Democrat candidates so far. . .

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Re: Democrat candidates so far. . .

Postby Still Baron » 24 Jan 2019, 15:19

Considering there are about two people in major jurisdictions who can legitimately claim to be “progressive prosecutor,” I’m not going to go for that mess from any presidential candidate. If I decide I like Kamala Harris best, it’ll be in spite of her history as a prosecutor, not because of it. But I’m so far removed from the quarrels surrounding the Democratic Party, I feel like I’m on the outside looking in.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2019, 15:35

Here's Harris' first campaign ad. Slick. Just what they're clamoring for in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Jan 2019, 18:39

I think people underestimate how "likable" she is especially compared to You Know Who.
the Lefties already hate her guts. It doesn't help that her team is making a show of installing MAJOR Clintonistas to run her campaign.
I think they should tie her hands behind her back when she talks - way too much "TV hands."
Count Machuki wrote:Pues, pasas en una ensalada de papa es un abominación y debemos estar felices!!!

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Jan 2019, 19:11

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... fred-upton
Good Old Blue-Collar Joe got paid big bucks to praise a Republican in 2018 race.
nice work if you can get it.
Count Machuki wrote:Pues, pasas en una ensalada de papa es un abominación y debemos estar felices!!!

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 24 Jan 2019, 22:31

Sneelock wrote:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/24/18195926/joe-biden-2020-speech-fred-upton
Good Old Blue-Collar Joe got paid big bucks to praise a Republican in 2018 race.

Funny, I got a gushy feeling - the good kind - when I read that Biden thinks he could bring the country together. I like Joe Biden. He was great on VEEP. But $200,000? Two hundred large for a speech? Nah, uh uh, Joe. Maybe you give a speech for car fare and a dinner but $200,000??? Jeez, the numbers these guys can toss around these days!
Cold War Number One: 70 years of daily national stupidity. Cold War Number Two: Still in its youth, but just as stupid. - William Blum

Still Baron
Diamond Geezer

Postby Still Baron » 24 Jan 2019, 22:33

Jimbo wrote:
Sneelock wrote:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/24/18195926/joe-biden-2020-speech-fred-upton

Funny, I got a gushy feeling - the good kind - when I read that Biden thinks he could bring the country together. I like Joe Biden. But $200,000? Two hundred large for a speech? Nah, uh uh, Joe. Maybe you give a speech for car fare and a dinner but $200,000??? Jeez, the numbers these guys can toss around these days!

Would you not give a speech for $200K?
I would!
Last edited by Still Baron on 25 Jan 2019, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Quaco wrote:Are you fucking high?

take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 24 Jan 2019, 23:29

Good Ole Blue Collar Baron! :lol:

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 25 Jan 2019, 05:58

Tulsi Gabbard
‏Verified account @TulsiGabbard

The United States needs to stay out of Venezuela. Let the Venezuelan people determine their future. We don't want other countries to choose our leaders--so we have to stop trying to choose theirs.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 3649713153

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2019, 05:50

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jan 2019, 16:32

From the shooting myself in the foot department. This video is hosted by Jimmy Dore confederate Graham Elwood, the "Political Vigilante." Graham, a Gabbard supporter like me has on his show this pundit especially expert when speaking about Indian politics and he lays out how deeply Gabbard is indebted to, not to mention supportive of Hindu nationalists, a group more conservative, militant and racist than I'd had thought. He even gets into how her voting record shows she has actively supported these guys in a quid pro quo manner. Indian Americans, of whom there are many, as well as the actual BJP have been backing her. It is a disappointing and I await to hear Tulsi respond to this critique. Kudos to Elwood for having on such a tough critic.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 28 Jan 2019, 00:19

Tulsi has a speedy damage control response mechanism. I watched the video last night and here the next morning in my email is a response - not a point for point explanation, however.

Tulsi Gabbard: Religious bigotry is un-American
January 26, 2019

https://religionnews.com/2019/01/26/tul ... -american/

The most relevant part re the video critique is this.

I too have been accused of being a “Hindu nationalist.”

My meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India’s democratically elected leader, have been highlighted as “proof” of this and portrayed as somehow being out of the ordinary or somehow suspect, even though President Obama, Secretary Clinton, President Trump and many of my colleagues in Congress have met with and worked with him. India is one of America’s closest allies in Asia and is a country of growing importance in a critical region of the world.

The strategic partnership between our two countries has been a priority for several decades now. To question my commitment to my country, while not questioning non-Hindu leaders, creates a double standard that can only be rooted in one thing: religious bigotry. I am Hindu and they are not.

I want to believe Tulsi. And even if she has accepted more help from the BNP than a good progressive should have taken then it is a bit of tarnish on her record but I will continue to support her. Her anti-foreign intervention, social-democratic policies still top any of the other candidates.

Davey the Fat Boy

Postby Davey the Fat Boy » 28 Jan 2019, 05:26

I wonder if Tulsi Gabbard has been mentioned on this thread yet?
“Remember I have said good things about benevolent despots before.” - Jimbo

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jan 2019, 15:45

Davey the Fat Boy wrote:I wonder if Tulsi Gabbard has been mentioned on this thread yet?

She's Practically Perfect In Every Way, you know...
:roll:
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jan 2019, 16:38

Anything about her that isn’t perfect is a brazen lie.
(Now imagine ignoring a few Jimmy Dore vids.)

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jan 2019, 16:44

although, I must say I think it's great hearing a Democrat speaking out against the Venezuela situation and U.S. Interventionism as a whole.
what gets me is how "cult of personality" her supporters are even at this early stage. Jimbo knew he was all in for her before he even heard who else there will be to choose from. I don't see this as a good thing. it's one thing to be leaning one way or the other but quite another to already be on board IMO.
Last edited by Sneelock on 28 Jan 2019, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 28 Jan 2019, 17:16

Write her checks, certainly but I’d hold off on getting a tattoo.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 28 Jan 2019, 17:21

Asked if he’d raise taxes on corporations as president, Howard Schultz says: “I don’t want to talk in the hypothetical about what I would do if I was president.” https://t.co/Db6OQriTlQ

:lol: He doesn't know how this works, does he?
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 28 Jan 2019, 17:26

Sneelock wrote:Write her checks, certainly but I’d hold off on getting a tattoo.

:x
NOW you tell me!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 28 Jan 2019, 17:32

Count Machuki wrote:
Sneelock wrote:Write her checks, certainly but I’d hold off on getting a tattoo.

:x
NOW you tell me!

And on your face, too. When will you learn??
If you've got nothing to do, don't do it here.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » 29 Jan 2019, 03:33