Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Davey the Fat Boy

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 31 Jan 2019, 01:25

Things are rough in Tulsi-world...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... on-1134055

Meanwhile Kamala Harris sure has executed a strong campaign launch!
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 31 Jan 2019, 12:01

I guess it wasn't until the advent of social media that I really started to pay attention to the American electoral cycle, and I have to say - it's fucking nuts. There always seems to be an election of some sort happening in two-year cycles and people are constantly campaigning! I don't know how you're not all worn down by the constant barrage of shit. I guess it's got to do with fixed election dates, which we don't have up here. Here, when an election gets called, candidates from all parties have three months to campaign and then it's over until the next one - usually four years down the road barring any parliamentary upsets. It seems so boring in comparison, but I'm glad that's how our system works.
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 01 Feb 2019, 13:32

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Feb 2019, 16:46

so, Tulsi Gabbard was anti-gay rights. I thought that was a smear job.
"If you can't fly -- you can't be a Byrd."

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Feb 2019, 16:46

Booker is official.
in other news, Jimbo really likes Tulsi Gabbard.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 01 Feb 2019, 16:48

okay, so it's already pretty obvious that Insurance and Tax reform are going to be among the main issues that all 87 candidates will be hashing out in the primary debates. don't you think?

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Feb 2019, 04:29

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard
Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... rd-n964261

:roll:
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 03 Feb 2019, 20:54

From 1:36.00. Gabbard's official kick-off speech. Channeling JFK - "service above self" - her speech is a tad lackluster in the rhetoric department but promising Medicare For All, and against corruption, greed, Big Pharma, for-profit prisons and most importantly for international cooperation and against needless foreign intervention wars. Notably to me, missing from her speech are other progressive wants like getting money out of politics and free college.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 05 Feb 2019, 13:23

Let’s stop allowing the mass psychosis of these paranoid cold war feeding frenzies to be the new normal, please. If we keep going this way it’s only going to get worse for everyone.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/thes ... ff65255c0d

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 05 Feb 2019, 14:27

Trump on Twitter wrote:Just calm down and enjoy the ride, great things are happening for our country!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Feb 2019, 09:07

A rather frosty one-sided interrogation by the EOX News, I mean MSNBC morning team. Hatz and Davey will cheer.

See, what gets me is that a convincing counter-narrative exists - it's all over the internet - yet these news whores are paid to ignore it and say whatever their pimp tells them to say. "Say you love me baby." "I love you baby."

So that was nuts. We can expect to see a whole, whole lot more of this as the plutocratic media works overtime to undermine Gabbard’s message in order to keep her from disrupting establishment war narratives, and I’m pleased as punch to see Gabbard firing back and calling them out for the sleazy war propagandists that they are. Her presidential campaign is shaking the foundations of the establishment narrative control matrix more than anything else that’s going on right now, so it looks like writing about these embarrassing mass media debacles she’s been provoking may be a big part of my job in the coming months.

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/tuls ... c3bfc312a1
Last edited by Jimbo on 07 Feb 2019, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Feb 2019, 10:45

Kamala Harris
‏Verified account @KamalaHarris

Russia was able to influence our election because they figured out that racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, and transphobia are America’s Achilles heel. These issues aren’t only civil rights — they’re also a matter of national security. We have to deal with that.
4:09 PM - 5 Feb 2019

:roll:
Last edited by Jimbo on 07 Feb 2019, 12:20, edited 4 times in total.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 07 Feb 2019, 10:46

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 08 Feb 2019, 11:20

"Pretty sure" NYT writer talks about Tulsi. This is your establishment media off drugs.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 13 Feb 2019, 12:45

I heard Andrew Yang speak on Sam Harris' podcast a few months back and was so inspired I put myself on his mailing list. I've seen a few other of his videos since then and now here is is on Joe Rogan's show. As far as his plan of giving every American $1000 bucks a month, it's so crazy it might just work. So far Rogan has had on Gabbard and now Yang.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 14 Feb 2019, 23:48

Is Michelle Obama Going To Run For President In 2020?
February 11, 2019 by Michael Snyder

When she made a surprise appearance at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night, the entire auditorium went into a “spontaneous shrieking hysterical meltdown” when she began to speak. She is the most admired woman in America by a very wide margin, and she is married to the most admired man in America. She released her critically-acclaimed memoir “Becoming” in November, and here we are in February and it is still the best selling book on Amazon. Her national book tour has been filling sports stadiums all over the nation, and Democrats all across America are buzzing about the possibility that Michelle Obama could run for president in 2020....http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... nt-in-2020

I kind of like Michelle. She has a mouth on her that could shut down Trump - or just about anyone else. I guess if this is how the game is going to be played I might stick around for the entertainment.

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » Yesterday, 04:42

I think she could crush Trump like a grape but I also think she has ZERO interest in running for President and moving back into the White House. But I’ve been grievously wrong before.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » Yesterday, 04:45

Still Baron wrote:[...] I also think she has ZERO interest in running for President and moving back into the White House.

I believe her book says as much.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » Today, 08:05

Elizabeth Warren officially announced her candidacy this week - here's a BBC piece on her potential issues :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47229621

I like Warren.
"Excuse my dust."
"It put me back in my place and made me realize, yes I'm just a cunt in a clown suit."
"The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here"