Brave new world (one for Jimbo)

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Brave new world (one for Jimbo)

Postby GoogaMooga » 07 Jan 2019, 10:43

Mucking about on youtube, you get all sorts of ideas thrown at you. I say "ideas", not conspiracy theories, because the latter is used by some people as a facile or blanket dismissal of hard evidence and truth, at least in some cases. A way to stifle free speech. Anyway, there's all sorts of plans for the not too distant future. Orwell's vision is already well under way, and Aldous Huxley was also prescient. There are top secret plans to fuse human beings with Artificial Intelligence, at first by operating microchips into our bodies (excuse being do away with the card), and then gradually let A.I. take over, so we fuse that with our own personalities, until we become uncritical consumers who don't question authorities. Those who resist, they have a solution to that as well, nanotechnology, whereby you unknowingly breathe in the micro-microchips. By 2030, more and more robots, more and more A.I. - where does it all end? There will be a high demand for yellow vests. :lol:
1966 and all that

Davey the Fat Boy

Re: Brave new world (one for Jimbo)

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Jan 2019, 05:40

YouTube’s algorithm is built to keep you “mucking about.” It is an attention-gathering machine. The way it works is by pushing as much extremism at you as quickly as possible - so it pushes anyone forward who is willing to say anything for attention.

That’s a pretty bad dynamic to create if the goal is disseminating truth.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 08 Jan 2019, 06:48

While it would be naïve to take everything at face value there, it would also be naïve to completely ignore or deny that some people have grand designs for the future that will affect us in our daily lives. This is not even a left/right thing, it goes beyond that. You wait and see, the microchip bit has already made the evening news. You think scientists will stop there, you can't stop "progress". As for freedom of speech, well look around, it's under pressure everywhere. If even half of what the pundits, soothsayers, and whistleblowers talk about is true, then it is worrying, to say the least. But, I'll probably die before it gets out of hand, and I don't have any kids, so I'll just try and enjoy what little time I have left. :)
1966 and all that

PENK
Midnight to Six Man

Postby PENK » 08 Jan 2019, 07:30

How does ”top secret” equate with ”on the evening news”?
GoogaMooga wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Baron got into a fight with some Satan’s Slaves over some culinary issue

Awful thing when that happens. I had a similar experience at a Tom Jones concert.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 08 Jan 2019, 09:14

PENK wrote:How does ”top secret” equate with ”on the evening news”?

Whatever may seem harmless or palatable to people, they'll let slip. They need our initial compliance or willingness to take it even further. It's the further thing we have to worry about, though I don't particularly fancy the idea of a microchip under my skin, either. How far they can go is up to us, how far we will let them go. They can both cajole and coerce, of course, who wants to be cut off from shopping or vital services, if society is cash- and cardless?
1966 and all that

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 08 Jan 2019, 09:55

There is plenty to worry about. But the conspiratorial thinking about some powerful “them” having plans for us is silly.

We should worry because our science/tech and industry leaders answer only to the market. If we made crack cocaine available to all based on the fact that the market demands it,we’d be facing social calamity. Yet we tell ourselves that the market is the best arbiter of where the rest of society’s guardrails should be.
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Jan 2019, 10:33

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:There is plenty to worry about. But the conspiratorial thinking about some powerful “them” having plans for us is silly.

How naive you are. Are you the last person to think that George Orwell wasn't on to something? Is it "silly" that we are currently being tracked by government computers, propagandized more than ever by government controlled media, cheated in our elections by rigged computer voting machines, and on and on with ways the government today is using and abusing the internet. Is commerce involved? Are there individuals who want to profit from this brave new world? Sure there are. The beauty of the system is how it monetizes, thus justifies its "plan" for keeping the system, the status quo as they like it with the corporations, the big banks and the war economy humming along.
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 08 Jan 2019, 10:35

Other than the annual Bilderberg summit meetings, I am not aware of any "them", and that is not exactly what I meant, just used the pronoun as shorthand because I don't have any actual names. Yes, you are right about the danger of unchecked market forces, I think we can all agree on that, left or right.
1966 and all that