Integrity Initiative

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo

Integrity Initiative

Postby Jimbo » 16 Dec 2018, 05:54

(Okay, okay, Vlad, I'm writing. I'm doing it,)

Ahem. Allow me to be first here to open what promises to be a huge can of worms. Thanks to the online hacking group Anonymous we are learning just how fucked up OUR side is and not RT or Jimmy Dore. Integrity Initiative is a worldwide propaganda system paid for by the UK government under the guise of a charity consisting of "clusters" (important term) of journalists, media outlets, experts and other insiders who coordinate via Twitter and other social media to push anti-Russia, anti-progressive and other bullshit our overlords deem legitimate news and information. Last week I had already posted a document here which showed how the dis-info group ganged up on a Spanish politician deemed Putin-friendly and had him banned from a race, or something. Don't expect me to be good with details but follow the more forensically expert links which I will paste. Here, for example, from the excellent alt news site Moon Of Alabama is this: https://www.moonofalabama.org/

The most interesting paper I found so far is:

COMBATTING RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION
LAUNCHING AN ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS CAMPAIGN TO INFORM, DEBUNK, AND COMBAT STATE-SPONSORED PROPAGANDA
Comprehensive action proposal (pdf)

A "strictly confidential" proposal by the French company Lexfo to spread the Integrity Initiative's state-sponsored propaganda through an offensive online influence campaigns for a monthly pay per language of €20-40.000. The proposal also includes an offer for "counter activism" through "negative PR, legal actions, ethical hack back, etc." for €50,000 per month.

If you give a fuck, if you haven't fallen down into your utterly stupid and dangerous rabbit hole of anti-Russia, pro-war, actual Orwellian propaganda then get hip to the truth for once. It shall set you free.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

ever/never
hounds people off the board

Re: Integrity Initiative

Postby ever/never » 16 Dec 2018, 06:45

oh God

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 16 Dec 2018, 06:49

Oh show me the way to the next vodka bar....
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Dec 2018, 07:00

Regular news media is really only good for banalities, like the news of a puppy dog that got lost up in a tree, or something. Internet pages and youtube all the way.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 16 Dec 2018, 07:35

GoogaMooga wrote:Regular news media is really only good for banalities, like the news of a puppy dog that got lost up in a tree, or something. Internet pages and youtube all the way.

'Regular' news media at least gives me a fighting chance to understand what is happening.
Social media and YouTube can go to hell
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

ever/never

Postby ever/never » 16 Dec 2018, 09:19

GoogaMooga wrote:Regular news media is really only good for banalities, like the news of a puppy dog that got lost up in a tree, or something. Internet pages and youtube all the way.

So what's 'regular news media', then?

and what youtube channels do you watch for news?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Dec 2018, 09:25

Oliver Stone: American 'War State' Has 'the Worst Media in the World'

Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

ever/never

Postby ever/never » 16 Dec 2018, 09:29

(voice in Jimbo's head): 'Google 'worst media in the world', Jimbo!

Jimbo: yeah? is that what I do?

(voice): yeah man! then tell all the people!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 16 Dec 2018, 09:43

Google is your friend. Just Google "Integrity Initiative."

British Spies Infiltrated Bernie Sanders' Campaign?

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/12/b ... .html#more

Copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby Copehead » 16 Dec 2018, 09:51

They have a nice side line in smearing the Labour Party in the UK as well, all paid for by the government!
Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Nazi Punks, Fuck Off

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 16 Dec 2018, 09:55

There's a lot of these shadowy companies, aways run by ex-army guys. It's quite sinister.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Dec 2018, 10:16

I don't discuss politics on BCB, but I will try to explain:

During the German occupation of Denmark in WWII, we had not only the underground reistance, but also "illegal" magazines, papers, etc. This was a way to circumvent censorship. Same in the former Soviet Union. There was "Pravda", the govt. paper, which ironically meant "the truth", and then there were the secretly exchanged "samizdat". Protest pages and youtube are my way of getting more nuanced news.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

ever/never

Postby ever/never » 16 Dec 2018, 10:28

Nuanced, eh?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Dec 2018, 11:03

Whatever position you take on a subject, it is always good to read the opposition's views, and then form your own opinion. If one media is one-sided, find another source that is one-sided in direct opposition, as a counter-balance. Important thing is to read both.

ever/never

Postby ever/never » 16 Dec 2018, 11:24

Yes we're all aware of that.

I would just dispute this idea that youtube and so-called protest pages provide a more balanced viewpoint.

Whatever faults the mainstream press have, I'd much rather get my news from them than from some longhair screaming into a webcam about his First Amendment rights

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 16 Dec 2018, 11:33

There are plenty of issues with mainstream media but there are also plenty of decent alternatives that offer more balanced and investigative views without needing to go ”underground”.

Face it 99% of ”protest pages” or Youtube channels are either sweaty shut-ins babbling about conspiracies or loony skinheads peddling neo-Nazi theories and made-up news.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Toby
Arsehole all Erect

Postby Toby » 16 Dec 2018, 11:34

More drivel.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 16 Dec 2018, 11:51

PENK wrote:There are plenty of issues with mainstream media but there are also plenty of decent alternatives that offer more balanced and investigative views without needing to go ”underground”.

Face it 99% of ”protest pages” or Youtube channels are either sweaty shut-ins babbling about conspiracies or loony skinheads peddling neo-Nazi theories and made-up news.

Proper investigative journalism needs substantial funding, it needs legal support and advice, it needs teams of people working together..which is why it has always been best served by traditional newspapers. I don't think supporters of alternative media fully understand this.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 16 Dec 2018, 11:53

Copehead wrote:They have a nice side line in smearing the Labour Party in the UK as well, all paid for by the government!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't like me...do you?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 16 Dec 2018, 12:04

And I would question the idea that we still have freedom of speech in the West - or anywhere, for that matter. Sure, there are hotheads underground, it is up to you to use your critical faculties and sort through the information, mainstream or underground.