ignored so he built a new sand pit to shit it :lol:

Good luck to them - time to move on no?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 15 Jan 2019, 12:19

Deebank wrote:Just had a little look and most of the 'general' section is devoted to BCB.
They should have a bit more dignity :lol:

Fake news!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Jan 2019, 12:20

Music is an endless well, from which we can draw fresh topics. I've been at it on various boards since 2005 and there's loads more I could discuss. It helps if you've got a broad taste. Better to be "too broad" than "too narrow".
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Jan 2019, 12:23

GoogaMooga wrote: I've been at it on various boards since 2005 and there's loads more I could discuss.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jan 2019, 12:24

Deebank wrote:Just had a little look and most of the 'general' section is devoted to BCB.

How sweet :)
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 15 Jan 2019, 13:06

Purgatory Brite wrote:

JC's never been anti-prog as a default stance, he once tried to get me into Gentle Giant! :lol:
Rayge probably is anti-prog because it's his rhetorical style to use words to surgically condemn things ( or equally to celebrate them) and for that you need clear targets. Powerful rhetoric doesn't work with ambiguous opinions and he enjoys writing.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 15 Jan 2019, 13:22

The Modernist wrote:
Purgatory Brite wrote:

JC's never been anti-prog as a default stance, he once tried to get me into Gentle Giant! :lol:
Rayge probably is anti-prog because it's his rhetorical style to use words to surgically condemn things ( or equally to celebrate them) and for that you need clear targets. Powerful rhetoric doesn't work with ambiguous opinions and he enjoys writing.

While thanking you for the above, I would also like to point out that I have never, to the best of my recollection, said that people can't or don't like prog, just that I don't, or, to be more accurate, didn't, back when recorded music was more important to me than it is now. In fact, I try never to proscribe or prescribe anything (except as a rhetorical device) because it is part of my default philosophy that everyone is different and lives in a world of their own devising, that everybody is right and wrong about everything, and I'm no different. If I attack something that someone else likes, I am not attacking them, I am providing information about the only thing I am actually qualified to talk about, my world. I don't expect anyone else to live in it, or even visit. If people do feel hurt/annoyed/upset/whatever label you want to put on it by what I post, just don't read it, put me on ignore.
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jan 2019, 13:27

Some folk really don't write as well as they'd like to think they do. ;)

Return to “Nextdoorland”